Relaxed Hair Thread

Guess my hair really looooves protein. After that several hour redken conditioning sesh, my hair didn't scream protein overload (Keeping in mind that I DCed with it last weekend as well.

I followed with an overnight moisturizing DC (again I overnighted it out of pure laziness) and my hair is back in plaits feeling mighty fine. Very strong!

Just did my relaxer, sitting under the dryer now with conditioner in my hair. Relaxing went okay, I got a few tingles but not burns. Used Aphogee 2 min as my mid protein step then shampood 3 times. Been under the dryer for 20 minutes with Moroccan oil conditioner then gonna rinse and air dry. I lost some hair but not a ton during the detangling process. Seems to be all good so far, I used Silk Elements regular relaxer from Sallys beauty supply. Will do a length check this weekend when I flat iron.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Guess my hair really looooves protein. After that several hour redken conditioning sesh, my hair didn't scream protein overload (Keeping in mind that I DCed with it last weekend as well. I followed with an overnight moisturizing DC (again I overnighted it out of pure laziness) and my hair is back in plaits feeling mighty fine. Very strong!

How I envy you.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Just did my relaxer, sitting under the dryer now with conditioner in my hair. Relaxing went okay, I got a few tingles but not burns. Used Aphogee 2 min as my mid protein step then shampood 3 times. Been under the dryer for 20 minutes with Moroccan oil conditioner then gonna rinse and air dry. I lost some hair but not a ton during the detangling process. Seems to be all good so far, I used Silk Elements regular relaxer from Sallys beauty supply. Will do a length check this weekend when I flat iron. Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Can't wait for your reveal.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I relaxed my hair yesterday and I burned badly and now have scabs. Not happy.
I air died and did a braidout and I hate my hair. I hate the different lengths, I hate the thiness, I hate that my edges have a v shape to them like a widow's peak without the peak bit.

I don't feel good about my hair at the moment. :sad:

I air died and did a braidout and I hate my hair. I hate the different lengths, I hate the thiness, I hate that my edges have a v shape to them like a widow's peak without the peak bit.

Cheer up love!!!! Think about the healthy long hair you'll have in the future. Where you are now is not where you will be later. Practice healthy hair regimens. Love your hair and your hair will love you.

Awww I'm sorry :needhug: . Do you know where things went wrong? Have you been having trouble before this??

My hair is getting wavy....
Can a relaxer pro explain this for me?

I washed and put on some pantene bb cream, and left it to its own devices to dry....and it was all wavy instead of flat bone straight like it used to be.

My hair is getting wavy....
Can a relaxer pro explain this for me?

I washed and put on some pantene bb cream, and left it to its own devices to dry....and it was all wavy instead of flat bone straight like it used to be.

I'm no pro lol but youre hair is reverting. happens to mine too. No remedy for it lol. Leave your gorgeous hair alone now

.... said the Phablet

Awww I'm sorry :needhug: . Do you know where things went wrong? Have you been having trouble before this??

Thank you ckisland

I have pin pointed some things:
- using the blow drier weekly really damaged my ends and I have short broken pieces
- I forgot to base with oil before relaxing and that's why I burned
- My lack of edges and hair density has been there forever and I don't know what to do about it.

I'm no pro lol but youre hair is reverting. happens to mine too. No remedy for it lol. Leave your gorgeous hair alone now

.... said the Phablet

That happens?!?! I thought it was a myth.
Maybe straight hair just isn't in the cards for me. :ohwell:

Thank you ckisland I have pin pointed some things: - using the blow drier weekly really damaged my ends and I have short broken pieces - I forgot to base with oil before relaxing and that's why I burned - My lack of edges and hair density has been there forever and I don't know what to do about it.

It's good to pinpoint what went wrong so you can fix it. Don't look at it as a bad thing, look at it as a lesson. I used to blow my roots out to straighten them after sets. When I would finally relax, I would have a lot of breakage on the following weeks. I traced it back to blow drying my roots and once I stopped, the breakage got better closer to my scalp. It's better you learned now then later

It also depends on your texture. Some hair types are just more resistant that others. My roots start to revert after about a month.

My hair loves to do that. Especially to hairdressers who don't know it. They need to know what relaxer to use and how to apply it. Also important is how long to leave it in.

It also depends on your texture. Some hair types are just more resistant that others. My roots start to revert after about a month.

Wait. After a month, wouldn't it be just new growth and not reversion?

I'm exactly a month out from that relaxer. But the entire length of the hair is wavy, not just the roots. That's reversion?

I guess my hair is resistant?

Thank you ckisland

I have pin pointed some things:
- using the blow drier weekly really damaged my ends and I have short broken pieces
- I forgot to base with oil before relaxing and that's why I burned
- My lack of edges and hair density has been there forever and I don't know what to do about it.

At least you know where to start, and that's half the battle really. Nothing worse than things going wrong and having no idea why :nono:. Luckily blowdryers are easy to avoid, and now you know to make sure and base before relaxing again. I didn't base either, and I didn't burn but my scalp flaked like crazy :nono:. If you just naturally have thinner edges and hair, that's more so a combination of stopping certain things and doing other. Your hair in you avatar looks really nice, and fine, but I wouldn't call it thin. Heat is the enemy of thin hair and buns are the enemy of edges :nono:.

I have coarse edges, but I'm terrified of them receding back to how they were when I was relaxed before. So I only wear my hair pulled back securely about twice a week, and I use a brush like 1x. I've decided to leave gel and edge control pastes alone, and I'll probably give up the brush too because it's growing on me :look:.

Wait. After a month, wouldn't it be just new growth and not reversion? I'm exactly a month out from that relaxer. But the entire length of the hair is wavy, not just the roots. That's reversion? I guess my hair is resistant?

No. It's not new growth. My new growth is tighter than my texlaxed hair so I can tell the difference. For some people, it takes about 2-3 weeks for the actual results of the relaxer to be seen. After that time the hair doesnt look so full anymore.

My hair definitely reverted after a few days each time (virgin and my recent touchup). I did a MSP treatment this last time so I thought it may have been from that.

Going to buy a flat iron tomorrow. Any recommendations of good brands? Im looking for 100% ceramic w/ degree settings; not numbers. Price is not an issue.

Decided to just go to Walmart & just hope for the best. I need a flat iron like yesterday.

ForumRunner_20140221_203820.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140221_203633.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140221_203633.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 53
I will never fall asleep while airdrying @ 16 weeks again. Thinking of trying the blowdry tension method before I flat iron. Maybe that will work for me.

ForumRunner_20140222_070002.jpg

I will never fall asleep while airdrying @ 16 weeks again. Thinking of trying the blowdry tension method before I flat iron. Maybe that will work for me.

That's what caused me to relax early. That is exactly what I did at 16 weeks post smh.

I was thinking of flat ironing this weekend. I think it's been long enough, I just don't feel like it. I use a sedu by the way. It had a temperature gage. I hear chi, fhi, that bliss one and t3 along with the Hana is good.

That's what caused me to relax early. That is exactly what I did at 16 weeks post smh.

I was thinking of flat ironing this weekend. I think it's been long enough, I just don't feel like it. I use a sedu by the way. It had a temperature gage. I hear chi, fhi, that bliss one and t3 along with the Hana is good.

Thanks for the recs! I was just heading out to look for one. I will try the sedu.

After over 2 years, wore my hair in a ponytail to work. Got weave checked by one male coworker twice though he knew it was my hair and stated it three times! My other male coworker said "You have your hair in a ponytail. Why?" They then had an exchange on the difference between relaxers and perms.

I got home and was talking to DH and his comment to me was: You have a ponytail, Im not used to this on you.

All I did was not put my hair up after putting in a ponytail anyway. And I didn't expect to get these reactions from men either.

After over 2 years, wore my hair in a ponytail to work. Got weave checked by one male coworker twice though he knew it was my hair and stated it three times! My other male coworker said "You have your hair in a ponytail. Why?" They then had an exchange on the difference between relaxers and perms. I got home and was talking to DH and his comment to me was: You have a ponytail, Im not used to this on you. All I did was not put my hair up after putting in a ponytail anyway. And I didn't expect to get these reactions from men either.

Lol lol lol. That's just how humans react to change.

After over 2 years, wore my hair in a ponytail to work. Got weave checked by one male coworker twice though he knew it was my hair and stated it three times! My other male coworker said "You have your hair in a ponytail. Why?" They then had an exchange on the difference between relaxers and perms.

I got home and was talking to DH and his comment to me was: You have a ponytail, Im not used to this on you.

All I did was not put my hair up after putting in a ponytail anyway. And I didn't expect to get these reactions from men either.

Their minds were blown from a ponytail? :lachen: It's like the most common hairstyle ever!! Your hair's out there rattling people's minds :grin: . Got any pics to share :lick:

Back