Relaxed Hair Thread

For my last wash, I used the sink. I don't flip my hair over though because that's just asking for tangles. I part my hair in two sections, I tilt my head to the side to wash. once I'm done washing each side I clip is up to avoid tangling. I wash it loose for now since I'm about 4 wks post so washing is a breeze. Once I'm further along in my stretch, I section my hair in 4 instead and twist it.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I'll try washing in sections and see if that helps with detangling. Thanks!

I use a leave-in but it's very water based so that it doesn't leave my hair heavy. The more stuff you have on, it will come out soft, but it can lead to more breakage, at least that was my experience. I've never used LTR so I'm sure if you are using a cream leave-in.

Once I detangle with a medium tooth comb I get out the last tangles with a small tooth comb. I only comb with the smaller comb once to smooth it on the roller and that's it.

Hmm....well I suppose I can just use maybe a diluted version by putting in a pump of it in a squirt bottle with some water......thanks! I'll see how it goes next week

I recently got back to roller setting and I don't use a comb to set. I've just been making sure my hair is well detangled during washing. I apply a liquid leave in and serum and just run my fingers up and down the hair until I feel it's smooth enough if that makes any sense and roll my hair. My siggy is from yesterday's roller set. It's working for me for now... But I'm sure when I have more new growth I'll be singing a different tune, hopefully not. Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Are you bone straight or texlaxed? What is your curl pattern like (if texlaxed)?

Are you bone straight or texlaxed? What is your curl pattern like (if texlaxed)?

My hair is not texlaxed, but it's not necessarily bone straight either. I still have some texture in my hair. My hair is pretty resistant though so to get it really straight I have to leave it on for a long time which I hate.

I found a bottle of one of my holy grail products.....but it's $44. That's more than my deep conditioner. I'm going to suck it up and buy it anyway....it eliminated the need for soooo many extra products in my regimen, so it's well worth it.

There's an old formula? I can only guess it works better than the one out now.

Saludable84 yes, a million times better. Here are the old ingredients:

Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone, C12-15 alkyl Benzoate, Panthenol, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolysed Silk, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, D&C Yellow 11, D&C Red 17, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Boron Nitride Powder.*

The Keratin Mist ingredients were changed also.

Did a consultation yesterday for a new stylist. I swear i have the worst most horrible stories. She said my ends need to be relaxed. Also she said she would have to apply the relaxer to my under processed sections first before applying to the NG. smdh

Did a consultation yesterday for a new stylist. I swear i have the worst most horrible stories. She said my ends need to be relaxed. Also she said she would have to apply the relaxer to my under processed sections first before applying to the NG. smdh

Run... Fast

Definitely find another stylist. The moment she mentioned that she would need to relax the new growth AFTER the under processed areas not to mention the ends too smh...... That conversation would be cut short and I'd just KIM.

Gonna delete her number from my phone.....i realized yesterday after i left that i didn't give her my number.....good thing, :yep: i'll just keep posting the crazy things i hear during what is now going to be my shopping experience for a new stylist.

She was trying to convince me to try someone new after relaying my last horrible experience, well that someone new will NOT be her. Also she maintained that i needed to get my ends clipped and she said it in a way that it must be done while getting the service. I specifically said i do my own trimming, dusting, cutting....thank you.

Number deleted.

I'm so happy. I just re-upped on my favorite Redken protein conditioner. Can't wait to use it tomorrow night.

Did a hair mask with banana and an egg. It made my hair difficult to detangle but I'll settle for a light detangle now and maybe a more thorough finger detangle after it is dry. Also I mashed the banana with a fork so I still have a few bits in my hair. There is a noticeable shine and difference in the feel of my hair. The strands feel stronger. Normally they feel very soft after a dc.

I actually walked by my salon and saw my old beautician. I refused to say hi though I should have thanked her for opening my eyes.

I actually walked by my salon and saw my old beautician. I refused to say hi though I should have thanked her for opening my eyes.

I saw my old stylist in Sally's last week. I was trying to avoid her but somehow we made eye contact, she rolled her eyes so hard I thought they would pop out the sockets lol

She had done my hair for about 5 years. I was FOREVER shoulder length and my hair was thinning from the relaxer she used(Affirm). The last time I went to her was 2010 and she was complaining about losing business because everybody was wearing weaves, I could only imagine how little business she gets now.....I know she misses me because my mom was a VERY generous tipper and gave her holiday and birthday bonuses all the time.

Last edited:
So a bit of an update :)

After all of my issues with doing a ponytail rollerset last Sunday, I tried again today. I took the tips I was given and noticed a big difference! To start, I washed my hair in two sections instead of all together by parting and detangling while it was dry, clipping each half up into claw clips, and just worked one half at a time. When it got time for me to detangle and go through with a fine toothed comb, it was SO MUCH EASIER and I while of course I lost some hairs, it was seriously only a fourth of the amount I lost last week during the process. I also used a liquid leave in and diluted my creamy leave in, so I think that helped as well! I'm in the rollers under the dryer now, so my fingers are crossed and I hope it turns out nice :)

I'm really happy that I'm getting better at using rollers. If I'm able to keep this up, I'll be able to cut down my flat iron usage to only once a month (if that). However, I do use the flat iron on my bangs every week or so, but I get those cut regularly and am not as concerned about them growing out as the rest of my hair (I need bangs to cover my big a** forehead lol)

Friday night I used my Bed Head (TIGI) Dumb Blonde and already looking for an alternative when this one runs out. I know they've changed their formula and I'm no longer able to find the original one anywhere...

I'm not loving my hair right now, so much calcium buildup and dandruff, it's not responding to any conditioner, chelating shampoo stopped working a long time ago.

What should I do? Set up an appointment for a lye relaxer at the salon(I'm 5 weeks post), get weave or braids, and wait a little longer to relax at the salon?

The cheapest would be to go to the salon next week- $50

Getting a weave- $85 or $65 to install(depends on who I decide to go to), plus the hair(bss)

Installing braids- $70 or $85(depends on who I go to), plus the hair($50-$60)

I'm not loving my hair right now, so much calcium buildup and dandruff, it's not responding to any conditioner, chelating shampoo stopped working a long time ago.

What should I do? Set up an appointment for a lye relaxer at the salon(I'm 5 weeks post), get weave or braids, and wait a little longer to relax at the salon?

The cheapest would be to go to the salon next week- $50

Getting a weave- $85 or $65 to install(depends on who I decide to go to), plus the hair(bss)

Installing braids- $70 or $85(depends on who I go to), plus the hair($50-$60)

Get a new chelating and clarifying shampoo. It's too many not to try. Try a swimmer's shampoo

Back