Relaxed Hair Thread

Omg like ok I can stay the course. When I see your avatar that’s what I think is real hair but being fine hair it’s like I have 2 strands.

Girl, when I first started my hair journey, APL was my ultimate hair goal. And I didn't really believe I could have hair that long bc I had NEVER had long hair before. I figured it would take me YEARS to get there.
So I did my length check photo at SL and then cornrowed my hair up to rock wigs.
I had just started working as a foster care social worker so I was rocking wigs HARD that year - just refreshing my cornrows weekly or biweekly bc work was so busy. AND I had finished my Master's degree and wore my hair out for graduation but still didn't do a length check.
The next year I went to do my length check thinking I would be close to APL, and I had passed it!!

That's these two pictures. April the first year and again April the next year - ONE year later!
1729779168059.png 1729779201587.png

I had never had hair this long before!
Part of me was mad that I didn't get to celebrate APL. You see how APL is the only line marked on my homemade shirt? That's bc I never imagined I would ever have hair any longer than that "A." The times when I was redoing my hair, I was pulling my hair down but it didn't feel that long to me. So I think it's normal to feel like your hair isn't as long as the ladies we look at on the YT and the hair boards.

Girl, when I first started my hair journey, APL was my ultimate hair goal. And I didn't really believe I could have hair that long bc I had NEVER had long hair before. I figured it would take me YEARS to get there.
So I did my length check photo at SL and then cornrowed my hair up to rock wigs.
I had just started working as a foster care social worker so I was rocking wigs HARD that year - just refreshing my cornrows weekly or biweekly bc work was so busy. AND I had finished my Master's degree and wore my hair out for graduation but still didn't do a length check.
The next year I went to do my length check thinking I would be close to APL, and I had passed it!!

That's these two pictures. April the first year and again April the next year - ONE year later!
View attachment 499344 View attachment 499346

I had never had hair this long before!
Part of me was mad that I didn't get to celebrate APL. You see how APL is the only line marked on my homemade shirt? That's bc I never imagined I would ever have hair any longer than that "A." The times when I was redoing my hair, I was pulling my hair down but it didn't feel that long to me. So I think it's normal to feel like your hair isn't as long as the ladies we look at on the YT and the hair boards.
You bring such valid points. I think I had this vision of hair esp as a relaxed girl and I think accepting my just may not be full but it can retain. APL would be dreamy just enough hair to not feel bald.

I loved TheTabbi1! I wish she would make more videos. I thought I made this comment, I had to check again lol

LOL!

And me too! I want her to come back! Her HL hair seemed so doable and easier to maintain than, say, prettymetty's bc her hair was sooooo thick!!

I've been thinking that once my hair gets past WL, I'm gonna just start rocking it straightened more often. I'll still texlax but keep it straight by flat ironing once a month. So looking at Tabbi's simple regi is definitely inspiring! :love:

Back