Relaxed Hair Thread

This weekend I was all snuggled up and my hair kept getting caught under my guy's arm!!!!!!! Never had this problem when natural because my hair was all up and out vs down :lol:. My hair went through some things this weekend, and made me really glad to be relaxed. Got to sleep cute with my hair out and not wake up looking like Sideshow Bob :lachen:.

Tell them sista!!! Ha ha ha ha ha!!! So true!!! But when it gets caught don't you have visions of split ends and breakage. Or am I super paranoid?? In need of professional Help???

He just loves my hair. We'd be standing and his hands would be in it. We're eating and he's braiding it. Is it rare cause your hair is always up?

Yeah, but when I wore it out it was the same thing. Now, it's just less accessible but he has made it clear that he prefers my hair curly and with more texture. He only touches it when it's in a twist/braid out.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

You're right behind me! I'm 16 weeks although I feel 20 weeks.

Yes. I'm tiptoeing behind you. I can feel my shirts on my stomach; I'm not used to that :nono: but I'm not upset at all. I finally have enough energy to do my hair.

I'm also thinking of afterbirth hair. I already know what my baby shower hair will look like.

Yes. I'm tiptoeing behind you. I can feel my shirts on my stomach; I'm not used to that :nono: but I'm not upset at all. I finally have enough energy to do my hair.

I'm also thinking of afterbirth hair. I already know what my baby shower hair will look like.

Lol. I still haven't regained my energy! I know my hair will be in some type of protective style. Weave for baby shower and braids for birth maybe? Your hair is gorgeous though! Can't wait till I get there! I know whatever you do it will look fabulous!

Tell them sista!!! Ha ha ha ha ha!!! So true!!! But when it gets caught don't you have visions of split ends and breakage. Or am I super paranoid?? In need of professional Help???

No!!!! Uh I got WL dreams, I can't be having chunks of hair pulled out all willy nilly :lol:. I washed and DC last night and I was a bit irked about the extra bit of breakage I had. I'm wearing a super curly braidout today, but I might be tucking it away for the week. But with school kicking my butt :nono:, I need every little ounce of joy I can find.

Soo I may have gotten my days mixed up smh. I planned to relax Wednesday night, but I would need to wash/do a protein treatment tonight because I didn't think to do it this past Saturday. Is washing Monday night and relaxing Wednesday night too close together?

Soo I may have gotten my days mixed up smh. I planned to relax Wednesday night, but I would need to wash/do a protein treatment tonight because I didn't think to do it this past Saturday. Is washing Monday night and relaxing Wednesday night too close together?

I have done it before with no problem.

Trimmed my hair a few days ago and I'm happy with the results even though there's a wayward piece that didn't get clipped. :ohwell: No more trimming until my next relaxer.

Pic from tonight before I cowashed:

ForumRunner_20140217_205901.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF

Trimmed my hair a few days ago and I'm happy with the results even though there's a wayward piece that didn't get clipped. :ohwell: No more trimming until my next relaxer. Pic from tonight before I cowashed: Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF

Looking long and healthy over there.

Your hair looks GREAT sunnieb!! Is your regimen posted anywhere?

Used Nexuss Emergencee last night followed by AOHSR in prep for my relaxer tomorrow. My hair feels really good right now actually; I let it airdry overnight.

Your hair looks GREAT sunnieb!! Is your regimen posted anywhere?

Used Nexuss Emergencee last night followed by AOHSR in prep for my relaxer tomorrow. My hair feels really good right now actually; I let it airdry overnight.

Think it's time for me to write up exactly what I do now. Coming soon.....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF

I finally relaxed my hair after 16 weeks of stretching. I really enjoyed the process and I did my first protein treatment after my touchup. I think it made a pretty significant difference in how my hair feels. It's so SOFT omg.

I'm not sure if stretching helped with how good my roots feel or it was the relaxer. I am thinking about trying lye relaxers because I hear it's easier on the hair itself and I am tired of my nape looking thinner than the rest of my hair.

So I'm right now planning this regimen. I'd love insight. And I swear I am sticking to this.

• Cowash twice a week with Aussie Moist Conditioner.
  • Shampoo weekly with Aussie Moist Shampoo.
  • My leave-ins are Its a 10 and Chi Silk Infusion.
  • No heat between touchups.
  • Wrap and set my hair to keep it straight/flat with Bonners Brothers Wrapping Foam (I'd love recommendations for different wrapping lotions/foams).

Last edited:
I was going to just do a prepoo treatment and then cowash BUT I saw too many little short hairs while I was just finger detangling so I'm going to do a hard protein treatment and a nice long moisturizing DC afterwards.

Last edited:
Tonight I did a water only wash and detangled with a comb in the shower after going 3 weeks without using a comb. I think I'll comb every 3-4 weeks. I did not have tangles just alot of shed hair.

Feeling so lazy. Started my wash day routine this morning, and here i sit, hours later with this redken protein conditioner still in my hair.

Back