Salons R Us giving a discount on Hair Steamer...

I got my steamer with no real problems. But their customer service rep caused some unnecessary drama. He emailed me two weeks after I placed my order to tell me they couldn't ship my order. So I called and emailed twice, with no response from him. iI emailed again and he asked me for an alternate address. So I gave him one. He never responded to that email. I emailed again, no response. But then my steamer arrived to the original address I gave them. So all his drama was unnecessary and unprofessional (since he failed to respond to several emails)

Ladies! I just ordered mine. I spoke with Mark, and he gave me these tidbits of info/advice about the difference between the two steamers.

He thinks the ultra light is the better steamer for two reasons. First, the water comes from underneath, so you can clean the steamer mechanism with ease. The other one has the steamer mechanism INSIDE, so you must take it apart to clean it. After a while the steamer will stop steaming because it will need to be cleaned.

Secondly, the ultra-light steamer is 750 watts of power. Even though the other has two settings, the highest is only 650 watts of power. Mark said he'd never known anyone to steam their hair on low, so, he thinks the ultra-light is a better deal.

He says he has 500 in stock, and he's sold 4 today over the phone...mine made 5.

I went to their website and looked up the differences.

Ultra light
CE Certified
This machine uses regular Tap Water! No more fussing with running to the grocery story to purchase pricey distilled water.
Easy to use On/Off Design with a 30 Minute Auto-Shutoff timer
Professional Strength 620w for maximum steam output
Jumbo plastic hood with silent operation (11" diameter bonnet opening)
30 minute auto-shutoff silent timer with no annoying ticking sounds
Convenient Adjustable height and swivel casters

Pro
CE Certified
2 temperature settings: 310w or 620w - very easy to operate
Jumbo plastic hood with silent operation
60 minute auto-shutoff silent timer with no annoying ticking sounds
Convenient Adjustable height and swivel casters

According to the description on the site they both have the same wattage the only diferences I see are the containers, tap vs distilled water, and 30 min timer vs a 60 min timer.

If the ultra light is the better machine why is it cheaper? For the ladies who already have steamers which would you recommend or does it matter, thanks.

Hello all,
I just wanted to share about a $10 discount from Salon R US (now www.LCLBeauty.com), on their hair steamer. I did a post about their steamer on my blog a while back. Well apparently they loved it and wanted to extend a discount to my readers.

Click here to read more.

If this post is inappropriate or in the wrong place, please let me know.

Thanks.

EXP Indefinitely

Please become a follower of the blog if you like it. :)

How to clean:
At least once a month use quart cup of vinegar, fill rest with water and let it run. then fill it with reg water and let it run to get vinegar smell out.

Hello Exotic Mommy,

Thanks so much for your insight on this steamer in detail. I purchased the "Ultra Light Pro Grade Tap Water Hair Steamer." $119.77 along with your discount code and free shipping and handling. Grand Total. $109.77. I've heard about the steamer, but really ignored the thread. On Saturday, I've noticed a woman with a lively pony tail. She stated she stretch her relaxer for 12 to 16 weeks. Her hair length is at least bsl. That sold me and thanks to You, I'll write my reviews. Thanks.

India

I went to their website and looked up the differences.
According to the description on the site they both have the same wattage the only diferences I see are the containers, tap vs distilled water, and 30 min timer vs a 60 min timer.

If the ultra light is the better machine why is it cheaper? For the ladies who already have steamers which would you recommend or does it matter, thanks.

I have the Ultra Light. The website is incorrect. The machine itself is labeled 750 WATTS. Its:
1) Easy to assemble
2) Easy to use
3) Mess free
4) Easy to clean

Don't get wound up over the price difference. Its a whole $20.

I used the steamer last night after coloring my hair, I slathered it up with the conditioner that came with the color and some protein filler.

I was enjoying the experience 'til my scalp felt like it was on fire :yep:

I had to put a folded up little towel on the top of my head to finish, whew!!

It's still a little sore today that's all I need to burn my follicles out.

Be careful ladies.

I used the steamer last night after coloring my hair, I slathered it up with the conditioner that came with the color and some protein filler.

I was enjoying the experience 'til my scalp felt like it was on fire :yep:

I had to put a folded up little towel on the top of my head to finish, whew!!

It's still a little sore today that's all I need to burn my follicles out.

Be careful ladies.

Does your cap tilt up? Or case you adjust the height of your steamer? Increase the distance between your scalp and the steam and that should do the trick.

I have the Pro 150 from Salons R Us. I've had it about 2 months and used it maybe 6 times. I used it 1-2 times a week at 1st but not at all for the past few weeks - too busy!!

I tried to use it today but it isn't working :(

The light comes on but it doesn't get hot at all :nono:

I cleaned the water tank, tried it with both distilled and tap water but nada.

Any ideas?????

I called their customer service but they are closed for the weekend.

I'll call back on Monday to see what they can do

Last edited:
^^ Oh, no!! Sorry that this is happening after only 2 months. Have you tried running it with vinegar in the water to try and clean the unit?

ETA: 1/4 cup vinegar and fill the rest of the tank with water, let unit run. Hopefully, this works for you.

Last edited:
^^ Oh, no!! Sorry that this is happening after only 2 months. Have you tried running it with vinegar in the water to try and clean the unit?

ETA: 1/4 cup vinegar and fill the rest of the tank with water, let unit run. Hopefully, this works for you.

I haven't tried the vinegar - I'll give it a shot.

Thanks!!

ETA - Tried the vinegar but nada - it just won't heat up :nono:

Last edited:
Hello Ladies,

I am new to posting however long time member. I went to use my steamer for the first time today and its leaking!:nono: There is a small piece with a hole on the hood of the steamer and water is leaking from there. I have the bottle that I'm guessing the water should drain into however there is a great distance between the hole and the water bottle. The water that is leaking from there is coming from the actual steam not water it self. Another question I have is what is the gray knob for on top of the water reservoir. And should the holes be open or closed on the hood. Please help me. Let me know if any of you ladies have experienced this.

Hello Ladies,

I am new to posting however long time member. I went to use my steamer for the first time today and its leaking!:nono: There is a small piece with a hole on the hood of the steamer and water is leaking from there. I have the bottle that I'm guessing the water should drain into however there is a great distance between the hole and the water bottle. The water that is leaking from there is coming from the actual steam not water it self. Another question I have is what is the gray knob for on top of the water reservoir. And should the holes be open or closed on the hood. Please help me. Let me know if any of you ladies have experienced this.

I haven't experienced any water leaks. The small bottle is to collect water and there is a clamp to hold it in place.

The gray knob is removable and you can add more water from the top instead of removing and refilling the water tank.

Hope this helps!!

I have the Pro 150 from Salons R Us. I've had it about 2 months and used it maybe 6 times. I used it 1-2 times a week at 1st but not at all for the past few weeks - too busy!!

I tried to use it today but it isn't working :(

The light comes on but it doesn't get hot at all :nono:

I cleaned the water tank, tried it with both distilled and tap water but nada.

Any ideas?????

I called their customer service but they are closed for the weekend.

I'll call back on Monday to see what they can do

Sounds like your heating element has gone bad. When you call them Monday, let us know the outcome. I have the same model you do.

There should be a rubber hose that comes from that hole and fits into the cup to catch the water. Maybe yours is missing.

Hello Ladies,

This steamer is wack (the pro 150) the second time I went to use it I took the water cup off the bottom and one of the flexible plastic little clear tubes came right off. I didn't have to force it. The unit didn't fall or anything the tube just fell off.

I didn't know where to replace it so I had to turn over the whole unit and I saw that it was cracked under the water assembly it must have been cracked in shipment and I never noticed. I made the mistake of trying to place the tube in one of the little holes and water came all through the hood all over my floor and the water was hot as heck. Good thing I wasn't sitting under there I was just testing it. I would have been badly scalded.

So I tried it without having the little plastic tube on there and thankfully it worked.

I have used the steamer about 5 times since I got it and I love the results . I have lost less than a thumbful of hair since I started using the steamer. I figure I have gotten my money's worth (comparing to going to a salon for a steam treatment) but next time I will look for a better model and a different supplier.

Last edited:
Sounds like your heating element has gone bad. When you call them Monday, let us know the outcome. I have the same model you do.

The heating element is definitely D E A D. Unacceptable to me after less than 2 months and only a few uses :nono:.

The more I think about it, I want my money back rather than a replacement. I don't want to go through this again in a few months. I'll just go back to my 20 something year old heating cap that still works just fine!!

The heating element is definitely D E A D. Unacceptable to me after less than 2 months and only a few uses :nono:.

The more I think about it, I want my money back rather than a replacement. I don't want to go through this again in a few months. I'll just go back to my 20 something year old heating cap that still works just fine!!

I'm sorry this happen to you. I had problems with mine but after I found out with UPS, USPS that it would cost $80 to return which is more than half of the price. The cost it because of the length of the box. I took mine apart and the internal tube came off the valve. So it good for now, I had bend the hood up trying to store it.

I'm sorry this happen to you. I had problems with mine but after I found out with UPS, USPS that it would cost $80 to return which is more than half of the price. The cost it because of the length of the box. I took mine apart and the internal tube came off the valve. So it good for now, I had bend the hood up trying to store it.

I get discounted shipping with UPS so it will hopefully still be worth my while to return it and get a refund - I paid $99 for it.

I spoke to them today and I decided to keep it - they are sending me a replacement head to the steamer and a UPS sticker to return the defective one.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I received my replacement head on Friday and it works perfectly!!

I appreciate their customer service!!

WOW, I haven't (KNOCKS HARD ON WOOD) had any issues with my Pro 150 light. I love it I use it weekly and I use distilled water. I would hate for it to go bad, :(
Sorry for all who had issues and glad to know they sent you a new head Bianca!

WOW, I haven't (KNOCKS HARD ON WOOD) had any issues with my Pro 150 light. I love it I use it weekly and I use distilled water. I would hate for it to go bad, :(
Sorry for all who had issues and glad to know they sent you a new head Bianca!

I've only used distilled water in mine as well. Hopefully this new one will hold up longer.

Back