Relaxed Hair Thread

Gonna deep condition with loreal power moisture moisture rush mask, it was 5.88. I love loreal I hope this works

Epiphany-- Just as I am meticulous about my outdoor flowers/plants, caring for and watering them everyday, I realized that I need to water my hair everyday. What a simple- minded revelation......:perplexed

Growing dreads over here. Not really, but I havent combed or tried for 4 days. Tomorrow will be 5. I need you ladies to pray for me!

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

Attachments

• image-404319693.jpg
    image-404319693.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 66
  • image-978745894.jpg
    image-978745894.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 80
I wanna relax SOOO bad! I'm using my sulfur mix more often now so I won't be able to. I really wanna wait until it cools down because I plan on wearing my hair out more often. Maybe 50/50... Well see. But yes I'm not having any issues just ready to see what I've gotten since my last relaxed!

^^^yup! I took the strand test just a few minutes ago. I never knew.

But it shouldn't affect me relaxing my hair, should it?

I touched up my roots and smooth the perm down the length of my hair. Left the perm on for 20 minutes and my hair still isn't straight.

I touched up my roots and smooth the perm down the length of my hair. Left the perm on for 20 minutes and my hair still isn't straight.

Wow, I have never saw it come out like that before. Did you have major buildup?

Renewed1 the back of my hair comes out like that. And I leave it on 20 min too. Haven't found a solution yet. Let me know if you do. I'm just gonna have my friend do it next time see if she has better luck.

what the lo-pos on the board suggest is flatironing the roots a week before so the relaxer penetrates better.

what relaxer are you using btw

My hair simply refuses to straighten!

Girl this is the only problem I have with my hair. It does not straighten. Or either its straight for all of 3 weeks. I did a corrective in July. That hair is curly again :rolleyes: I seriously can do a wash n go with the back half of my hair. I give up. My strands win.

ETA: I have normal porosity.

Girl this is the only problem I have with my hair. It does not straighten. Or either its straight for all of 3 weeks. I did a corrective in July. That hair is curly again :rolleyes: I seriously can do a wash n go with the back half of my hair. I give up. My strands win.

ETA: I have normal porosity.

Same for me!!!!! I tried a corrective but nothing, nada, still wavy. So I am learning to love it. I'm normal porosity too.

Same for me!!!!! I tried a corrective but nothing, nada, still wavy. So I am learning to love it. I'm normal porosity too.

I agree. It's not even worth fixing. It'll likely be overprocessed and still not straight so why bother. I think Im going to give the QOD Max Organiq BKT a whirl in about 6 months. It's formaldehyde free and washes out.

When I hear of people mention wavy textures, a few thoughts come to mind....here are a few thoughts to ponder....

If you self relax, are you processing the hair correctly

If you are salon relaxed, is s/he processing the hair correctly

What's your definition of straight hair?

Are you using the correct relaxer strength?

Here's an observation from my hair - my hair has wave to it when it's damp and when it air dries. My hair is super straight when heat styled (of course). I use to think the wave was due to under processing, etc. While I did struggle with some under processing, the wave I'm referring to in this instance was not under processing. Instead, it was just that my hair was relaxed but not bonelaxed (bone straight).

I've been advised by several stylists that it's actually a little better to have some wave left behind as that means the hair wasn't over processed. I know this can be debated because if I recall correctly, @sunnieb is bone straight and we clearly see her hair is healthy. I suppose the health of bonelaxed would depend on the overall health/strength of one's hair.

All that to say, having some wave is not a bad thing. There is a distinct difference though between wave & under processed -- you'll definitely know the difference, quick, fast and in a hurry~ :yep:

what the lo-pos on the board suggest is flatironing the roots a week before so the relaxer penetrates better.

what relaxer are you using btw

@FelaShrine, that's my recommendation for removing shed hair & tangles, which in turns enables the stylist to navigate through the hair quicker which allows for consistent processing throughout. If she's struggling to navigate through one section, the contact time will be lesser in some areas leaving extra wavy areas throughout.

Last edited:
Back