Relaxed Hair Thread

Wow, I have never saw it come out like that before. Did you have major buildup?

Nope. No buildup.

My hair comes out like that. I leave the perm on for about 25-30mins. Did u get the texturizer or the relaxer? Did u want a straighter texture or did u want to keep some texture.

This is what mines look like after I relax with linange texturizer

pelohello FelaShrine I used the linange LYE relaxer and my hair looked exactly like yours. I wanted a bone-laxed textured and grow into a more textured look.

When I "converted" over to relax, I originally used a box perm and I ended up being more texlaxed with loser curls. (I was orignally texlaxed before perming). Now with a lye relaxer I still have texture.

Isn't it possible certain curly strands just do not get as straight as a 4b/c when relaxing? Just throwing out assumptions.....

pre_medicalrulz my natural texture was mainly in the 4's.

Going forward, I'm just going to perm my NG. I don't want to risk overprocessing my hair just to get it bone-laxed. I live with it for now, unfortunately.

Renewed1

You used Linange and it came out like that? I really want to try the Shea butter relaxer. Even more eager now.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

Last edited:
Just ordered my Design Essentials Sensitive Scalp Relaxer! I used a new online retailer (sleekhair.com), so I'll be sure to post about my experience.

They were $30 cheaper than my usual eBay vendor and they had a coupon code (AUTUMN13) for free shipping! :grin:

I need to come out of lurk mode. I have really been slack with my hair. I'm 22 weeks and I was only stretching to 10-12 tops. So now, I'm just waiting until my bday at the end of this month

I bought miss jessies quick curls but I'm not crazy about the smell.

On a positive note my local meijer carries miss jessies I never thought I would see the day lol.

I had a terrible detangling session this morning. Think I'll do an aphogee 2 step treatment on Sunday to help combat this shedding and breakage

Hey girls, I made a curly afro out of my hair last night with tissue. I only did it on a section of my hair to experiment.
My results were like hers..
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LICMjzykJCc

if you want to try it, just get a piece of tissue paper roll until it looks like a cigarette, roll your hair up with it like regular rollers and tie or pin it down. but when you roll it, roll it towards you, not under.

I had surgery & wont be able to wash my hair for 4 weeks (cant lift arms over head) & cant visit a salon (cant drive nor stand up more than 30 mins a day). Sigh.....

What is the difference between Linange texturized and relaxer. Because the ingredients are both the same in the same order. I didn't buy the texturized because I was scured but I'd like to know if there is a difference?

TIA

What is the difference between Linange texturized and relaxer. Because the ingredients are both the same in the same order. I didn't buy the texturized because I was scured but I'd like to know if there is a difference?

TIA

I used the Texturizer on my last touch up and I can't really tell the difference between that MBB Sensitive Scalp. I have three weeks left before I my touchup, maybe I'll see a difference then.

I used the Texturizer on my last touch up and I can't really tell the difference between that MBB Sensitive Scalp. I have three weeks left before I my touchup, maybe I'll see a difference then.

I converting from MBB Regular. I was just wondering what the difference was because the active ingredient is the same.

Please excuse my iPhone

11weeks post texturizer today. I keep checking the calendar to make sure that date is right. Cant believe how tame my NG is lately. Ive learned so much about my hair needs this paste month.

-My hair :love:s keratin
-protein treatments after Ayurvedic and clay deep treatments = happy hair and scalp
-the 2 items above are the keys to a long stretch
-Toji hair density vitamins and biotin

Never stretched paste 14 weeks but I just might be able to do it this time. My BD is coming up in Nov so maybe I can stretch until then *fingers crossed*. Im also finally starting to put together an effective regimen but it still needs more work :look:

Once a week, I Prepoo with hair trigger and extra garlic oil added on scalp, massage, ceramide oil and fenugreek, kupur kachri paste layered on length. Baggy for 1 hour.

Poo with a good moisturizing sulfate (will try diluting with app bottle tonight).

Tresemme Naturals or VO5 R/O if following with henna. If not, just DC with Keratin product for 1 hour. If I need more moisture (which is a common occurrence) I will DIY with a clay masque by adding the paste to Wen 613, Shea Moisture raw deep masque, Tresemme Naturals, Nubian Heritage Hemp & Tamanu, AOGPB, GVP Paul Mitchell super strong treatment, etc.

Haven't finished working out my midweek cleanse yet. I am one who mostly follows what I think my hair needs at the time based on hair behavior instead of a schedule. So sometimes I skip the midweek thing.

All I know is, I love this HHJ!!

My hair and I are at odds today.

Can't bun it, can't do a half-up/half-down.....Ugh! I have a dress up event to go to in a bit, so I just loaded it up with Carrot Oil and NTM, put in two tighter than tight bantu knots, and tied my scarf on as tight as I can stand it.

I have to start getting ready in about an hour, so I think I should be able to pull off some kind of style by then.

CAN. NOT. WAIT. TO. RELAX. This 20 weeks post stuff is NOT the business! :(

I never really understood to whole thing about naturals trying to make their curls clump. Now I get it and it's not a good look for me. Lots of tangles smh. Let me see if I can get a style that will last me a whole week...

Yesterday I did a perm rod set and today at Sam's club I was asked about my hair and if I'm natural blush:. She thought it was my curl pattern lol

I love getting random compliments from strangers it makes all the DCing and sitting under the dryer worth it. She looked like she didn't believe me though.

Last edited:
Yesterday I did a sperm rod set and today at Sam's club I was asked about my hair and if I'm natural blush:. She thought it was my curl pattern lol

I love getting random compliments from strangers it makes all the DCing and sitting under the dryer worth it. She looked like she didn't believe me though.

Dying to do a perm rod set, just don't have the patience.

I don't get asked the natural questions anymore, but when I do a twist-out I get the random stares from people. I mean mug a lot, so I believe its one of the reasons I don't get asked questions lol. :spinning:

:lol: you ladies are funny!

If you followed my blog you'll know I had some relaxer issues this past period. I've made up in my mind to go back to a previous stylist from back in the day. I swore I'd never go back but my hair was at its best under her care....and that was being 100% salon dependent. She had my hair looking right but overbooked and that turned me off. However, I now have hair knowledge and can complete most of what I need from home which will overshadow the overbooking issue. I'll just let her relax, neutralize & I go home.

Back