Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Moving in 3 days and trying to leave my hair alone until then! Packed all my products up in a box its driving me crazy :nono:

I'm really wondering why I stopped buying hempseed oil. My hair loved that stuff... Since I'm back to bunning I think I will re-up.

FINALLY got a chance to wash my hair today after being attacked by salt water on vacation. My curls probably wanted to kill me, but honestly...they looked pretty freakin good!

I have like 1-2 inches, in some places 3 inches of rough hair. I want to cut it off, because I hate the feeling of the hair but I don't want to lose that much length. Maybe I should wait until I reach BSL.

In search of a really good leave-in for relaxed hair.

Primarily for wearing my hair straight and roller sets. I think I will go with lacio lacio, since I want to give Dominican products a shot :yep:

I wanna do a braid out tonight now that I can finally do them. How do yall do it (on dry hair)?

I've never done it on dry hair but I think I remember seeing a few YouTube videos on it. I'll see if I can find them and come back to update.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF app

I'm usually not into doing things like this, but when I go home at the end of June I kind of want to straighten my hair so everyone can see how much longer it is... :look:

In search of a really good leave-in for relaxed hair.

Primarily for wearing my hair straight and roller sets. I think I will go with lacio lacio, since I want to give Dominican products a shot :yep:

@Curlybeauty lacio lacio is a great choice. I don't use mine often (because it's expensive and it smells like straight perfume). I use it to moisturize when my hair is flat ironed. I think you'll love it :yep:

Last edited:
So glad my local BSS started stocking my favorite halfwig (sensationnel 7047). Now I don't have to venture to the west end :yay:

I'm content with my stash. It has everything I need except for a moisturizing DC. That reminds me I need to pick up that Kenra MC soon...

Finished a bottle of biotin

I've been using black cumin seed oil for my skin but I think I might start using for my hair too. Think I'll start adding it to my conditioner/oil treatment regimen on Friday nights.:yep:

Hiding my hair for a week was much needed. My hair feels healthier and is retaining moisture. I plan on getting braided up again soon

Last relaxer I underprocessed the roots of my bangs. So now the new growth is coming back with a vengeance :ohwell:

Traycee cut her hip length hair to MBL and is thinking about cutting to BSL. I can't believe it lol...i'm sure her ends look perfect. And her hubby cut her hair for her...adorable

RT on shedding:

RT 1 - I sometimes shed enough to make a barbie doll wig. Tonight was one of those moments.

RT2 - I might should consider combing a little more frequent because the shedding I experience whenever I do comb sometimes panics me but then I have to remind myself that not combing daily is to blame.

RT3 - I sometimes feel like combing prompts/increases shedding. My hair sheds very minimal when running my fingers through it to finger comb and/or when styling. Boy o boy when I comb, the shedding becomes like whoa. I know it's shedding because I check for the bulb.

RT4 - Will use AE Garlic weekly until my shedding calms down.

RT on shedding:

RT 1 - I sometimes shed enough to make a barbie doll wig. Tonight was one of those moments.

RT2 - I might should consider combing a little more frequent because the shedding I experience whenever I do comb sometimes panics me but then I have to remind myself that not combing daily is to blame.

RT3 - I sometimes feel like combing prompts/increases shedding. My hair sheds very minimal when running my fingers through it to finger comb and/or when styling. Boy o boy when I comb, the shedding becomes like whoa. I know it's shedding because I check for the bulb.

RT4 - Will use AE Garlic weekly until my shedding calms down.

divachyk have you thought about taking garlic pills?

AlliCat, no I haven't. I have some and might do that. Do you take them? Have you noticed a benefit? My hair sheds in cycles. This cycle seems to last a bit longer than normal.

Shashahttp://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=8888685 I use a creamy moisturizer (like cantu shea butter) to moisturize each section, braid it up, and put perm rods on the ends. In the morning I take it down with a light oil

That's pretty much what I wound up doing. I used some Shea Moisture something or the other and put flexirods on the ends (too lazy to grab my perm rods or find my satin rollers lol). Hopefully it turns out well :yep:

@AlliCat, no I haven't. I have some and might do that. Do you take them? Have you noticed a benefit? My hair sheds in cycles. This cycle seems to last a bit longer than normal.

divachyk AlliCat Pardon me butting in...just wanted to say that I started taking garlic pills at the beginning of my HHJ (probably around the fall of 2009), and I've always had minimal shedding - almost too minimal for me because my hair is already thick and as it grows it gets thicker. So I stopped taking them about 2-3 weeks ago and I've started to notice an increase in shedding (nothing excessive though). Now, I'm not sure if this is coincidental and my hair has started spring shedding or something, but I might start taking them again b/c it kind of freaks me out, even though the minimal shedding freaked me out as well. I guess the grass is always greener...

I refuse to relax before my 12 week stretch is done (I'm at week 8).

I refuse to flat iron or blow dry ANY part of my hair.

I'm come so far I can't give in now.

Lemme start this braidout...

Sighs? I'm watching YT for styles using banana clips. Does it really takes 7 minutes to put a banana clip in your hair? Goodness...

At a loss on what to do to my hair. I dont want to use too much heat & dont want too much manipulation on my strands. Let's see how this wash n go looks tomorrow.

Back