Rant: Sex and the city

Please share!
They covered why Samantha wasn't present....and it's the dumbest reason I have ever heard for these big grown women. Carrie fires Samantha as her publicist and so Samantha moves to the UK and cuts EVERYONE off? Lazy writing and just dumb.

I think that they are hinting at the fact that Miranda has an alcohol problem and I don't know how I feel about it.

Charlotte is still doing the most but it seems....extra.

And after all that drama with Mr. Big, they kill him off?

They covered why Samantha wasn't present....and it's the dumbest reason I have ever heard for these big grown women. Carrie fires Samantha as her publicist and so Samantha moves to the UK and cuts EVERYONE off? Lazy writing and just dumb.

I think that they are hinting at the fact that Miranda has an alcohol problem and I don't know how I feel about it.

Charlotte is still doing the most but it seems....extra.

And after all that drama with Mr. Big, they kill him off?

I agree with you. Samantha wouldn't have done that. They would have been better off having her move for a new opportunity..heck, even a desire to go bang British men b/c she'd screwed everyone in NY would have been better and more believable.

I peeped that about Miranda too. Also, when she kept talking to the professor...girl just shut up!

Charlotte....I think Kristin Davis has had some plastic surgery b/c she is looking very cat woman and it isn't cute.

"Sex and the city" originally was fun in the city. "And Just like That" is sad in the city. Awkward in the city. Loss in the City.

I realize they had to kill their darlings (trying not to disclose who) including explaining one loss (samantha) but both episodes were just so much a drama versus a comedy. Even the film version where she cries her eyes out for Big (when he leaves the wedding) had more laughs and joy.

I think if one episode was heavier and the other lighter it would be okay but I think that it has lost its sense of humor.

I do like that they are trying to expand coverage.

And in reference to killing their darlings (cough characters), it placed them in a position to continue sex in the city because now there has to be a search again for connection and new love interests, etc. So that was a plus.

I did catch the Miranda alcohol thing and I do see the set up.

I also caught that she had more chemistry with Che than with her hubby. I assume that's going to be Miranda's affair this time around :look: as she explores a relationship with Che. I may be wrong but it seems like she's just roommates with steve and they are trying to push her in another direction.

The only content character seems to be Charlette and she's a mess and no help when things go bad. I mean she turns it about her instead. So selfish :giggle: . How are you going to cry so much and not hold it together that you have to have help to a cab by the person who needs you?

This is where Samantha would step in and make things happen but that's where you feel the loss, knowing she's really gone. Kim Katrall would've made the scenes punch and even have you laugh even in the awkward, and in the sad.

I'm glad they stopped beating that drum btw and left it at the flowers. She's gone so stop reminding me! :) I can't spend another episode hearing about Samantha's petty stupid choices when there is no way that would be her personality :look: . It didn't seem feasible that she would cut off not only Carrie but all of them because Carrie cut off her publicity (nor do I think she'd do that to Carrie either unless there was some callousness to it that Carrie overlooked. But then the writers need to explore that). I agree it's better if they just had her go to Europe on a man prowl and even though they're implying covid is getting better, the various country lock downs has her missing things and sending flowers. Then just focus on the ladies left and stop it with the Samantha stuff. the more they harp on it, the more it's obvious she's needed.

I agree with everything mentioned so far about adding the minority characters in new positions. I am interested in where they will go with these characters. That is...if I keep watching. There are only so many dramas I choose to watch and this is not one of them. So i hope this starts to have a sense of humor even if it's layered. I don't watch these characters for the drama. I do appreciate that they've grown up but it doesn't have to mean that life is no longer fun. Miranda alone is going back to school and putting her foot in her mouth. Her usual quips aren't there. She could easily have joked about her awkwardness to her friends at least for some comic relief. I appreciate the awkwardness being there though as it needs to, but then it's the outlook on things that matters, and how the characters express themselves through the experience that changes things. That's what made the original so interesting and fun to watch.

Last edited:
Can we talk about Brady??? Why are they letting him shag his gf in the house like that? He's acting like a frat boy and not even trying to be discreet. It's gross. It's one thing to give your child a safe place to do what he's doing but the entitlement is way, way, way too much. He'd lose that privilege if it were me but I wouldn't be in that situation to begin with.

I definitely caught the chemistry between Miranda and Che. That'll be interesting to see unfold. I didn't think much of the alcohol scene initially. I chalked it up to nervousness about speaking at the funeral but thinking back on it she probably does have a problem. Who insists on special accommodations for drinking? They made a point of showing 2 scenes where she wanted a drink for stress relief so they're definitely hinting at something.

I'm not too mad at how they're handling the situation with Samantha. The reason is dumb but a falling out makes the most sense and perfectly explains her complete absence. Addressing it was better than acting like it was always a trio. There was only so much they could do with Kim Katrell opting out. Even if she'd left on good terms for a job overseas, the funeral would be reason for her to at least make a cameo via Skype or something which they can't do.

Definitely agree about the show not being funny. I'm hoping it'll get back to it's roots now that the tragedy is behind them. I wonder if they shot alternate episodes for the pilot. I read something over the summer about a leaked episode and how annoyed people were about that but it's not what we saw in the first two episodes. I almost posted it here but didn't want to ruin it for everybody. Maybe they put that out there to keep people guessing.

Can we talk about Brady??? Why are they letting him shag his gf in the house like that? He's acting like a frat boy and not even trying to be discreet. It's gross. It's one thing to give your child a safe place to do what he's doing but the entitlement is way, way, way too much. He'd lose that privilege if it were me but I wouldn't be in that situation to begin with.

I definitely caught the chemistry between Miranda and Che. That'll be interesting to see unfold. I didn't think much of the alcohol scene initially. I chalked it up to nervousness about speaking at the funeral but thinking back on it she probably does have a problem. Who insists on special accommodations for drinking? They made a point of showing 2 scenes where she wanted a drink for stress relief so they're definitely hinting at something.

I'm not too mad at how they're handling the situation with Samantha. The reason is dumb but a falling out makes the most sense and perfectly explains her complete absence. Addressing it was better than acting like it was always a trio. There was only so much they could do with Kim Katrell opting out. Even if she'd left on good terms for a job overseas, the funeral would be reason for her to at least make a cameo via Skype or something which they can't do.

Definitely agree about the show not being funny. I'm hoping it'll get back to it's roots now that the tragedy is behind them. I wonder if they shot alternate episodes for the pilot. I read something over the summer about a leaked episode and how annoyed people were about that but it's not what we saw in the first two episodes. I almost posted it here but didn't want to ruin it for everybody. Maybe they put that out there to keep people guessing.
To the bolded I thought WP :lol:, just a complete cultural difference here that is a no go for me. I am not interested in Sex in the city for minors :) . I am not interested in a 16-17 yr old going at it hard with his girlfriend while his parents try to ignore it in the next room. Nor do I want to see a minor engaging in a sex scene.

And I agree it's like he's in college the way he's banging his girlfriend against the wall in the next room to his parents with the head board smashing against the wall over and over with no regard. He's definitely not discreet. What happened to those who were having sex this young trying to quietly slip off into some area of the house when parents aren't looking or sneaking the girl into the bedroom and trying to quietly go at it versus banging up the head post so loud the parents hear in the next room and leaving used condoms.

This is a valid story line about trying to be so sexually "free" and giving such a safe space that you're now a friend instead of a parent. But then address it as such and stop with the visual sex scenes of minors. And same thing happened with Che. First of all, Miranda should not apologize even when she finds out who she is because Che was in the wrong. It's good that Che acknowledged that. But back to Brady:

When Miranda rolled up, he's at a funeral and he has the nerve to say he's smoking to calm himself when he rather be anywhere but there. AND there's no shame in his game again. He's not running off to smoke discreetly or grab a quick puff and roll out. He's standing out blatantly with Che and mad that his mother "embarrassed him". And they're treating him like an ordinary boy versus a problem child who wants attention. This could be a story line if Miranda dealt with it and pointed to the fact that she gets no help so now she's self-medicating (or even if it's implied) whereas Steve is still the little boy instead of parenting as he should.

And I agree I would not be in that situation to begin with. :look:

Yeah, I only thought about it after it was mentioned here, but it seems that she's always looking for alcohol no matter the time of the night or day.

I mean I guess. I think it could be way better. And Carrie seems to be the martyr again in life and with Samantha. And after the you know what scene (EPIC), it seems unlike Samantha to just send flowers. That's the least that would happen even if she were mad at them. They have too much history. I just thought it was lazy writing. But I do think they are giving a way for her to come back and join if she changes her mind so ...whatever.

Hmm, was the leaked episode at least funny? :lachen: But yeah, you can even write tragedy with some laughs. I know that even in real life I find a way to have a laugh even in the strangest places. I had a blood transfusion this week and was hospitalized and had the doctors and nurses (and some relatives) in stiches at random moments because I will point out the awkward with a deadpan delivery even in pain. Life is too funny, strange, not to. Some things that are universal and assumed can be funny just by acknowledging them. You can sit there sobbing or you can find humor in the strange, the awkward, and so on. They have too many writers to fail at this . You can still have the heaviness of the situation but still find some relief for the audience

Last edited:
View attachment 477431

You know, I thought about this as some ppl are silly! I thought they should've made it a random no name brand version of peloton and have the situation happen. But now who knows if they will be sued or whatever because ppl take tv so seriously now.

Last edited:
I mean I guess. I think it could be way better. And Carrie seems to be the martyr again in life and with Samantha. And after the you know what scene (EPIC), it seems unlike Samantha to just send flowers. That's the least that would happen even if she were mad at them. They have too much history. I just thought it was lazy writing. But I do think they are giving a way for her to come back and join if she changes her mind so ...whatever.

Hmm, was the leaked episode at least funny? :lachen: But yeah, you can even write tragedy with some laughs. I know that even in real life I find a way to have a laugh even in the strangest places. I had a blood transfusion this week and was hospitalized and had the doctors and nurses (and some relatives) in stiches at random moments because I will point out the awkward with a deadpan delivery even in pain. Life is too funny, strange, not to. Some things that are universal and assumed can be funny just by acknowledging them. You can sit there sobbing or you can find humor in the strange, the awkward, and so on. They have too many writers to fail at this . You can still have the heaviness of the situation but still find some relief for the audience
I should've said the script was leaked not the episode. I didn't see or read it either way.

The big story was that Big and Carrie were going through a messy divorce and fighting over money.

You can read about it online https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...-parker-leaked-sex-and-the-city-reboot-script

Yeah, I only thought about it after it was mentioned here, but it seems that she's always looking for alcohol no matter the time of the night or day.
You're right. I completely forgot about the scene where she brought wine into the recital. Drinking and outlandish stuff was so common in the original I didn't bat an eye at it. I almost felt it was justified given how seriously Charlotte was taking it. Also, no one batted an eye (aside from Charlotte) and LTW and her husband were drinking too. That part was funny. "He don't got this."
:lol:

I watched the second episode first accidentally bc one of my BFFs lets me use her HBOmax password and she was on episode 2. YALL. I was not ready, esp not after seeing the first episode. They prepped us for “it” episode 1 and I wouldn’t have been so shocked/sad.

Carrie is a murderer, we have decided it. Why the heck didn’t she call 911? Sitting there crying like a fool and the man was still alive! Also, super bad writing bc Big’s phone didn’t break and iPhones are water resistant. He could have called himself initially with his other arm…really lazy writing there. I get it is a show, but come on.

Peloton’s stock has been dropping for weeks since they missed subscriber estimates, ppl who don’t trade likely don’t know that, but the drop has been in alignment with the overall trend. That stock was in the $100s over the summer. Don’t think the show had much to do with any dip continuation…institutional investors don’t care and no one is giving up their Peloton over this show - I know I’m not lol

But SHEESH. Talk about a product placement from hell :lol:

I should've said the script was leaked not the episode. I didn't see or read it either way.

The big story was that Big and Carrie were going through a messy divorce and fighting over money.

You can read about it online https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ellendurney/sarah-jessica-parker-leaked-sex-and-the-city-reboot-
I watched the second episode first accidentally bc one of my BFFs lets me use her HBOmax password and she was on episode 2. YALL. I was not ready, esp not after seeing the first episode. They prepped us for “it” episode 1 and I wouldn’t have been so shocked/sad.

Carrie is a murderer, we have decided it. Why the heck didn’t she call 911? Sitting there crying like a fool and the man was still alive! Also, super bad writing bc Big’s phone didn’t break and iPhones are water resistant. He could have called himself initially with his other arm…really lazy writing there. I get it is a show, but come on.

Peloton’s stock has been dropping for weeks since they missed subscriber estimates, ppl who don’t trade likely don’t know that, but the drop has been in alignment with the overall trend. That stock was in the $100s over the summer. Don’t think the show had much to do with any dip continuation…institutional investors don’t care and no one is giving up their Peloton over this show - I know I’m not lol

I heard about the whole drop but I thought maybe it was bigger after the episode. I was listening to some show and someone mentioned that peleton was hot over CoVID and now that it's hopefully whining down, its stock is dropping by a lot (naturally). Basically people want to stay in shape and couldn't get to the gym but now they can.

I just thought maybe it didn't help (the episode) as was mentioned earlier.

It is definitely product placement from hell either way :giggle: .

Usually the show and the ladies (and anything they touch) is a kiss of life to the product but of course in this case nooo.

Last edited:

OMG I have to talk about your spoiler.
I was wondering why she didn't use the emergency glycerin tablet mentioned earlier, or call 911 and why did she pull said person in the water? He was at least sitting outside of it. She's crying and pulling him back into a situation.

I don't know why she thinks she would've helped to save said situation (trying to talk around it without spoiling it for everyone) if she were there when she's pointless.

I mean hello cpr? :fistshake: Anything? Calling the doorman who might know cpr? She's in a huge building with a lot of staff and help.

I just side eyed her.
At minimum she's the helpless wl at most she pretty much watched the light just go out without raging against the dying of the light and fighting. :lol: :look:

Last edited:

You can read about it online https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...-parker-leaked-sex-and-the-city-reboot-script
To me that would've crushed too many hearts. To me it would be perfect because I never thought of them as an ideal relationship fit anyways. She wants him soooo much, and he obliged her in the end and went after her when he thought she might leave the market. :lol: . Sure they love each other but I don't know if that's a good thing always because not all relationships are good for everyone involved.

But anyways instead of just completely breaking them up it could be a back and forth that sends them on another chase and release just like the original episode except this time it would be a will they or won't they (stay married). Basically, they could then have them struggle with if they can stay married...or not, while separated. The love is strong but Big doesn't realize how much he's taking from Carrie without compromising in the least. Perhaps it could be about something like having a child or something else (see my other post). Let's face it, Big was always pretty darn selfish, Carrie is single minded, and they were never a really good match. So they would have to learn how to be by now and Carrie could be the type to date others and have entanglements because they are "separated" thus pushing them further away

Last edited:
I am wondering if they're going to explore the "just us two" decision made with Big. I mean remember with the Russian, Carrie was upset and unsure if she could be with a guy who didn't want kids, but here comes Mr. Big and then she's lecturing people in the Sex and the City movie about how some people make some choices but they're happy making a choice not to have kids. More like she quickly jumped to whatever big wanted.

I mean after all they got married at a courthouse and ate at a Diner just to get his butt down the aisle. The hard dilemma with Alex seemed like no big deal and brushed under the rug with Big. So ...fast forward to after episode two.... is she still happy with life as it is? She has friends taking turn staying with her. Let's face it, they're all married with kids, and we know in real life they would not have time to do allladat. But fine let's go with their world....

was bending so far for any man, including that "BIG LOVE" (like she mentioned in previous episodes referring to Big and destiny) worth it. Like what does Carrie really want. for all we know she ends up adopting a kid in later episodes or something. It will be interesting to see if they take it there if she really did want kids but cut off her needs for a man. But it will be more interesting if they also explore the layers and reasons she did it as she comes to understand them herself. That is if she did want kids. But it seems like she didn't even explore those issues with Big. There's a lot to unpack and women in her age group still want love. Thus the idea of dating for the group is still out there.

So, there is so much they can do with that and the podcast. The idea of sexual tricks versus sexual connection. You can talk about being in a foursome all you want, but what does that mean for true intimacy and connection? Does that really make you sexually free or are you trapped in doing a million other things to please said person you're with and so on.

So, the new gen thinks they know more than her and at first, she's afraid to be politically incorrect ut then she's the OG on sex right?, so she needs to come into her own and be bold and brash about sex and love and what she's learned so far. That way they could have some really interesting dialogue. Because you can twirl from a pole, go to strip clubs with your man, and say you are binary all you want but what does it mean all in the end for connection. Sometimes people are chasing the new, unsual, or to be unique in some way and we chase that all the way to new terms. Not everything is an advancement.

Maybe I'm going too far but the point is, if you're going to put your foot in your mouth , she needs to do it without clutching her pearls about sex and sexuality because that is not the Carrie of her youth. AND if that's her now, that's something else to explore...how did she get here from there?

Last edited:
I think Carrie's awkwardness on the podcast is just a sign of the times. I have to revisit old SATC episodes to be sure but I don't recall it being so casually graphic. Talking about masturbating in public was never her style. I think talking about sex back then had shock value on it's own whereas now it's not enough. There has to be an angle or some twist to catch people's attention. Also, her point about writing about sex vs talking about sex is valid. She gathered her thoughts in private in the safety of her home and didn't have to worry about what others thought or whether she was exposing too much. Now she's talking about it in real time and is being coached on exposing things she doesn't even want to talk about. I'm sure she'll find her stride but this seems like another example of how all of them are getting older.

I think Carrie's awkwardness on the podcast is just a sign of the times. I have to revisit old SATC episodes to be sure but I don't recall it being so casually graphic. Talking about masturbating in public was never her style. I think talking about sex back then had shock value on it's own whereas now it's not enough. There has to be an angle or some twist to catch people's attention. Also, her point about writing about sex vs talking about sex is valid. She gathered her thoughts in private in the safety of her home and didn't have to worry about what others thought or whether she was exposing too much. Now she's talking about it in real time and is being coached on exposing things she doesn't even want to talk about. I'm sure she'll find her stride but this seems like another example of how all of them are getting older.
In the beginning it discussed sex more. And when people were graphic she'd make a joke if it was too much. But here she's acting like sex? Gah!

I mean they were discussing anal sex in the back of the cab not caring about the driver. And yes that's nothing now compared to everything else, but like Che said, shes' the OG. She acted like everything was no biggie and just went along with things. If she didn't like something she voiced it:

This is a good example of how Free she is with speaking about things and that was in her 30s and 40s. So now she's in her mid fifties, she can barely say the word sex :giggle: ? We need to either unpack how that happened, or realize the writers are a little lazy here just to make it about a generational gap. I mean there are some old ladies in their 80s in my family that will make you blush. They don't know about everything out there now but they will talk frankly, ask questions, voice when they're amazed about something and sometimes shock the crap out of me and my even younger cousins. And sure, there's the old one who won't speak about even her period but hey, I put Carrie in the other category. I thought she was going to end up the frank old lady in the end who you have to tell tmi and try to keep them outta your business :lol: . I'm like what's up with this new Carrie in a tight bun Jackie o Style hat barely able to communicate about sex?

Don't get me wrong, she may still feel the generational gap but I see Carrie talking about it frankly and awkwardly, and even commenting on the awkwardness. She might even say she wants to talk about sex as it relates to love and even pull the convo there and that could be the tension in the podcast. I could see that working too because I could see that they have higher ratings because she refuses to do exactly what they ask and as a result, others tune in unexpectedly from all demographics, so they keep her on. It's a way that they could keep the awkwardness but stay true to the character.

Last edited:
In the beginning it discussed sex more. And when people were graphic she'd make a joke if it was too much. But here she's acting like sex? Gah!

I mean they were discussing anal sex in the back of the cab not caring about the driver. And yes that's nothing now compared to everything else, but like Che said, shes' the OG. She acted like everything was no biggie and just went along with things. If she didn't like something she voiced it:

This is a good example of how Free she is with speaking about things and that was in her 30s and 40s. So now she's in her mid fifties, she can barely say the word sex :giggle: ? We need to either unpack how that happened, or realize the writers are a little lazy here just to make it about a generational gap. I mean there are some old ladies in their 80s in my family that will make you blush. They don't knowa bout everything out there now but they will talk frankly. I'm like what's up with this new Carrie in a tight bun Jackie o Style hat barely able to communicate about sex?

I get your point but can we really compare a conversation with your closest friends to talking with co-workers that you don't know that well on a podcast?

Out with Friends talking about Masturbation. Sure, Samantha is the most uninhibited but that doesn't mean she isn't used to this frank talk,.

Wanting to get laid and discussing it at dinner. Again no regard for who is around or whatever

:lol:

Last edited:
I am wondering if they're going to explore the "just us two" decision made with Big. I mean remember with the Russian, Carrie was upset and unsure if she could be with a guy who didn't want kids, but here comes Mr. Big and then she's lecturing people in the Sex and the City movie about how some people make some choices but they're happy making a choice not to have kids. More like she quickly jumped to whatever big wanted.

I mean after all they got married at a courthouse and ate at a Diner just to get his butt down the aisle. The hard dilemma with Alex seemed like no big deal and brushed under the rug with Big. So ...fast forward to after episode two.... is she still happy with life as it is? She has friends taking turn staying with her. Let's face it, they're all married with kids, and we know in real life they would not have time to do allladat. But fine let's go with their world....

was bending so far for any man, including that "BIG LOVE" (like she mentioned in previous episodes referring to Big and destiny) worth it. Like what does Carrie really want. for all we know she ends up adopting a kid in later episodes or something. It will be interesting to see if they take it there if she really did want kids but cut off her needs for a man. But it will be more interesting if they also explore the layers and reasons she did it as she comes to understand them herself. That is if she did want kids. But it seems like she didn't even explore those issues with Big. There's a lot to unpack and women in her age group still want love. Thus the idea of dating for the group is still out there.

So, there is so much they can do with that and the podcast. The idea of sexual tricks versus sexual connection. You can talk about being in a foursome all you want, but what does that mean for true intimacy and connection? Does that really make you sexually free or are you trapped in doing a million other things to please said person you're with and so on.

So, the new gen thinks they know more than her and at first, she's afraid to be politically incorrect ut then she's the OG on sex right?, so she needs to come into her own and be bold and brash about sex and love and what she's learned so far. That way they could have some really interesting dialogue. Because you can twirl from a pole, go to strip clubs with your man, and say you are binary all you want but what does it mean all in the end for connection. Sometimes people are chasing the new, unsual, or to be unique in some way and we chase that all the way to new terms. Not everything is an advancement.

Maybe I'm going too far but the point is, if you're going to put your foot in your mouth , she needs to do it without clutching her pearls about sex and sexuality because that is not the Carrie of her youth. AND if that's her now, that's something else to explore...how did she get here from there?
This post reminded me of the woman (Susan Sharon?) who made the comment about 'nobody remembering what a jerk he was to her' or something like that. They eventually got to their 'happily ever after' but it was a hard road. Idk if I see Carrie wanting a child but she definitely will need to redefine herself. So much of her life and pursuits revolved around Big. She's presumably a wealthy woman with two NYC apartments. She doesn't have to work. What will she do now? She has the freedom to discover herself, find true love, explore new passions, surprise herself, etc but she's also mourning the loss of her husband who was everything to her. Part of me wonders if maybe there are elements of truth in the leaked script.

Obviously there won't be a divorce but maybe the secretary will reveal some secret that'll involve his funds or have Carrie fighting over money with his exes. Maybe Big has a child somewhere. That would really force her to explore the child situation though it's more likely he had a mistress. Wasn't that why his other marriages failed? I think the link I posted about the leaked script mentioned one of his exes being spotted on the set. I think it's the one Carrie took to the hospital.

And what happened with Susan Sharon anyway? Samantha would've remembered. I just recall her being obnoxious.

I get your point but can we really compare a conversation with your closest friends to talking with co-workers that you don't know that well on a podcast?
Nah she does it with random people she's just met too. She's just open and curious to asking and answering questions. Big is a good example.

And let's face it, the last one I posted had her friends talking frankly about sex in the back of a Cab. She's also talking in front of the cabbie in that one. So it's not like she's trying to keep it in their ear shot only. I see it this way, she's pretty much turned into Charlotte of sex. She's all about appearance now when she used to not care so much about that when it came to sex.

I could see it being a little bit uncomfortable but not completely out of her depth with the podcast.

She used to go around interviewing various people that she's just met about sex including mr. big and that was just in public.

She met Big just once before and that was bumping into him while he helped her with her purse to pick up condoms and other things that spilled out. That was a quick street meeting. Next thing you know at their next meeting she's super frank, she's hopping in his car and talking about sex. He even asks if she's a hooker:

Last edited:
This post reminded me of the woman (Susan Sharon?) who made the comment about 'nobody remembering what a jerk he was to her' or something like that. They eventually got to their 'happily ever after' but it was a hard road. Idk if I see Carrie wanting a child but she definitely will need to redefine herself. So much of her life and pursuits revolved around Big. She's presumably a wealthy woman with two NYC apartments. She doesn't have to work. What will she do now? She has the freedom to discover herself, find true love, explore new passions, surprise herself, etc but she's also mourning the loss of her husband who was everything to her. Part of me wonders if maybe there are elements of truth in the leaked script.

Obviously there won't be a divorce but maybe the secretary will reveal some secret that'll involve his funds or have Carrie fighting over money with his exes. Maybe Big has a child somewhere. That would really force her to explore the child situation though it's more likely he had a mistress. Wasn't that why his other marriages failed? I think the link I posted about the leaked script mentioned one of his exes being spotted on the set. I think it's the one Carrie took to the hospital.

And what happened with Susan Sharon anyway? Samantha would've remembered. I just recall her being obnoxious.
I was wondering too what's going to happen like maybe he'll leave his money to charity. ALL of it. Like maybe he never considered that his wife might oh, need to live in the same level he's provided for her now.

Or maybe like you say there will be some type of money fight but she still has her apartment in her name, so that will send her right on

back to her original digs... while she's awaiting decisions. And then of course that will lead her to ponder how much she bent for this guy instead of protecting herself and demanding what she wants. Like you say she may not have wanted kids. Idk. I know she always wanted the option unlike samantha who we know just never wanted kids. So I just thought that might gbe interesting to explore.

I am curious what's going on with that secretary because there was no reason to bring her up like that or for Susan to say how horrible Big was to the secretary. I dk what's up with Susan Sharon. Off the top of my head: I guess she's talking about how Carrie agreed her hubby sucked as he was yelling at her on her birthday when she gave Carrie a present. And so she left him. I remember they got back together at the end and a dog (Charlotte's) helped cement the relationship. Maybe she still blames Carrie for the fact that she left her hubby (separated) even though that was her decision. And I still don't know what mean thing Big did to the secretary. can't remember.

I thought she was talking about Big and Carrie not Big and the secretary but I probably need to rewatch.

I remember Susan Sharon now. I bet she convinced herself that it was all Carrie's fault that she left her husband. I vaguely remember them having a casual conversation and then Susan telling Carrie that she'd left him. Carrie thought they were just talking and this woman made a life change based on that conversation. Didn't she crash at Carrie's place temporarily? I remember it becoming Carrie's problem but I'm fuzzy on the details. I wonder if they're still married.

Also, I still think Carrie's openness with talking about sex was situational. I'm not saying she was a prude when she wasn't around her friends but she only engaged in those conversations with people she was familiar with. Big was different because she was interested in him. Of course she brought up sex. Didn't she also wear the nude colored 'naked' dress? She knew what she was doing with Big.

She just met these people she's doing the podcast with and she's not comfortable with podcasts. All of it's out of her comfort zone, she's not in control of the narrative, and whatever she says will be out there forever. Also, she's older than the others so there's a very real age gap that makes her a little standoffish. It's odd given that her career was about sex but I kind of get it. They didn't work their way up to the masturbation conversation. It came out of the blue and they were like, "Go!"

OMG I have to talk about your spoiler. I was wondering why she didn't use the emergency glycerin tablet mentioned earlier, or call 911 and why did she pull said person in the water? He was at least sitting outside of it. She's crying and pulling him back into a situation.

I don't know why she thinks she would've helped to save said situation (trying to talk around it without spoiling it for everyone) if she were there when she's pointless.

I mean hello cpr? :fistshake: Anything? Calling the doorman who might know cpr? She's in a huge building with a lot of staff and help.

I just side eyed her. At minimum she's the helpless wl at most she pretty much watched the light just go out without raging against the dying of the light and fighting. :lol: :look:
Girl, you/we (cc: @Black Ambrosia you too lmao) need to “spoiler” all this, unless we are just doing whatever now…I feel bad bc the OP isn’t about reviewing the new show and I don’t want anyone caught off guard & it ruined for them…bc it is def a shocker if you’re in the dark…

And I do agree with your post for sure. I was so lost! Such a dumb, horrible thing to do. Murderaaaaaaa *Rihanna voice* :lol:

Last edited:
Girl, you/we (cc: @Black Ambrosia you too lmao) need to “spoiler” all this, unless we are just doing whatever now…I feel bad bc the OP isn’t about reviewing the new show and I don’t want anyone caught off guard & it ruined for them…bc it is def a shocker if you’re in the dark…

And I do agree with your post for sure. I was so lost! Such a dumb, horrible thing to do. Murderaaaaaaa *Rihanna voice* :lol:
How long do we use spoilers though? The first two episodes are out.

So I watched the first episode with my friend on Friday. So many things vexed us up about the original show and so we were here for the self-induced pain of the reboot. :lol:

Your spoiler is bang on.

I said to my friend that if this was a different show, we'd be waiting to see how she was going to scam insurance and collect her money.

Between her waiting for what felt like a full minute to see if he was going to die, her rushing over to him and then not turning off the water, then almost looking like she was purposely trying to pull him under the shower in some shots, and then not using his phone. Please. Something ain't looking right.

Also her and the podcast. I can't buy any of it. She was supposed to be some big sex columnist who sold a book worldwide. BUT she can't talk about it? Also, you can't claim generation gap. I think Che refers to themself as Carrie's boss in the first episode. So I'm assuming that either Carrie was approached or she applied for the job. This isn't a one off, which means she knew what she was walking into. To pretend you weren't going to hear crass masturbation stories is far fetched. And then knot knowing if Big masturbates? They got married in the 2008 movie. Like, really, 13 years later and you have to ask?! AND you're a sex writer? Nope. Not buying it.

But the thing that really got me was how they explained Sam's lack of presence on the show. It felt like all sorts of levels of shade. IF I were Kim Catrall and I thought some tiny chance that I'd give this reboot a chance, there would be no way in hell that I'd do it now. I didn't follow their beef, but did watch an interview a couple of weeks ago and I feel like SJP aired all of their dirty laundry and called it a script. I still don't know what the rumoured problem was between the two, but as Kim says in the interview, the show was a job and their relationship is real life.

It's unfortunate, because I think that Kim would have still looked the best out of the 4 despite the show being so old and her being that much older than the rest.

Back