image-3004007072.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 59
  • image-2179799219.jpg
    image-2179799219.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 65
  • image-2382269041.jpg
    image-2382269041.jpg
    475.8 KB · Views: 65
Did a good 2'' cut today....I got SH for a moment but my hair is so much healthier, now i have to do a S&D to totally rid me of SSKs

I'm S&Ding weekly now. I am actively looking for problems to rid them immediately. I have more splits than I knew.

I last washed this past Monday at 6 days and after all of the sweating at the gym I may cowash tomorrow and set in flexirods. I haven't cowashed in ages (only shampoo) so we'll see how that goes.

I trimmed my hair yesterday, it feels and looks so much better. I refuse to not trim for the sake of length, especially when that "length" is raggedy ends. It really is how much you can retain, despite what most people believe. With that being said, I need to start moisturizing and sealing my ends every night again.

I trimmed my hair yesterday, it feels and looks so much better. I refuse to not trim for the sake of length, especially when that "length" is raggedy ends. It really is how much you can retain, despite what most people believe. With that being said, I need to start moisturizing and sealing my ends every night again.

Agreed!! Healthy short hair is much more gorgeous than sick extremely long hair. I have seen some short heads that turns my head!! Health all the way!! Trim and do what is takes to retain health and length.

I find it hilarious that certain naturals on here are supposedly secure in their naturalness, but in EVERY thread they throw shade at relaxers. Every thread I tell ya!

Just be natural and be great. A lot of us are doing just fine relaxing and aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Can't wait to do my hair next week! I can't even remember how many weeks post I'm, let's hope I don't get tired of wearing this braided crown.

I find it hilarious that certain naturals on here are supposedly secure in their naturalness, but in EVERY thread they throw shade at relaxers. Every thread I tell ya! Just be natural and be great. A lot of us are doing just fine relaxing and aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

I can safely say, I love my relaxed hair. It's long healthy and beautiful. I care for my hair in the same manner naturals do.

I highly doubt I ever go natural though. It's just not something I want to do. No explanations needed!!!

I find it hilarious that certain naturals on here are supposedly secure in their naturalness, but in EVERY thread they throw shade at relaxers. Every thread I tell ya! Just be natural and be great. A lot of us are doing just fine relaxing and aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

I'm not phased anymore. I just laugh it off. That's the most energy I'll give em.

Set my hair for the first time in years lol. I tried to rollerset years ago and it was awful so I gave up. I want to try to go without direct heat (I usually air dry and then flat iron on 290 F) so I tried a ponytail set today. Great results but uh lost a lot more hair then usual in the detangling process. I think it's because I had to use a fine toothed comb, and I dont typically use a comb on my wet hair, or at least not very much. It's a lot of manipulation for me. Anyone know how to set hair without a comb? My hair turned out so soft and nice, by that detangling beforehand is really getting to me.

I use HE LTR and Chi Silk infusion on my washed hair before I set.

Set my hair for the first time in years lol. I tried to rollerset years ago and it was awful so I gave up. I want to try to go without direct heat (I usually air dry and then flat iron on 290 F) so I tried a ponytail set today. Great results but uh lost a lot more hair then usual in the detangling process. I think it's because I had to use a fine toothed comb, and I dont typically use a comb on my wet hair, or at least not very much. It's a lot of manipulation for me. Anyone know how to set hair without a comb? My hair turned out so soft and nice, by that detangling beforehand is really getting to me. I use HE LTR and Chi Silk infusion on my washed hair before I set.

I would have just used the CHI and not the LTR. The LTR might have been what caused the breakage. If you must use a leave in, make it a liquid leave in and not one that is oil or cream based.

Also, I detangle quickly wet hair with a big tooth comb and then as I set, comb each roller piece with a medium tooth comb and last smooth on the roller with a small tooth comb. I also use seamless combs too which reduce a lot of breakage.

A lot of the hair you lose also depends on how often you comb during the week. I comb daily so I don't lose a lot during the setting process.

Saludable84 so when you set do you not use a leave in? I used the leave in with Chi as it's just what I always use.

Also, what do you mean by "smooth on the roller"? Like do you just go through the comb and then roll or do you somehow use the comb as you are rolling?

Set my hair for the first time in years lol. I tried to rollerset years ago and it was awful so I gave up. I want to try to go without direct heat (I usually air dry and then flat iron on 290 F) so I tried a ponytail set today. Great results but uh lost a lot more hair then usual in the detangling process. I think it's because I had to use a fine toothed comb, and I dont typically use a comb on my wet hair, or at least not very much. It's a lot of manipulation for me. Anyone know how to set hair without a comb? My hair turned out so soft and nice, by that detangling beforehand is really getting to me. I use HE LTR and Chi Silk infusion on my washed hair before I set.

That's my dilemma. In the future, I want to be a "set" girl, but I would want to do it without the excessive combing that seems required to achieve a nice set.

I have retained so much more length by eliminating combs and brushes and I'm wary of bringing them back into the mix:( hope I can figure it out, as well as you!

I recently got back to roller setting and I don't use a comb to set. I've just been making sure my hair is well detangled during washing. I apply a liquid leave in and serum and just run my fingers up and down the hair until I feel it's smooth enough if that makes any sense and roll my hair. My siggy is from yesterday's roller set. It's working for me for now... But I'm sure when I have more new growth I'll be singing a different tune, hopefully not.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I recently got back to roller setting and I don't use a comb to set. I've just been making sure my hair is well detangled during washing. I apply a liquid leave in and serum and just run my fingers up and down the hair until I feel it's smooth enough if that makes any sense and roll my hair. My siggy is from yesterday's roller set. It's working for me for now... But I'm sure when I have more new growth I'll be singing a different tune, hopefully not.

I really want to go combless but scared it won't be really detangled

That was my fear at first too, but so far so good in terms of not experiencing tangles or breakage. I used to roller set every wash years ago, that's when my hair was at its healthiest. Then I got lazy and lost patience and started air drying all the time. My hair feels better when it's set.

So do you wash your hair in the sink or in the shower? I wash in the sink so maybe that's why it takes a little more for me to detangle because I have to flip my hair over?

That was my fear at first too, but so far so good in terms of not experiencing tangles or breakage. I used to roller set every wash years ago, that's when my hair was at its healthiest. Then I got lazy and lost patience and started air drying all the time. My hair feels better when it's set.

I finger detangle and remove shedded hair before washing with no comb in four sections with small horizontal sections. But I detangle with a comb with v05 in the shower or after doing a rinse through and after air drying for ten minutes before adding my deep conditioner with a comb and sometimes I get aggravated because more shedded hair comes out and occasionally a few broken hairs. I don't lose a lot but I be thinking I thought I removed all my dressed hair during finger detangling. That's why I don't trust it flyygirlll2

So do you wash your hair in the sink or in the shower? I wash in the sink so maybe that's why it takes a little more for me to detangle because I have to flip my hair over?

For my last wash, I used the sink. I don't flip my hair over though because that's just asking for tangles. I part my hair in two sections, I tilt my head to the side to wash. once I'm done washing each side I clip is up to avoid tangling. I wash it loose for now since I'm about 4 wks post so washing is a breeze. Once I'm further along in my stretch, I section my hair in 4 instead and twist it.

I finger detangle and remove shedded hair before washing with no comb in four sections with small horizontal sections. But I detangle with a comb with v05 in the shower or after doing a rinse through and after air drying for ten minutes before adding my deep conditioner with a comb and sometimes I get aggravated because more shedded hair comes out and occasionally a few broken hairs. I don't lose a lot but I be thinking I thought I removed all my dressed hair during finger detangling. That's why I don't trust it flyygirlll2

I understand what you mean, I finger detangle as well before I wash. I hate seeing broken hairs, but I don't freak out anymore unless I'm seeing them along with shed hair at an alarming rate. I think since I'm only a few weeks post that's why it's easier for me to forgo using a comb.

I only comb through my hair on wash days and finger comb to style. Yes there is more shedding but you can get them out by pulling gently from the bottom while finger combing. They are already loose so I just twirl mine out. More comes out on wash days but they're long so I'm not worried.

Saludable84 so when you set do you not use a leave in? I used the leave in with Chi as it's just what I always use. Also, what do you mean by "smooth on the roller"? Like do you just go through the comb and then roll or do you somehow use the comb as you are rolling?

I use a leave-in but it's very water based so that it doesn't leave my hair heavy. The more stuff you have on, it will come out soft, but it can lead to more breakage, at least that was my experience. I've never used LTR so I'm sure if you are using a cream leave-in.

Once I detangle with a medium tooth comb I get out the last tangles with a small tooth comb. I only comb with the smaller comb once to smooth it on the roller and that's it.

Attachments

• image-3555527114.jpg
    image-3555527114.jpg
    457.9 KB · Views: 12
Back