Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

My hair is just to thin to rock the blow out look. I did a bantu knot out on my blow dried hair and it looked a scraggaly ashy HAM! I think i might try natural rollersetting again but this time use gel. My hair seems to want to just puff and act like a goat butt

Taking tender, love, and care of my edges!

Washing my edges then applying my growth mix (Dr.miracles, JBCO, & peppermint oil).

Week 3 of my weave and I haven't washed it due to the fact it's cheap hair and I'm scared of the outcome. Been able to wash my scalp though, my weave looks greasy but I keep it in a ponytail.

I need BSL to come already like right now!!!

I found it weird that I went to two different BSS and both didn't have my leave in (the second store had one bottle left). Normally there's plenty of it so I have to wonder what's going on.

Sent from my Sidekick 4G using LHCF

My hair hasnt stopped shedding since I had my son 2 years ago... Its bad and my hair is markedly thinner than a few years ago, pretty sad...

I haven’t tried anything yet. Ive been trying to explain it away since I don’t really comb my hair everyday anymore, I wear my hair in braid outs and ponys very often and have probably gone a week or more with no combing

I used to never be able to see through the bottom of my hair like this..

IMG_0340.jpg

my recent shedding was similar to this – This pic is from 2006 …

shedding.jpg

Then Im looking through some old pics and my hair doesn’t look that different thickness wise.. Maybe Im tripping!

my braid n curl came out really nice. so less product=dry by the morning due to sleeping underneath the ceiling fan.

I need to learn to take hair pics by myself so that I can get more pics taken. DH isn't a willing photographer a year into this HJ..boo to him!

Last time I detangled well, I put my hair in several braids to stretch my ng and avoid tangles. Unbraiding to remove sheds, moisturize and rebraid. STILL finding tangles but, you know what? I'm doing too much. I just braided the hair back up WITH the tangles in. Hmph. I just don't even feel like it. Not ta-day. :nono:

My hair addiction/ hair board addiction is resurging. Time for a self-inflected intervention, i.e, hiatus! ....maybe for the whole summer...now that would be an accomplishment for me!

Ulta has a complimentary blowout and style with Fekkai. I wonder if I show up in with my two day old twist out if they will hook me up. :look:

I am three weeks post relaxer and I tried the Joico KPak shampoo and conditioner again today. It was awesome, no tangles, no stripped feeling after using the shampoo. What a change from the last time I used it a few weeks ago.

gotta do a trim, but my roots have reverted because it was 42 degrees yesterday. Way too lazy to re-straighten my roots.

EllePixie, please by all means, butt right on in. I love input. How many garlic pills were you taking daily? I will take my first round of garlic pills tonight. I conducted research online and it seems that garlic pills can thin the blood. I'm not on any blood thinners or anything but to be cautious, I thought to take 2 pills daily. My bottle allows up to 3 pills daily.

AlliCat, thanks for the input.

KhandiB, your hair looks great. My hair doesn't appear thinner (yet) by no means but I just think my shedding is going on a little longer than normal.

Myjourney2009, I have found my combs of choice - the ouidad detangling comb and an afro pick. havilland and I were speaking about texlaxed hair and she suggested using an afro pick. I purchased one for like $1 from the BSS and it works great. I can't wait to see how it manages through the ng when I start to have a good showing.

@Myjourney2009 I've been doing this since the beginning of my HHJ my shower comb is pretty much my all purpose comb, love it :yep:

halee_J

I wish I had known about it at my beg. it would have saved me much heartache.

I happened to pick it up a few months ago because it was closest to me at the time. When I went back to my reg. comb later on I could tell a major difference.

The shower comb feels almost seamless

Just wanted to publicly thank Nonie for saving myself and a 3 year old girl years of heartache by teaching her mom how to do 2 strand twists:yep:. Just finished washing and re-twisting a few strands - we even had a pleasant chat during this....that NEVER HAPPENS!!!

i tried the argan eco styler and they finally got it right wit the scent! i may go back to using gels! lets see how hard this dries

EllePixie, please by all means, butt right on in. I love input. How many garlic pills were you taking daily? I will take my first round of garlic pills tonight. I conducted research online and it seems that garlic pills can thin the blood. I'm not on any blood thinners or anything but to be cautious, I thought to take 2 pills daily. My bottle allows up to 3 pills daily.

divachyk I took two in the morning with my multivitamins and never had any issues. I liked the coated pills better than the gel caps - initially those taste just like garlic and if you burp, you can taste it! No bueno.

Your hair is clearly a type 1 or 2 while mine is a 4 and thicker yet you seem to think your regimen of Perfect for Perms & a headband is all I need in my life. And why the heck are you relaxing for? Your hair is already straight!

@EllePixie and @AlliCat my biggest fear is would the shedding be like whoa when I come off the pills. EllePixie, know you mentioned you've experienced a slight increase but nothing to panic over. Although I did take two pills today, I'm still not 100% sure on the decision and will likely weigh my options further before taking any more pills. I'mma chicken.

@EllePixie and @AlliCat my biggest fear is would the shedding be like whoa when I come off the pills. EllePixie, know you mentioned you've experienced a slight increase but nothing to panic over. Although I did take two pills today, I'm still not 100% sure on the decision and will likely weigh my options further before taking any more pills. I'mma chicken.

divachyk Yea, it's nothing drastic but like I said I might start taking them again. I threw away my shed hair from last week (after being in twists/twist out) all week, otherwise I'd take a pic and show you, lol. It was about the size of a smaller bouncy ball (not the huge ones).

Back