Who's your favorite Sex and the City boyfriend?

Pick one:

• Big

Votes: 17 14.2%
  • Aiden

Votes: 54 45.0%
  • Berger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aleksandr Petrovsky

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Trey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harry

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Richard Wright

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Smith

Votes: 20 16.7%
  • Steve

Votes: 19 15.8%
  • Robert

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For all the pro Aidan people...but do you really think Carrie would have been happy with him? Or even, him happy with her?

IRL, I'm kind of untraditional and I've tried to force myself to be something else and make it work bc the guy was the "good guy". I was miserable and so was he.

No. It's a fairytale. Carrie will not be happy "happy" until she see's where things go with Big. In a sense, she will never be truly happy b/c I doubt that IRL things would ultimately work out between Carrie & Big.

Also, Aiden wasn't just some random "good guy" in Carrie's life. The way the script was written, she was in love with him. She just wasn't ready to commit & I think Big's constant mind games had a lot to do with that. She was obsessed with him.

Women do that all the time. They pass up the real thing to chase an unrealistic fantasy. It's sad b/c that type of journey is bound to end in regret & disappointment.

This is just a show :look: lol. But it's nice to analyze.

Also, Aiden wasn't just some random "good guy" in Carrie's life. The way the script was written, she was in love with him.

Yeah, this is one thing I never understood about SATC. They wanted us to believe she really loved Aidan (which was more believable the first time around at least, and that she just got caught between two men and she loved them both). But the second time around, she just looked like she was making up excuses and they still wanted us to believe she really wanted to be with him. We all know if Big had asked to marry her she would have jumped on it in a heartbeat, so why were we supposed to believe she just wasn't ready to marry Aidan? The only reason she didn't was because she didn't want to. It always seemed like to me Carrie never loved Aidan in the same way that he loved her because she walked over him too easily.

By the end of the series when Carrie and Big were friends and got along much better, it was easier to like Big. But when they were in a relationship, he was a withholding creep, and Carrie was a lameass drama queen who had no dignity.

^^^I don't mean that he was "random". Just wasn't the one for her. Aidan wanted the kids and the dogs, the farmhouse and to post up and eat KFC. I don't think it was just about Big. He just wasn't Carrie's style long term and they wanted different things.

^^^I don't mean that he was "random". Just wasn't the one for her. Aidan wanted the kids and the dogs, the farmhouse and to post up and eat KFC. I don't think it was just about Big. He just wasn't Carrie's style long term and they wanted different things.

Idk... I didn't get that. Farmhouse? He bought the apartment next door & was going to build her the dream grand NYC apartment she always wanted.

The problem was that Aiden was too easy. Everything was too perfect. He wasn't a challenge. Carrie found passion in drama. I know a few women like that :ohwell:

Idk... I didn't get that. Farmhouse? He bought the apartment next door & was going to build her the dream grand NYC apartment she always wanted.

The problem was that Aiden was too easy. Everything was too perfect. He wasn't a challenge. Carrie found passion in drama. I know a few women like that :ohwell:

I believe she was making reference to Aidan's country house.

I believe she was making reference to Aidan's country house.

Oh ok, thanks. My interpretation still stands though. I don't think the writers had her leaving him b/c he was some country bumpkin & she wasn't. They even had an episode where Carrie compared Aiden to Big... Carrie wanted drama & Aiden was too easy.

The problem was that Aiden was too easy. Everything was too perfect. He wasn't a challenge. Carrie found passion in drama. I know a few women like that:ohwell:

This. :yep:

Even though he was my fav, Carrie wasn't the best for him, not the other way around, IMO.

I also love Harry for Charlotte and Steve for Miranda.

Aiden Aiden Aiden

The episodes where she mistreats him piss me off so much. Like seriously annoy me.

In the movie Aiden would have let her enjoy her weddin g, not have her wear some off the rack skirt suit to make him feel better. Ugh

The Best for each woman:

Aiden for Carrie (Mr Big was an *** to Carrie and his wife that he cheated on with Carrie :sad:)

Steve for Miranda (just what this high powered woman needed to mellow her out)

Smith for Samantha (hot, beutiful, and he really loved her )

I'm not crazy about Harry, but Charlotte is living her dream with him

I never bought the idea that Robert and Miranda (but..... hot black men hook up with less attractive white women ALL the time in real life) so why was I surprised! :spinning:

Smith - all day every day. He loved Samantha and stuck with her through her cancer. I didn't like the way Samantha treated him, but with him she grew and challenged her intimacy issues. Aiden was amazing, but he and Carrie were doomed from start. She was so lucky to heave him, I still can't believe that she gave him up for Big. :nono:

What is romantic about a man who constantly rejects you? I once heard a guy say the best way to get a woman is to ignore her, I guess he was right.

I liked Aidan, Harry and Smith.

Aiden! But I guess I'm only choosing him because I want a man like him. :lol: He was in no way a good match for Carrie but he was such a sweetheart! And so was Harry. He wasn't the best looking but he was hilarious and adorable. Awwww :love:

Smith Jerrod was so good for Samantha. Stuck through all the problems and everything. And Steve! He's the ying to her yang. Love them.

Big can just stick with Carrie. He always knew when to come back in her life at the worst possible times. I guess their need for drama makes them deserve each other.

Aidan was my favorite. Nothing like a sensitive man that can work with his wood!!!

I LOVE Steve because he softened up Miranda. He just accepted her as she was. Always a sweetie.

Harry wasn't cute, but he did teach Charlotte about the meaning of true love (I'm a lot like Charlotte.... looking for perfection. I would NEVER give a short, fat, bald guy a chance though! LOL!!!)

I didn't like Big, but the whole relationship thing wasn't his fault. He ALWAYS made it clear that he was a jerk and Carrie kept falling for it. Getting the fairy tale ending was stupid.

They should make a SATC 3 (to recover from 2) and Big will go back to being himself. A guy like him would NEVER settle down. Carrie was always a selfish, spoiled Brat!!!

My favorite boyfriends were those that made the ladies evolve from the expected. Even Smith changed Samantha (favorite scene: elevator scene after Sam gets her freak on with Richard)

Even Smith changed Samantha (favorite scene: elevator scene after Sam gets her freak on with Richard)

Yeah, that's another reason why I voted for Smith. Any other man would have bailed on that alone, and too stay for the cancer too. Dang.

Aidan was my favorite. Nothing like a sensitive man that can work with his wood!!!

:giggle: SATC post of the day!

(Eta: Someone voted for Aleksandr Petrovsky. Really voter?)

Aiden. He was sweet, forgiving, sexy, had money, an easy personality, could build things & do home improvements. . .

I hated Carrie for a while after Aiden. She wanted to be mistreated so she got Big who will eventually go back to being himself. Big liked to win. Whenever Carrie wasn't available he was really interested. IRL, he would end up with the next hot thing - some women who is hot & convenient so that he can have her without the guilt of chasing her.
Before the Russian got all slap happy, he was working hard at being her Prince Charming until Carrie said it was too much. She deserved Big, not my sweet Aiden.

Women do that all the time. They pass up the real thing to chase an unrealistic fantasy. It's sad b/c that type of journey is bound to end in regret & disappointment.

This is just a show :look: lol. But it's nice to analyze.

This is waay more than a show :look: Sounds like my life! :ohwell:

Aiden all day!!!!:yep:

I love steve and smith but I also really liked Harry, he made Charlotte more appealing to me and I thought he was adorable. Never liked big, but I love how Chris North played him though.

I liked Steve until the cheating in the movie...even though Miranda was treating him like crap.

Big is great for fun and games - money, nice cars, no strings but he is a royal a-hole and it makes me so mad that they got married in the movie. Such B.S.

Samantha and Smith was great, but I felt the movie was true to Samantha's character by having her leave him.

Aleksander was just not attractive to me at all. And it made me mad that Carrie hated his romantic gestures. But are we forgetting how he treated her in Paris and especially that he HIT her? Or tried to? I don't recall.

Aidan is perfect. I just hate that he let Carrie walk all over him. C'mon, the smoking, cheating, inviting Big to the cabin etc

I <3 Harry. Such a sweetheart.

Although my head (and eyes) say BIG (I love him and hate him at the same time), my heart says Harry all the way:) He totally worshipped the ground Charlotte walked on.

Back