Sengs Finally Updates w/PIcs

sengschick

The Bun Master
/images/graemlins/wave.gif Ladies,

Okay be patient. I tried to make the Fotki move but /images/graemlins/look.gif it was too much, so it's on raggedy yahoo. I finally see some progress in inches instead of just overall improved hair quality. It's a bit past my 6 month hair-niversary and I've tacked on about 5" and trimmed ~1" in October (which I think I'm grown back already). So I'm pleased.

Thanks for all of your help and ongoing encouragement ladies. You are all gems /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Very pretty pictures! I think you are making GREAT progress...I definately need the inspiration today!

Your hair looks great Sengs /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I really like how you do your everyday bun. -- jainygirl

Wow! You've got some good growth going.

ok...since you've illustrated that beautiful bun so well can you do the same for that braided bun? That looks so darn cute. How did you get it to look so uniform, big and even? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sengs! You crazy chick that makes me laugh! This is the first time I've looked at your album! You are soooo pretty!Your hair looks good and it's SHINY...you and KAddy have so got me patiently waiting to have my hair touched up with Phyto.

You and your hair are looking great, Sengs! The braid bun and everyday bun are fierce. You know you're going to have to show us how you did those. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SENGS!!! your hair is on POINT!

But you KNOW you gotta start a separate thread (with pictures) on how you did that Braid BUN! girl, i aint playin'. That ishh is AWESOME!

Your hair looks great.
/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif @ CH <--- ditto what she said about the bun.

Gorgeous, Sengs /images/graemlins/smile.gif!! Your March-November comparison pic is inspirational /images/graemlins/up.gif--way to go!

Hey Sengschick /images/graemlins/wave.gif,
You and your hair are just too cute!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I love your airdry twistout pic!! /images/graemlins/up.gif Your ringlets are to die for!! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Great progress /images/graemlins/up.gif And that braided bun is sooooo pretty... I'll be waiting on the how-to for that as well /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Your growth is amazing /images/graemlins/clap.gifand the bun...well I'm speechless (and that's a first)! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Awww, you ladies are so sweet /images/graemlins/Rose.gif. I blushing over here. I certainly don't think of my hair as inspirational b/c I'm trying to get where most of you are, but thank you soo much /images/graemlins/kiss.gif.

Now necessity was the mother of invention on this braid bun. I love the sections in my beehive buns, but it's too difficult to re-create in the back of your head. So I figured let the braiding make my sections and thus it was born. The braid bun is so easy that I started to take pics but then I was thinking it was easy enough to just explain. I'm in no way skilled w/styling, but I do what I can. Trust me, everything I do is realitively simple b/c I have a little time to be bothered and even less patience! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I use that same comb that's in the beehive bun how-to. Okay, so it's in the back instead of course. I use the same method of gathering the hair and then using the scrunchie before placing the comb in the hair. In the pics you saw I made a braid w/4 parts instead of 3 and braided it loosely. Loosely is the key. In that one pic when you can see the reflection if you look at my actual hair in foreground you can see the good hair days pins. After you braid LOOSELY, you just tuck the rest of your braid under the bun. Take about 5-6 good hair days hair pins and gently pull the parameters of the braid (closest to the comb) out and over the comb, then secure w/pin. That's it. That's why it's key that the braid is done loosely. Now if you want an assist or test, take your braid after it's tucked under and place your right palm over the braid and push it up. Once you pin, this is where it will sit on your head. You can take the "slack" from this position and beginning pinning from there as well. Does that help or do I need to take pics /images/graemlins/look.gif?

Wow Sengs! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif You look very beautiful in your braids and rollerset/wrap! I also love your updo styles...especially the buns and the twistouts! You've made a lotta progress since March! /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Off-topic: What part of Michigan are you from? I'm going to Flushing, Michigan for Thanksgiving. I'll be there Thursday thru Saturday! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Wow Sengschick,
Your hair is beautiful!!!!! You've got some great growth. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

I just LOVE your updos.
SG

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
Awww, you ladies are so sweet /images/graemlins/Rose.gif. I blushing over here. I certainly don't think of my hair as inspirational b/c I'm trying to get where most of you are, but thank you soo much /images/graemlins/kiss.gif.

Now necessity was the mother of invention on this braid bun. I love the sections in my beehive buns, but it's too difficult to re-create in the back of your head. So I figured let the braiding make my sections and thus it was born. The braid bun is so easy that I started to take pics but then I was thinking it was easy enough to just explain. I'm in no way skilled w/styling, but I do what I can. Trust me, everything I do is realitively simple b/c I have a little time to be bothered and even less patience! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I use that same comb that's in the beehive bun how-to. Okay, so it's in the back instead of course. I use the same method of gathering the hair and then using the scrunchie before placing the comb in the hair. In the pics you saw I made a braid w/4 parts instead of 3 and braided it loosely. Loosely is the key. In that one pic when you can see the reflection if you look at my actual hair in foreground you can see the good hair days pins. After you braid LOOSELY, you just tuck the rest of your braid under the bun. Take about 5-6 good hair days hair pins and gently pull the parameters of the braid (closest to the comb) out and over the comb, then secure w/pin. That's it. That's why it's key that the braid is done loosely. Now if you want an assist or test, take your braid after it's tucked under and place your right palm over the braid and push it up. Once you pin, this is where it will sit on your head. You can take the "slack" from this position and beginning pinning from there as well. Does that help or do I need to take pics /images/graemlins/look.gif?

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, u know i love you and i'm sure this has helped a lot of ppl but i am NOT one of them... i need a visual aid /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Pretty please, with sugar and chocolate on top?

Thanks Pooh, SG, MsP, EE and BS. /images/graemlins/Rose.gif

@Pooh: Detroit area, at present I'm in Ann Arbor. What's Flushing near?

@SG: I'm rockin' your pincurl set right now /images/graemlins/smile.gif

@CH: /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif You are hilarious! You gotta it, I totally understand I'm same way. Now the question is when /images/graemlins/look.gif???

Girl, you are just the cutest. You look like Lela Rochon by your pics.

OK, I'm with CH on the braided bun. You need to market some videos for the instructions for your updo's. THEY FIYAH!!

@ sengs - whenever you can girl, no rush, BUT i will say i would LOVE to rock that style at my mom's house on thanksgiving **hint hint** /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Love your how tos. Please, how did you do the braided bun? I have to try it but like CH I need a visual. I can sort of picture it going by what you wrote but... /images/graemlins/look.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Anywho, looking good /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks lovechic /images/graemlins/wave.gif.
@Kombov: You are too sweet. Now if I had Lela Rochon's body and hair for that matter I'd be tight!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif
@CH: /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Okay, you must not know, I'm down w/the low tech crew. Throw away cams and prints on disc /images/graemlins/look.gif. Maybe the Mister will grow tired of my raggedy process and buy me a digit for x-mas. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
@Pooh: Detroit area, at present I'm in Ann Arbor. What's Flushing near?

[/ QUOTE ]

Flushing is near Flint! /images/graemlins/wink.gif I have twin cousins that go to University of Michigan-Ann Arbor! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back