Relaxed Hair Thread

nakialovesshoes, what are you looking for in a blog? Several of us in this thread are bloggers but I think we all bring a different aspect to the table so...it just depends what your ultimate goal is. There may be others but I have a blog as does Saludable84 and Ms. Tiki -- links to our blogs are in a siggies.

Thanks for the mention divachyk

nakialovesshoes Ebony also created a thread for relaxed bloggers. Divachyk is correct, it depends on what you are looking for in a blog. I'm a texlaxed hip length blogger who also talks beauty. I'm changing my format to include more hair posts. Feel free to stop by.

nakialovesshoes, what are you looking for in a blog? Several of us in this thread are bloggers but I think we all bring a different aspect to the table so...it just depends what your ultimate goal is. There may be others but I have a blog as does Saludable84 and Ms. Tiki -- links to our blogs are in a siggies.

divachyk - I'm just looking for relaxed hair bloggers to follow for inspiration. Coming from the natural side, there were tons of blogger/social media inspiration being that natural hair is trending right now. However, it doesn't seem to be as much available as far as relaxed hair goes. I follow prettywitty77 & ulovemegz & a couple of others on IG.

Thanks for the mention divachyk

nakialovesshoes Ebony also created a thread for relaxed bloggers. Divachyk is correct, it depends on what you are looking for in a blog. I'm a texlaxed hip length blogger who also talks beauty. I'm changing my format to include more hair posts. Feel free to stop by.

Ms. Tiki Of course I'll be sure to follow both of you ladies! :yep:

divachyk - I'm just looking for relaxed hair bloggers to follow for inspiration. Coming from the natural side, there were tons of blogger/social media inspiration being that natural hair is trending right now. However, it doesn't seem to be as much available as far as relaxed hair goes. I follow prettywitty77 & ulovemegz & a couple of others on IG. Ms. Tiki Of course I'll be sure to follow both of you ladies! :yep:

nakialovesshoes....ITA on the focus being on natural. It's everywhere you turn. The relaxed community is not as vocal or active. There is a thread like Ms. Tiki mentioned that tracks all relaxed blogs. I don't have the link at the present. If you can't find it, let me know. I'm sure it's somewhere in my subscribed threads.

if i put "something something blah blah relaxed hair" in youtube search..all i wanna see is videos of women with relaxed hair pertaining to the topic im looking for. i shouldnt end up with only 2 relaxedheads in the entire search.

aint that hard youtube. how is relaxed being confused for natural

Finally washed but it was a much simpler routine than I usually do! I'm at my mom's house and couldn't bring all 50-11 conditioners, oils, etc that I normally do. I pre-pooed with my Jason's vitamin E oil then washed with Suave's shea butter and almond. I'm DCing with Silk Elements olive oil moisturizing treatment. My hair feels great :yep: Sometimes simple is all you need.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure the water in NY is softer than Philly.

I'm going by my mom tomorrow and literally a second before reading this i was thinking of all the products i need to take with me to wash my hair and DC because i have a funeral on Sunday. I may just blow dry and do some Bantu knots.

I am so over this extreme breakage. I did a hard protein treatment this morning with aphogee 2 step after I clarified my hair. Then I did a moisturizing DC with bee mine deep conditioner. I sprayed some aphogee green tea reconstructor, chi iron guard and used some john Frieda serum and then blow dried (btw my hair dryer is amazing...best purchase ever). I used chi silk infusion and flat ironed. I did a damn good job since I'm about 8 weeks post. I know the breakage is from my last relaxer so I'm going to stretch until the end of the year and reassess my hair then

I'm going by my mom tomorrow and literally a second before reading this i was thinking of all the products i need to take with me to wash my hair and DC because i have a funeral on Sunday. I may just blow dry and do some Bantu knots.

I literally only used the products available at my mom's house, including Suave shampoo and then the Silk Elements conditioner. I tell you my hair feels so soft and strong, and my breakage decreased drastically! It's almost too good to be true, which is why I'm thinking that the water must be different.

I am so over this extreme breakage. I did a hard protein treatment this morning with aphogee 2 step after I clarified my hair. Then I did a moisturizing DC with bee mine deep conditioner. I sprayed some aphogee green tea reconstructor, chi iron guard and used some john Frieda serum and then blow dried (btw my hair dryer is amazing...best purchase ever). I used chi silk infusion and flat ironed. I did a damn good job since I'm about 8 weeks post. I know the breakage is from my last relaxer so I'm going to stretch until the end of the year and reassess my hair then

Do you think you are using too much protein?

if i put "something something blah blah relaxed hair" in youtube search..all i wanna see is videos of women with relaxed hair pertaining to the topic im looking for. i shouldnt end up with only 2 relaxedheads in the entire search.

aint that hard youtube. how is relaxed being confused for natural

THANK YOU!

I finally tried Ateyaa's regimen with Aphogee. My hair came out really good. I kept saying I was going to try it, and now I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner.

I finally tried Ateyaa's regimen with Aphogee. My hair came out really good. I kept saying I was going to try it, and now I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner.

AmiJay - what is her regimen? Forgive my laziness - I don't feel like going on YT to look. I'll end up on there for hours. :look:

Ohhhh. Ok. I was really worried! I'm glad it has stopped. What relaxer did you use?

I used ORS no lye normal strength. I've used it several times before but for the past 2 years I've been using optimum salon care selections in normal strength and I only went back to ORS because it doesn't process as fast and I can take my time. I guess I got a bad batch because my hair has not been the same since I used it. Breakage and unusual amount of shedding and nothing stopped it. The back of my hair looks awful. I know I neutralized a lot so that's not the issue

^no lye requires alot of chelating and clarifying. no less than once a months. i'd even say twice. you also need to moisturize and seal often

I used ORS no lye normal strength. I've used it several times before but for the past 2 years I've been using optimum salon care selections in normal strength and I only went back to ORS because it doesn't process as fast and I can take my time. I guess I got a bad batch because my hair has not been the same since I used it. Breakage and unusual amount of shedding and nothing stopped it. The back of my hair looks awful. I know I neutralized a lot so that's not the issue

Regardless to no lye claims I gave them up because of this exact issue. Even with changing relaxers, I never considered just one being a bad batch, even when I would go for a long time period without any issues. I would always get some kind of breakage, just not enough to be concerned. Eventually I just stopped with no lye because the up keep was too much, especially after I went through what your going through. Even after stretching, waiting and going to lye, the breakage did its damage and I was forever done with lye.

I've always been scared of lye because people put that fear in you. Lye is strong so you shouldn't do it yourself.... I got over that quick after seeing a few YouTube videos.

I swear y'all have me a little scared over here. I have the DE low lye & I was always an Affirm with Fiberguard girl (full lye) & I had absolutely no problems in the past.

I love how everyone's hair responds differently to the same product or type of product! For example, My hair hates no-lye relaxers.... tore my hair up.

Anyhoo, I am thinking about a change. The left, top quadrant of my hair is thicker and shorter than the other quadrants. No matter how many times I try to cut it to get it even, it always remains shorter and thicker. I even tried relaxing that section first before all the other sections to get it to process longer-- but to no avail. I'm going to keep wearing it curly to hide the difference.

Also, I keep on forgetting to take pictures, lol :lol:

Regardless to no lye claims I gave them up because of this exact issue. Even with changing relaxers, I never considered just one being a bad batch, even when I would go for a long time period without any issues. I would always get some kind of breakage, just not enough to be concerned. Eventually I just stopped with no lye because the up keep was too much, especially after I went through what your going through. Even after stretching, waiting and going to lye, the breakage did its damage and I was forever done with lye. I've always been scared of lye because people put that fear in you. Lye is strong so you shouldn't do it yourself.... I got over that quick after seeing a few YouTube videos.

My hair needs a break from relaxing anyway. I'm not transitioning but I do need a break

nakialovesshoes
I did an overnight moisture dc first. The rest is her reggie. I didn't use the Aphogee shampoo. I also used a different mousse and the Sally's GVP Silk Infusion knock off.
-Wash hair once a week with Aphogee shampoo for damaged hair
-Use 2 minute reconstructor (i use this as my conditioner)
-Spray the Aphogee keratin and green tea restructuriser (i cant spell it!)
-The spray in the Aphogee leave-in conditioner
-Then add the Keracare foam wrap lotion
-Then i add chi-silk infusion
-The i let my hair air-dry
-After my hair is dry (sometimes when i get tired of waiting for it to dry, i blowdry the rest)i begin to flat-iron it. After it is all flat-ironed, i use a curling iron (i do big curls,so as not to overload my hair with heat) to give it a little bit of bounce
-Then i wrap my hair (sometimes i leave it in a wrap all day if I'm not going out), tie a silk scarf around my hair, then i put a wig cap on top, just to make it tight, so the silk scarf doesn't fall off when i sleep.

I could never get my flatirons to look shop quality but this reg finally gave me that swang I love. This will allow me to wash every two weeks while stretching. I'm tired of looking so rough so I'm using heat to get through.

Back