Salons R Us giving a discount on Hair Steamer...

i haven't read this entire thread, i assume its probably mentioned how to put it together somewhere, but I will tell u what I did.

I got mine yesterday, the black tap water one, I think we are talking about the same one.

The fat pole goes at the base. I took a wrench (ok, i'm not super handy, so i don't know if thats the right name for it), and unscrewed the metal circular part off the fat pole, removing both the long screw and the plate.

next, i stuck the fat pole down into the base. then I reattached the metal circular part and screw to the bottom of the base. if you turn the metal circular part the right way, it should click into place with slight force.

Yeah, that's exactly it. Make sure to put the legs in before re-attaching the metal to the base. It was very confusing.

Ok, so I wanted to stop by here and comment on what I thought about the steamer after the first steam... I have very coarse kinky, relaxed 4c hair. I have been playing in my bangs all day (event after two days since steaming), my new growth feels so soft, and it does seem "different" than the softness that I have been getting from just my moisturizers and deep con's since I have started my journey. Also, my coils are looser, they really are! It is as if the moisture has allowed them to "hang" and loosen up, if you will, thus its kinda showing me what my natural hair would really be like with the right balance of moisture. Because my hair always been dry, that didn't mean that it couldn't be more moist, and retain moisture!! I honestly thought in the past that my hair would just always be kinda dry, but now I see that I can have softer, more hydrated hair! So this has me REALLY contemplating transitioning. At the least I want to stretch until the end of May, that would be 16 weeks for me...

That said, steam treatments will be in my life forever. I will say again though that I wasn't crazy about the build of the ultra lightweight steamer, BUT, if you want a floor standing steamer at what I feel, is an affordable price, get the $109 (with the discount) from salonsrus. I kinda wish I had waited til next month for the other model to come back in stock, it seemed to be built better than the ultralight model, from what I could see on YT tutorials. But, didn't someone say that model was being discontinued?

Thanks again exoticmommie, I am truly a steamer for life!

-just my 2cents.

Did a steam treatment prepoo with Baba De Caracol Hair Loss Treatment......I really like how this steaming makes my hair feel

Side Note...I would not recommend steaming your hair in tha' nude... :nono:(I know TMI)....Man - one little drip of that hot steaming water will make one pop up like toast:burning: (d*** near knocked my steamer over) to get some clothes on....

Just thought I would share

Not hot enough? Wow....I had to vent mine and get from under it was so hot. I did find my nape area did not get as hot as my crown{ouch!!!} so I turned my head to the side which helped.
LMAO! I put a bandana around my around my forehead(Thanks Charzboss) and a towel around my neck which helped a lil' bit.

Okay, I tried Yes to Carrots again on my hair. I clarify'd first, gave myself a nexxus treatment , and a 30m yes to carrots under the steamer. It came out light and bouncy and NOT dull! I think the Yes to Carrots and Hair one together are a NONO they are too conditioning.

Did a steam treatment prepoo with Baba De Caracol Hair Loss Treatment......I really like how this steaming makes my hair feel

Side Note...I would not recommend steaming your hair in tha' nude... :nono:(I know TMI)....Man - one little drip of that hot steaming water will make one pop up like toast:burning: (d*** near knocked my steamer over) to get some clothes on....

you're not the only one who got a rude awakening steaming in the buff

Exactly. My son came thru and put mine together. Since I watched him from my perch in the bed while sipping on a cup of coffee :grin:, I don't know exactly what he was doing but he was :lachen::rolleyes: at the instructions that came in the box.

Sounds like the instructions below are what he did, but he also said that my "hairboard ladies" should watch that metal plate so you won't cut your hands off. lol! He also noted that if you put the metal plate on the bolt, then put it on and screw it down, it won't take as much force to get it to pop in place.

I'll fire it up this afternoon and see if I can get some moisture back into my hair. Since I started going more frequently to the salon, my hair is not the same.

i haven't read this entire thread, i assume its probably mentioned how to put it together somewhere, but I will tell u what I did.

I got mine yesterday, the black tap water one, I think we are talking about the same one.

The fat pole goes at the base. I took a wrench (ok, i'm not super handy, so i don't know if thats the right name for it), and unscrewed the metal circular part off the fat pole, removing both the long screw and the plate.

next, i stuck the fat pole down into the base. then I reattached the metal circular part and screw to the bottom of the base. if you turn the metal circular part the right way, it should click into place with slight force.

thank you for this! I usually wear a camisole when I'm doing my hair. I think I'll have time to do my first steam treatment tonight. My scalp is excited.

you're not the only one who got a rude awakening steaming in the buff

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Y'all got me over here crying. :lol:

I just placed my order for the Ultra Light one, $109.77 total. I've been in the market for a hair steamer for a long time!! It will arrive just in time for my 30th birthday!!

Thanks ExoticMommie!!!

Congratulations ladies who just ordered your steamer enjoy it enjoy it.

You might want to Clarify to let your Moisture Conditioner get deep in there and get the raw feel of it! Just a suggestion :)

Steam on ladies steam on!

ROTFLMAO :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I received my steamer and cant figure out how to assemble it!!!! It didnt come with detailed instructions!

If anyone is on line- please HELP!!! I want to use it NOW!!! UGH!!!:wallbash:

Ultra Light Professional Grade Tap Water Hair Steamer in Black

^^^I just purchased this!!!!!!

thanks for the code OP!

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I put a Towel Around My Shoulders to catch any drips and to wipe my face.

ETA: When I thought Mine was "Leaking" the Water Reservoir was actually Cracked.:perplexed

I replaced just the water reservoir for $24.99 and it's been fine.:yep:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I put a Towel Around My Shoulders to catch any drips and to wipe my face.

ETA: When I thought Mine was "Leaking" the Water Reservoir was actually Cracked.:perplexed

I replaced just the water reservoir for $24.99 and it's been fine.:yep:

*Those of you that Purchased the Black Ultra Lightweight One, Keep Us Posted on How it Works.......thanks

How many times a week are you ladies using the steamer? I used it about 3 days ago and I'm about to hop up under it again :( Is 2 times a week too much?

I am going to aim for every other week.

If I can find a spot in the BOY CAVE I will try for once a month in the summer!

I'm steaming for the first time, as we speak (so to speak). Forget about the health of my hair ... THIS FEELS HEAVENLY!!!

I bought one of those terry cloth spa bands from Sally's yesterday and it's protecting my ears/neck/fo'head from the heat.

It gets hot, but it feels great! :yep:

ETA: I had bobby pins holding my hair on top of my head and I had to reposition them because they were getting hot and burning my scalp. Beware!

Last edited:
I'm steaming for the first time, as we speak (so to speak). Forget about the health of my hair ... THIS FEELS HEAVENLY!!!

I bought one of those terry cloth spa bands from Sally's yesterday and it's protecting my ears/neck/fo'head from the heat.

It gets hot, but it feels great! :yep:

ETA: I had bobby pins holding my hair on top of my head and I had to reposition them because they were getting hot and burning my scalp. Beware!

Try using a plastic claw clip to pile your hair on top of your hair instead. This is what my hairdresser does. :yep:

Thanks Stella. I know I have one of those around here somewhere and I'll try it next time.

Y'all, it's the morning after and I am in LOVE! After I rinsed I put in a Fermodyl 619 ampule (2 for 1 at Sally's), then my Vatika oil, sealing my ends with JBCO. I braided it in four plaits, pincurled, tied it up and hit the sack. My hair today feels so nice and lush. I can't wait to see what the longterm results are.

My hair is happy! :grin:

Try using a plastic claw clip to pile your hair on top of your hair instead. This is what my hairdresser does. :yep:

Not hot enough? Wow....I had to vent mine and get from under it was so hot. I did find my nape area did not get as hot as my crown{ouch!!!} so I turned my head to the side which helped.

maybe something is wrong with mine? it really doesn't feel that hot to me at all. like i said the ones at the salon seem much hotter.

Or maybe I have a different threshold for heat than most people. I do take really hot showers.

does anyone know what that grey nob at the top is for on the ultra light (black tapwater ) one?

Back