Guuurrl She wearing a Wig ova her Weave!!!

I don't wear weaves or wigs but it didn't seem that crazy to me...you have a sew-in, but you want a different look so you put on a wig. Doesn't seem that different than wrapping long hair and then putting on a wig. In this case, the wig was pretty cheap and ugly, though.

The thing is...most of the views/comments/dislikes are probably from her fans...many of whom also wear wigs and weaves. So if Ateya looks crazy, how do they think they look?

Hair Confession Time!!

I am guilty of putting a half wig over my sew in. Only becuase my tracks were loose and looking bad :perplexed

Now I could understand if this were about an emergency hair style for old tracks or a bad hair day, but to put a bad weave over a good weave is ....something else :perplexed

DrC Your avi...siggy...tagline...upset with you. :lachen:

Maybe she just wanted to do a wig review. Leave her alone

sent from my HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum app
that's exactly what she was doing actually

but I love my Ateeya, it was funny.... she's the only friend I talk with on youtube... yet I was tickled a bit

OK...I am oficially done with...

Ok so I'm going to go deep and try to come up with a reason why she would want to do this. Ok here it goes. She didn't want to ruin her sew in by putting curls in it - she wanted to keep it straight but she wanted to do a curly style - so therefore the curly wig?

Or it would have taken too long to curl the sew in and the wig was already curled?

Or ... its almost midnight. That's all I can come up with at this late hour.

I dislike anything on my head - wig or weave. I can't imagine putting them both on my head. I would have to take a day off work due to mental stress.

YOU...

See that's just plain crazy. Pick one....wig or weave. That's what you call doing too much. All of that going on I'd be angry and sweating all at the same time. The wig looks so wiggy...like she's wearing one of those witness protection program wigs.

I like her hair videos instead of the wig ones.

YOU...

Ateya lives in Texas so I could imagine her scalp being on fire 3.2 secs after leaving her house.:ohwell:

YOU...

this is 2011 and there's no reason for what she did. Usually I don't comment on Ateyaa threads but this had me rollin. I think it was funny because she was super serious about it too, like she just hooked us up with a new discovery. Then instead of asking for us to pray for the Japanese at least, she asks us to pray for her. :lachen:

annnnnnnnd YOU! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I didn't realize until this thread that some people really don't know what a bad wig looks like? I'm always amazed when I see it on the street, but people honestly don't understand that a shiny, plastic looking wig that sits 4 inches on top of your head (and is often pulled way too far down the forehead) is unflattering and down right hideous.

What looks GOOD about this? Seriously.

You all know darn well that she did not leave the house like that. Stop playing.

She is way too pretty to do that to herself. Don't let these youtube gurus play you and have you out there looking kah-razy. Just say no.

Isnt she a youtube partner? So she's getting paid for views and comments negative or nice doesnt matter right.
eta: I just watched the vid pure shenanigans but I also noted that she just uploaded this yesterday but has over 6,300 views and 42 pages of comments already. I think the video is serving its purpose...

BAM!
(In my principal Grier voice)

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

I didn't realize until this thread that some people really don't know what a bad wig looks like? I'm always amazed when I see it on the street, but people honestly don't understand that a shiny, plastic looking wig that sits 4 inches on top of your head (and is often pulled way too far down the forehead) is unflattering and down right hideous.

What looks GOOD about this? Seriously.

You all know darn well that she did not leave the house like that. Stop playing.

She is way too pretty to do that to herself. Don't let these youtube gurus play you and have you out there looking kah-razy. Just say no.

I must have missed something because I don't think anyone said it looked good. Most wigs look crazy to me, especially lacefronts. I just said it doesn't seem like that big of a stretch to put a wig over a weave....

Anyhow, the whole thing is a hot mess.

15ouxsh.jpg

....I thought I'd seen everything.

Please understand that I love Gary Payton...I just appreciate this so very much...:lachen::lol::lachen::lol::lachen:

I'm not a big weave, wig person...watched the video out of curiousity. I'm not a big fan of the wig look...but no shade, no shade...she likes it I love it!

wow. some of the comments on that video are bordering on deranged. :nono: People can be so mean. As for the review, I don't see why it would be necessary but trust this video saved someone from going to the club on Friday with some exposed tracks. :lachen:

I don't follow her anymore. Can someone tell me where the "it is the same thing" thing originated from? I think it's hilarious without knowing and I am hoping it makes it funnier knowing what happened.

i'm sorry...but for the fact it looked "wiggy" (and i have not seen ONE lace front on this forum that didn't. sorry y'all), it really didn't look THAT bad.

i've seen worse.

moving on.

I feel like everyone is over reacting it does not look any worse than a seaborn hair do...

Sent from my MB200 using Long Hair Care Forum App

damn some folks are going IN!? what's really good?! it's that deep??? funniest thing is, folks talk all of this on the internet and would meet folks in person and it would be a whole notha story.

empressri A lot of people do that nonsense/you meet them in person & it becomes,hey girl!..How are you? Everything OK! Tyring to be nice acting like non-thing was ever said or happened......

Happy Hair Growing!

Back