Salons R Us giving a discount on Hair Steamer...

How do they ship it? Does that thing fold down or something? I have NO room in my place for something that big!

It came shipped by FedEx in a big box. Not to huge though. Once assembled it is stored in a standing position. It does take up space but not too much. I just store mine in a little corner in my room.

HTH

I bought mine here $114 no shipping (used AMEX only b/c of all the problems ladies have had....they have my back) <-- dissatisfied? reverso chargo!

salon r us & this^ one both are on ebay
salon r us has several different names on ebay for their company

Last edited:
OK, I finally broke down and purchased one of these steamers today (thank you exoticmommie for providing the discount). I ordered the PRO-150 Ultra Light in black and I'm hoping that it proves to be an asset; the final price came to $89.77.

Ladies I finally broke down and ordered my steamer currently sitting under there now :) For $89.77 I could not let that deal pass me by. One thing I must say the front of me head is on FIRE!!!!

For you ladies that steam, how often do you steam your hair?

Ladies I finally broke down and ordered my steamer currently sitting under there now :) For $89.77 I could not let that deal pass me by. One thing I must say the front of me head is on FIRE!!!!

For you ladies that steam, how often do you steam your hair?
I wash my hair 2X a week and steam each time I DC. I also "steam" my henna treatment in addition to my "caramel" treatment. It used to take me at least to separate times of DCing in order to get my hair back moist and soft after either a protein or henna treatment. That is no longer a problem. My hair is very soft and manageable after DCing.

Ladies I finally broke down and ordered my steamer currently sitting under there now :) For $89.77 I could not let that deal pass me by.

This is EXACTLY how I feel. I'm so happy that I checked the site today. Dang I've been wanting one of these for a while and it's practically a steal right now!!!

This thread is right on time!

I went to use my adjustable steamer yesterday and it is dead. Dead dead. I've had it for almost a year so, I'm just going to trash it. What annoys me is that this is the second one. The first one leaked water everywhere and I had to return it and they sent me another and now this one.... :ohwell:

I am a little low on cash, so I was looking for an inexpensive one that I could order. I have a table top one, but I keep that over my SO's house.

I'm going to get this if it's only $90! :grin:

It's so unfortunate they are all so cheaply made and really don't last that long. The heating elements always burn out...

did you check it to see if it needed cleaning? mine went on the brinks too and my warranty just expired 6-13! but i saw chrystals in it (i know, i know, i used tap in it a few times. it is the pro-1037a) but hubby took it apart and you have seen the blockage! he cleaned it out and put it back together and it's like new again! so just a thought if you've ever "not followed the rules" like me, it could need a deep cleaning. hope this can help you. a shame that you have to purchase a new one after only one year. also check the fuse if it absolutely won't come on. it may not be the heating element, could just need a fuse. good luck!

did you check it to see if it needed cleaning? mine went on the brinks too and my warranty just expired 6-13! but i saw chrystals in it (i know, i know, i used tap in it a few times. it is the pro-1037a) but hubby took it apart and you have seen the blockage! he cleaned it out and put it back together and it's like new again! so just a thought if you've ever "not followed the rules" like me, it could need a deep cleaning. hope this can help you. a shame that you have to purchase a new one after only one year. also check the fuse if it absolutely won't come on. it may not be the heating element, could just need a fuse. good luck!

I can't see anything! The timer works but there's no steam. I used to hear the water heating up, but now, nothing. Nada. :ohwell:

I can't see anything! The timer works but there's no steam. I used to hear the water heating up, but now, nothing. Nada. :ohwell:

That's the same thing mine would do. He took all the little screws a loose to get to the heating element and I had gunk like crystals and black stuff all in there. He gave it a good clean, put it back together and voila! Like new again. Mine would still come on, but no-go then it would go completely off. There was gunk in the bowl in the heater and all up in through. Maybe have your So check it for you. Doesn't hurt. I'm down for trying to save a buck, lol! HTH:rolleyes:

That's the same thing mine would do. He took all the little screws a loose to get to the heating element and I had gunk like crystals and black stuff all in there. He gave it a good clean, put it back together and voila! Like new again. Mine would still come on, but no-go. There was gunk in the bowl in the heater and all up in through. Maybe have your So check it for you. Doesn't hurt. I'm down for trying to save a buck, lol! HTH:rolleyes:

I hear you and yes you are right! :yep: Thanks Hysi! :hug2:
I will get him to check it out the next time he's over here.

Bumpin to say thanks so much for the discount code, it still works...just ordered the PRO-150...can't wait to get it!!

I'm going to order minez in a couple weeks, hope the discount code still works then. I can't wait to reap all the benefits you ladies have been receiving with the steamer!

:grin:Glad I saw this post, I have been planning to purchase mine on the 1st of Feb. but I do hope the discount still applies as well. I will let everyone know if it still does.

I was just about to purchase the Light Steamer until I realized that my b-day is coming up and I have an SO :look:. I'm gonna have him buy it for me for my birthday, which isn't until mid-Feb, but who says I can't get an early present? :grin:

I see they don't have anymore of the wheel-based dryers (the one similar to the Pibbs).

My steamer is crap it's sitting in pieces, I had a lot of problems with it. What a waste of money. I could have brought loads of conditioner. I don't know the model number but it was the black one with the screw off water dispenser.

My steamer is crap it's sitting in pieces, I had a lot of problems with it. What a waste of money. I could have brought loads of conditioner. I don't know the model number but it was the black one with the screw off water dispenser.

Whoa, did you get it from Salon R US?

Yes I sure did. Last spring sometime. It's the all black one if that helps any. It only works in some outlets one time it stopped working completely an a another member here told me what to do and it started back working. Then the little screws fell apart so I have to kinda tape the lid down and the last straw the legs fell apart.

MY STEAMER IS BROKEN!!! I feel robbed. I had it since spring of 09. I don't think that's long enough considering I didn't use it while in weaves which was like for a year! I AM PISSED!!

My steamer started falling apart about 6 months after my purchase. I was using it 1-2x a week. I did not contact the company about repair. I just threw it out. *shrugs* I got a lot of use out of it while it lasted. I wasn't very careful about taking care of it and I used tap water, so it may be partially my fault.

Mine wasn't heating properly from jump. After several attempts to resolve the issue, I finally landed in the hands of someone that was helpful. I sent the unit back, got it serviced and it now works great.

Back