Salons R Us giving a discount on Hair Steamer...

Is the head of the steamer suppose to be sitting on the pole?

I put it together, but I have a feeling I did something wrong. One of my wheels came broken, but I can't be bothered. This thing is cheeeaap. I have two deep cuts down my wrist, I don't even know how they happened :sad:

Once used, i'll post my review.

You have the light weight black steamer? The metal bottom end probably caught you.

Ok, so I came across this thread yesterday just being curious and I ended up making yet another large purchase without thinking. Ugh... My SO looked at me like "Really, you just bought a new flat iron. I don't get it."

Oh well, I am so excited for it to arrive. Thanks for the discount code!

I ordered the light weight one for my sister on Feb 5th. It was on back-order so she got it on the 24th. The guy said to use distilled water so I'm confused. I see that they did update the site to say you can use tap water though. :perplexed

He also said that the other version use to leak sometimes. They are supposedly redesigning the original model so that the water tank is no longer upside down. The new ones in April should have an upright water tank like the light weight model. I tried to wait until then, but April 15th was just too far away from Feb. 5th. :look: My sister lives on campus so its more convenient for her to have her own. Plus, she kept hogging mine every weekend.

I used my PRO-150 (black lightweight one) for the 2nd time yesterday.

My only issue is that it only runs on high and as such, it runs for 20 minutes before all of the water is used up and it shuts itself off.

I actually filled the water tank just above the "max" line yesterday. Same thing happened as it did the 1st time - it runs really hot for 20 min and then you get the low water alarm beep and it shuts down.

I started to remove the tank and add more water to steam longer but it was really hot to the touch :(

I would prefer to have a low setting so that I could steam for a longer period of time rather than just really hot for 15-20 minutes.

I may get an extra pair of oven mits to I can add more water to the tank to go longer.

I've been using distilled water since the water here is extremely hard.

I still like it though and love how my hair feels afterwards :)

I used my PRO-150 (black lightweight one) for the 2nd time yesterday.

My only issue is that it only runs on high and as such, it runs for 20 minutes before all of the water is used up and it shuts itself off.

I actually filled the water tank just above the "max" line yesterday. Same thing happened as it did the 1st time - it runs really hot for 20 min and then you get the low water alarm beep and it shuts down.

I started to remove the tank and add more water to steam longer but it was really hot to the touch :(

I would prefer to have a low setting so that I could steam for a longer period of time rather than just really hot for 15-20 minutes.

I may get an extra pair of oven mits to I can add more water to the tank to go longer.

I've been using distilled water since the water here is extremely hard.

I still like it though and love how my hair feels afterwards :)

NONONO (you'll burn yourself), take the grey plug from the top of it out and add water. I did it several times while my husband was under the steamer, I only remove the bottom when emptying the water. THE PLUG - pull it out and add water then put it back. :D

The grey plug is located on the top of the unit in the concave of the top!

NONONO (you'll burn yourself), take the grey plug from the top of it out and add water. I did it several times while my husband was under the steamer, I only remove the bottom when emptying the water. THE PLUG - pull it out and add water then put it back. :D

The grey plug is located on the top of the unit in the concave of the top!

Thanks so much - I feel pretty silly now :lachen::lachen:

Thanks so much - I feel pretty silly now :lachen::lachen:

YOU I only found out because I was trying to adjust my steam flow to actuall go, LOL!!!! I said hmmm, maybe if I lift it it will allow steam to come out, because twisting it wasn't working! (I thought it wasn't working because of the time it took to get the initial steam out) :lachen::lachen::lachen:

AND I Had no clue where the water bottle went, I thought they wanted me to have a drink while under my steamer. LOL! (I AM BLONDE!) I knew my son got his hair from somewhere! :P

I tried out my steamer this morning - only did it for 15 minutes but my hair feels so lush!!! I used the Silicon Mix Bambu' - this was my first time using this conditioner but I loved the way my hair felt and then when I went out this wet weather - no frizz -

I can't wait to try it with my other condishes...I plan on putting the AO GPB on DD's hair and putting her under it...I love the way that AO GPB works in her hair and I can't wait see to see her results....

SIDENOTE - My DH helped me put it together...those folks know they were wrong for those bootleg instructions (assemble like the picture - lol) that bottom part of the steamer threw me off - they could have mentioned that it needed to be unscrewed, attached to the stand and then screwed back in...

I love it so far...

I prepooed with VO5 conditioner mixed with peppermint essential oil, then I washed my sons hair with Thermasilk Moisture Shampoo after shampooing it with Paul Mitchel Shampoo Tea Tree, He is now under the steamer with Yes To Carrots, so he can get some moisture. I am SOOOOO excited to see how his hair comes out, He is UBBEr tender headed, he has 4a/3c texture hair and is SOOOO tenderheaded. HUH, he gets that sore head from his momma, but he has so much hair, I'd die for his hair, so much of it on his head! will report back the results, :D oh, I am twisting his hair when I am done, I do his twist every 2-3 weeks

Just got finished his hair (and the Twist were super I may add), his hair came out very soft, it was so nice and yes it was very detangled. No ouches, his hair was very moist, I had to rewet a few times and it was definitely like I was spraying conditioner in it. Impressed and HE said mom I like it. So I told him everytime I do it, we will be using the steamer, he goes I have to use the steamer and the dryer. I am like the price of being beautiful darling. LOL!

Just got finished his hair (and the Twist were super I may add), his hair came out very soft, it was so nice and yes it was very detangled. No ouches, his hair was very moist, I had to rewet a few times and it was definitely like I was spraying conditioner in it. Impressed and HE said mom I like it. So I told him everytime I do it, we will be using the steamer, he goes I have to use the steamer and the dryer. I am like the price of being beautiful darling. LOL!

Hey JJ... This is great....what did u use to keep the steam/water from running down his face...

Hey JJ... This is great....what did u use to keep the steam/water from running down his face...

The Dollar Tree sells the Terry Cloth (I think it is microfiber type) Head Bands for $1 I bought a few and have to go back and get more (for others who might want to steam, use my embroidery machine to put names on it :D

Ok ladies, I got my steamer this morning, and since I am off today, I had a minute to tinker with it and put it together... I have to say that my initial reaction out of the box is a little mixed... it is pretty cheap:perplexed But, I just pray that I can get at least a good year's worth of use out of it so that I feel I would have gotten my money's worth.

I miss good ol' U.S. of A manufacturing... we can say what we wanna say about this country, but for those of us who are old enough to know the difference, the crap coming over here from china does not even begin to compare to the way products were made in this country, the quality used to be OUTSTANDING, and we really didn't know how good it was, until now! Rant Over.

Anyway, I think I will do a hot oil treatment with it tonight or definitely tomorrow... I will post more thoughts then...

My new steamer got shipped out yesterday. My old steamer has the leaking problem as well. I could have sent it back in but he(Mark) told me that the 30 I would pay in shipping is just too much for the problem to be potentially not fixed. Plus I have had it for a year so I had a good run with it. I am keeping it and I will have my dh take it apart one of these days to see if he can fix it.

I don't plan on covering my head... I seemed to read mixed reviews about this in previous threads. Personally I want the steam to really penetrate and infuse my hair, so I will go without a plastic cap...

...I think I will go ahead and do a oil treatment tonight. I normally do a molasses/honey treatment mid-week which is messy enough with a plastic cap (but I love how soft my new growth is when I do this), so I guess I won't try that with the steamer, I will just do cream or oil treatments...

I can't tell from your pic, but what I did was put the feet on the bottome then I unscrewed the metal piece from the pole and put it at the bottom of the feet pole; then put the pole on top; place screw in from bottom in metal while holding top still. It sandwiches the foot stand!

I wish they had directions, the blonde that I am I had to use my head. :( and I wasn't sure until I tightened everything. But it seems just right!

The ladies of LHCF rock :grin:. Thanks to JJamiah it took 10 minutes to assemble. 5 minutes of that was spent finding the right wrench. Sooooo looking forward to steam mmy and DD's hair tonight.:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

My steamer came. I didn't appreciate Fed Ex leaving it in front of my door all day when they could have taken it to my apartment complex's office. Sigh. At least no one stole it. Thankfully, I signed up for email alerts so I came home early.

My bf is putting it together right now, but I probably won't have time to use it for a while.

I got mine in the mail today...as much as I want to open it. I havent :( I need to find somewhere to store it UGH

I got my steamer on Tuesday. It's been sitting in the box since then.

I have to find a spot to put it.

Can't wait.

I got mine in the mail today...as much as I want to open it. I havent :( I need to find somewhere to store it UGH

Yeah, it's pretty huge :ohwell:. I'm storing mine in my wash room, alongside my hood dryer.

We put it together and I turned it on last night and that steam seemed to be working pretty well. It'll be a few days before I do my hair again to really test it. That little container with the water gets really hot, like boiling hot. I'll have to make sure I warn my son to stay away from it.

I got the tap water steamer in from salons r us. i didn't see this thread before I bought it, so I didn't get the discount:sad:

I was appalled by the lack of instructions. But I figured it out and turned it on. it seemed like it was working pretty well. didn't seem as hot as the ones at the salon though. I am washing my hair this evening and will be testing it out. along with my new FHI blow dryer and Hana Elite flat iron.

Ok I took it out the box but how the h*** do I put this thing together. I have the base down with the whell connected then I have 2 poles a fat one with a metal thing on top of it. Then I have a smaller one. Which pole goes into the base?

Ok I took it out the box but how the h*** do I put this thing together. I have the base down with the whell connected then I have 2 poles a fat one with a metal thing on top of it. Then I have a smaller one. Which pole goes into the base?

bumping so someone can help.

My DH put mine together.

I also think someone explained it in earlier post.

lemme go back in this thread and look b/c it is just sitting here looking lonely on the floor lol and I'm ready to power this sucker up

lemme go back in this thread and look b/c it is just sitting here looking lonely on the floor lol and I'm ready to power this sucker up

i haven't read this entire thread, i assume its probably mentioned how to put it together somewhere, but I will tell u what I did.

I got mine yesterday, the black tap water one, I think we are talking about the same one.

The fat pole goes at the base. I took a wrench (ok, i'm not super handy, so i don't know if thats the right name for it), and unscrewed the metal circular part off the fat pole, removing both the long screw and the plate.

next, i stuck the fat pole down into the base. then I reattached the metal circular part and screw to the bottom of the base. if you turn the metal circular part the right way, it should click into place with slight force.

I got the tap water steamer in from salons r us. i didn't see this thread before I bought it, so I didn't get the discount:sad:

I was appalled by the lack of instructions. But I figured it out and turned it on. it seemed like it was working pretty well. didn't seem as hot as the ones at the salon though. I am washing my hair this evening and will be testing it out. along with my new FHI blow dryer and Hana Elite flat iron.

Not hot enough? Wow....I had to vent mine and get from under it was so hot. I did find my nape area did not get as hot as my crown{ouch!!!} so I turned my head to the side which helped.

i haven't read this entire thread, i assume its probably mentioned how to put it together somewhere, but I will tell u what I did.

I got mine yesterday, the black tap water one, I think we are talking about the same one.

The fat pole goes at the base. I took a wrench (ok, i'm not super handy, so i don't know if thats the right name for it), and unscrewed the metal circular part off the fat pole, removing both the long screw and the plate.

next, i stuck the fat pole down into the base. then I reattached the metal circular part and screw to the bottom of the base. if you turn the metal circular part the right way, it should click into place with slight force.

GIRLLLL I don't know you but I loveeeeeeeeeeeee you :grin:. Woot Woot. I swear this thing needs better directions but in about an hour I'm going to be in hair heavennnnnnnnnn :rolleyes: Now only if mi son would siddown and watch tv so I can use it lol

Back