Relaxed Hair Thread

I finally found Mizani relaxer on the ground today.....but I already relaxed my hair 3 days ago with a boxed relaxer. Guess I'll change on the next touchup.

I'm getting so many compliments on my hair, but I have no idea what did it lol. Was it the oil serum I added to my relaxer or the black rinse(extra collagen protein)? I'll just incorporate both on my relaxer day from now on.

Can you really use lye after using no lye and vice versa?

Yes, I've done it so many times on my hair journey. I'm always conflicted lol. With lye the only thing I can't get is the straightness I desire, but I don't have to constantly chelate and moisturize. With no lye I love the consistent straight results, but I have to do so much to combat dryness on my scalp and hair. So now I just use a no lye like once or twice a year, I haven't broken myself from the need to have silky straight hair yet lol

Ladies I'm getting a TU soon but I've noticed that after each relaxer my hair looks really flat and has no bounce. How can I avoid this without or it's to be expected?

Yes, I've done it so many times on my hair journey. I'm always conflicted lol. With lye the only thing I can't get is the straightness I desire, but I don't have to constantly chelate and moisturize. With no lye I love the consistent straight results, but I have to do so much to combat dryness on my scalp and hair. So now I just use a no lye like once or twice a year, I haven't broken myself from the need to have silky straight hair yet lol

I was having that issue with Mizani lye. But when I use the no lye, I neutralize with Mizani chelating/neutralizing shampoo. Since using no lye, I have less shedding and breakage, since my hair is is consistent to receive moisture. I don't have to over moisturize either.

I was worried about the dryness I've heard about no lye relaxers. In terms of chelateing, would it be something I would only have to do after washing/neutralizing out the relaxer and maybe one other time or do you have to do it constantly?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I was worried about the dryness I've heard about no lye relaxers. In terms of chelateing, would it be something I would only have to do after washing/neutralizing out the relaxer and maybe one other time or do you have to do it constantly?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I do it right after relaxing. Since I am back to using a non sulfate shampoo, I will do it once a month.

I am 16 weeks post. Last night I wAshed, clarified, deep conditioned, blow dried on cool & flat ironed. I found two places that needed trimming but I'm sure it's when I ripped some rubberbands out of my hair. I just left them alone u ntil my relaxer.

My NG has been so good to me. I'm so certain it's because I changed from olive oil mango butter to Hawaiian Silky for my NG. I neeeeever had consistent moisture like this!!

I am 16 weeks post. Last night I wAshed, clarified, deep conditioned, blow dried on cool & flat ironed. I found two places that needed trimming but I'm sure it's when I ripped some rubberbands out of my hair. I just left them alone u ntil my relaxer. My NG has been so good to me. I'm so certain it's because I changed from olive oil mango butter to Hawaiian Silky for my NG. I neeeeever had consistent moisture like this!!
How often do you flat iton?

I need somebody to talk me down off the ledge. My summer growth spurt is in full effect and my 6 weeks post hair is feeling like 12 weeks post hair. I never touch up this soon but it's so tempting especially in this DMV heat.

I need somebody to talk me down off the ledge. My summer growth spurt is in full effect and my 6 weeks post hair is feeling like 12 weeks post hair. I never touch up this soon but it's so tempting especially in this DMV heat.

EcoStyler Gel and buns. :lol:

greenandchic I know lol. I usually stretch for 12 weeks plus and I've only relaxed twice this year but I just feel so fly with a fresh touch up!!

I'm 9 weeks post; I usually go for 12 and I have to remember I only have 3 weeks. I'm also still trying to decide if I'm going to switch to no-lye or stick with lye. :spinning:

Sometimes, though we put ourselves in restrictions, I feel that you have to do what's best. If stretching may cause you too much trouble or breakage just relax. In the end, you have to weigh the pros and cons of waiting and relaxing.

I want less texture but not straight. I'm finding out my hair is very resistant, at least to lye so far.

No-Lye won't leave your hair super straight, you can keep some texture with it. My hair straightened better with no-lye while my hair is resistant to the lye. Well resistant in general. It doesn't hurt to try the no lye, just be aware of the upkeep it involves. I first texlaxed with no lye and it wasn't bad. I still had some thickness, but it was straighter too.

Back