Salons R Us giving a discount on Hair Steamer...

I steam 1-2x per week.

I pre-oiled with Amla Oil this weekend, steamed in some Neem powder in mixed with Aloe Vera juice, molasses and water and my hair came out fabulous :love:

Exactly. My son came thru and put mine together. Since I watched him from my perch in the bed while sipping on a cup of coffee :grin:, I don't know exactly what he was doing but he was :lachen::rolleyes: at the instructions that came in the box.

Sounds like the instructions below are what he did, but he also said that my "hairboard ladies" should watch that metal plate so you won't cut your hands off. lol! He also noted that if you put the metal plate on the bolt, then put it on and screw it down, it won't take as much force to get it to pop in place.

I'll fire it up this afternoon and see if I can get some moisture back into my hair. Since I started going more frequently to the salon, my hair is not the same.

THANK YOU!!! I was about to get fired up!!! lol:lachen:

EXOTICMOMMIE can you please get SalonsRUs to hook up the UK sista's too or at least do one bulk consignment to the UK. They keep refusing to ship.

US EU/UK ladies want nice hair too....... :sad:

EXOTICMOMMIE can you please get SalonsRUs to hook up the UK sista's too or at least do one bulk consignment to the UK. They keep refusing to ship.

US EU/UK ladies want nice hair too....... :sad:

I'll email them and ask them why not. I don't see what the problem would be?

Last edited:
that's where you pour the water, untwist it and it leads to the water resevoir(sp)

thank u! I had just been unscrewing the resevoir to fill it up when i ran out of water. using pot holders bc it was so hot:lachen:

man, they really need some instructions w/ this thing

thank u! I had just been unscrewing the resevoir to fill it up when i ran out of water. using pot holders bc it was so hot:lachen:

The way I have been heating up the water is by unscrewing the resevoir then filling with cool water so it can heat up so I don't have to funnel water in thru the tiny grey piece. If you fill it up to the max line this way you shouldn't run out of water.

My hair seems shorter since I started steaming, it was longer and after the steam it was shorter, I figured it was like hair swell or something.

My hair seems shorter since I started steaming, it was longer and after the steam it was shorter, I figured it was like hair swell or something.

That is your Cuticle being lifted/raised. Hopefully, you let your hair sit awhile to cool down a bit before you rinse and proceed with the remainder of your Regi.:yep:

Good Observation JJ!:grin:

Which is primarily the main reason, I use Porosity Control for my Final Rinse (after every DC treatment with Heat) to lock that moisture in. To restrict and close the cuticle.

That is your Cuticle being lifted/raised. Hopefully, you let your hair sit awhile to cool down a bit before you rinse and proceed with the remainder of your Regi.:yep:

Good Observation JJ!:grin:

Which is primarily the main reason, I use Porosity Control for my Final Rinse (after every DC treatment with Heat) to lock that moisture in. To restrict and close the cuticle.

Thanks IDare :D

I forgot to use my PC last time will use it this time with my wash even though I won't be steaming this weekend. My hair feels ultra moist. :lick:

ME TOO!!!:lachen: My oh my... dont know how I went this long without u helpful LHCF ladies :violin:

I have been having so many issues with my hair since I moved overseas. :nono: I decided to go to extremes to combat my setbacks and hold on to my progress. I bought a water filter/softener last month and just now I bought a steamer! I read ExoticMommies' blog (thanks!!!) and used her discount to get the Pro 150 black ultra-light. So if I am not Rapunzel by the time I come back to the states something is really wrong!! :lachen:

my steamer arrived!

I need help: If I put the wheels on first, the stabilizing plate doesnt fit. If I put the plate on first, the wheels dont fit!

ETA: I added a pic of where Im at with it right now. Does it look right?

Attachments

• steamer.jpg
    steamer.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Washnset I can't help you. We must have diff models. I called my son and read him what you said and he said on my steamer the wheels and stabilizer plates are independent of each other. Hopefully, somebody will come in and help you out. I want you to get it going because you are going to like it.

I'm putting some amla oil in overnight and will do a kpac protein and then a joico moisturing dc tomorrow with the steamer, tomorrow. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Good luck.

I am sick coughing and all but must wash my hair. Just washed and am now steaming with jason biotin, coconut oil, evoo and wheat germ oil. I did it for 30 min and all the conditioner is gone it's saturated in my hair. I just slopped some more on no oils and got back under for 30 more min.

I love my steamer through sickness and health... LOL

my steamer arrived!

I need help: If I put the wheels on first, the stabilizing plate doesnt fit. If I put the plate on first, the wheels dont fit!

ETA: I added a pic of where Im at with it right now. Does it look right?

My boo said you have take the bolt off the bottom of the pole off and then insert it into the base.

So basically the bolt should be poking thru the hole and secures everything.

Last edited:
when I tried to put it back together myself, I took the bolt out, but I couldnt get it back in! in took me so many times and I ended up giving up. my SO did it and got it on the first try.

I used my steamer...no...steamah today and I LOVE it!!!!

My boo said you have take the bolt off the bottom of the pole off and then insert it into the base.

So basically the bolt should be poking thru the hole and secures everything.

Last edited:
My steamer came today!:grin: I was so excited, it only took me 2 minutes to put that sucker together. I will report back once I use it.

Guess what? I was just about to use my steamer tonite and just as I turned it on I get nothing no light , no steam, no nothing:wallbash: I am so freaking pissed right now. I wanted to use it sooooo bad Yall:sad: I called the number on the papers that came in the box and mark said that he would send me another one out right away but it will be five buisness days before I receive my new one. :nono: ITS MY STEAMER AND I NEED IT NOW!:cry:

Guess what? I was just about to use my steamer tonite and just as I turned it on I get nothing no light , no steam, no nothing:wallbash: I am so freaking pissed right now. I wanted to use it sooooo bad Yall:sad: I called the number on the papers that came in the box and mark said that he would send me another one out right away but it will be five buisness days before I receive my new one. :nono: ITS MY STEAMER AND I NEED IT NOW!:cry:

Aw, that SUCKS :sad: ....at least they said they will send you another one.

*Those of you that Purchased the Black Ultra Lightweight One, Keep Us Posted on How it Works.......thanks

It is working fine so far...it does get awfully hot under there...

I wear sweat headband and a very thin turban I bought when I was doing the homemade steam treatments...so you already know I am lookin' some kind of soulful sitting under that steamer :lachen:

stupid question but you put water in it up to the MAX line right? If so unplug it and plug it back in. Try setting the temp and see if the red light comes on

Back