Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I am on a quest to simplify down my products.
So far I'm sold on the Aussie Moist line for my shampoo, conditioner, and light DC....
a more moisture rich DC, Silk Elements has me down.
I'm good on leave-ins with any silicone based, fruity smelling randomness that catches my eye, lol.
Elasta QP Foam Wrap, Aphogee 2 minute for Protein, and castor oil/Island Oil mix for random scalp oiling, Fantasia Heat Protectant.
I'm rather proud of this. Took a long time, but I'm finally really over the whole product junkieness.

Uuuugghhh I really need to take my tail to bed. 4:30am is going to be here and I am going to hate going to workout BOOOOOOoooo

I am three weeks post relaxer and I tried the Joico KPak shampoo and conditioner again today. It was awesome, no tangles, no stripped feeling after using the shampoo. What a change from the last time I used it a few weeks ago.

Yeppers!! I used this at home to wah my hair at 5 wks past and my NG is so soft. Upped my HIH disease. No tangles, shiny hair, my color is poppin, girl....

Sent from my MyTouch 4G

I really need to redo my twists...its been a few days and i am strongly thinkn about makin me a wig 2mrrw...hmm cheaper yet time consuming..o the decisions sigh..

Last edited:
I forgot how much I really loved wet bunning. I did it all last summer while I was transitioning and now that I can finally put my hair in a bun; I think this will be my go to style all summer. I was going to learn how to perfect my wash n go, but it just takes entirely too long to dry.

Last edited:
Today's braidout is infinitely better than one I had yesterday. I learned the hard way that you aren't supposed to really separate the sections once you take your braids out. I also used some oil at the ends so my ends aren't looking too bad and I was able to locate my satin rollers.

Practice makes perfect :)

Attachments

• IMG00254-20110602-0626.jpg
    IMG00254-20110602-0626.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    526 KB · Views: 25
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    518.8 KB · Views: 23
Today's braidout is infinitely better than one I had yesterday. I learned the hard way that you aren't supposed to really separate the sections once you take your braids out. I also used some oil at the ends so my ends aren't looking too bad and I was able to locate my satin rollers.

It looks great!!

How did you get these results? Products?

And does anyone have a favorite Dominican deep conditioner?

I have so many products I want to use and a whole bunch more that need to be used up.

I think I will throw many out, because I can't keep sacrificing hair care to use up some crap.

I am on a quest to simplify down my products.
So far I'm sold on the Aussie Moist line for my shampoo, conditioner, and light DC....
a more moisture rich DC, Silk Elements has me down.
I'm good on leave-ins wirth any silicone based, fruity smelling randomness that catches my eye, lol.
Elasta QP Foam Wrap, Aphogee 2 minute for Protein, and castor oil/Island Oil mix for random scalp oiling, Fantasia Heat Protectant.
I'm rather proud of this. Took a long time, but I'm finally really over the whole product junkieness.
Rocky91

I swear our hair has to be related because we both love the same products. Everything you mentioned besides the Silk Elements is a staple of mine. I used to swear by Fantasia HP until I tried the ORS HP and it spread easier and had more "slip".

It looks great!!

How did you get these results? Products?

And does anyone have a favorite Dominican deep conditioner?

Thanks!

I did my braid out on dry hair

I wound up putting 6 braids total in my hair

All I really did was put a thick/creamy moisturizer on my hair (Shea Organics Curl and Style Milk) and braided my hair into medium sized braids. I placed a satin roller at the ends so my ends wouldn't be straight. Once that was done, I sprayed a little bit of Shea Moisture Hold and Shine Moisture Mist.

This morning I undid my braids using a little bit of oil ( I had some Africa's Best Herbal Oil on hand for some reason) and really made an effort not to separate the braids too much. Braidouts are easy as pie and I love them!

Oh and Silicon Mix is my fave Dominican conditioner...hands down! :yep:

I need to learn to take hair pics by myself so that I can get more pics taken. DH isn't a willing photographer a year into this HJ..boo to him!

I would say use the timer on camera...and one of those really cool flexible bendy tripods to hold the camera could help you get a good angle...maybe that would work for getting good defined pics without breaking your neck. :)

I want a braidout bun that is full and thick. I'm probably going to have to do so huge braids, so I can get the hair in a pony to begin with :look:

Then just fake the funk with some pins and some creativity...

Rocky91

I swear our hair has to be related because we both love the same products. Everything you mentioned besides the Silk Elements is a staple of mine. I used to swear by Fantasia HP until I tried the ORS HP and it spread easier and had more "slip".

naturalTAN, oh for real?? good stuff. I don't find too many naturals who use the same products as me, silicone laden, sulfate full, and all. :lol:
If it was a few months ago, I would go out and try the ORS HP, but I'm a new woman now.
Lemme make a note of it just in case....:look:

naturalTAN, oh for real?? good stuff. I don't find too many naturals who use the same products as me, silicone laden, sulfate full, and all. :lol:
If it was a few months ago, I would go out and try the ORS HP, but I'm a new woman now.
Lemme make a note of it just in case....:look:

Rocky91
I tried to do the whole sls/silicone-free thing and couldn't stand it for too long. I had to get back to my Aussie. I try not to go too deep into ingredients and just focus on what my hair responds positively to and that so happens to be silicones and sulfates. I recommend the line to literally everyone who asks me for hair advice and they all love it.

@Rocky91
I tried to do the whole sls/silicone-free thing and couldn't stand it for too long. I had to get back to my Aussie. I try not to go too deep into ingredients and just focus on what my hair responds positively to and that so happens to be silicones and sulfates. I recommend the line to literally everyone who asks me for hair advice and they all love it.

Heck I didn't even ask for advice and you have me wanting to try it out :lachen:

@NikkiQ

I'm not one to push products (:look:), but you should give it a try. Even if you didn't like it, you would only be spending a few dollars.

I already have a bottle of Aussie Moist to try out for cowashing, but I've been kinda saving it til the bottom of my stash.

I already have a bottle of Aussie Moist to try out for cowashing, but I've been kinda saving it til the bottom of my stash.

I know the feeling. I wasted money on two liter sizes of the new humectress formula and I cannot wait to finish it. I said that I would use it all before I would let myself buy more Aussie, but that did not work because the deep conditioner was on sale for $2.84. :ohwell:

- hmm,took out my crochets and my hair air-dryed so soft with no product. I think washing in cornrows helped since it's nice and stretched

- hoping I can get at least two more weeks out of these cornrows under my wig

Going stateside in 2 weeks! :yay: Sally's, Ulta, whole foods, Tarjay, BSS everywhere: I'm comin' fer ya! PJ on da loose :grin:

shasha8685
Your hair is beautiful! and your skin....wow. Simply flawless. :love:

**mini rant**

"Your hair is so pretty"

Thank you!! (always my response)

However...the hair that people keep complimenting is not MY hair. It's a messy curly fall that looks like it's growing out of my scalp, especially when wearing a headband. I've been purchasing this fall for about 3 years, and people on the streets think it's my hair.

My initial intent for wearing this fall was for protective styling and limiting heat--plus convenience of a quick style on bad hair days. Somehow a few weeks turned into 3 years. It started with daily bunning, then I progressed into the fall.

I had to break down and tell 'everyday folk' at the job that it wasn't my hair. Mainly because I felt guilty thanking people for hair that isn't mine.

My own hair that's growing out of my scalp--not purchased from beautyofnewyork for $21.99, is actually 4b,and braided underneath a satin cap, and a wig cap.
I LOVE my own hair, but I haven't relaxed it in so long that it's nearly 100% natural now. I can even make a super puff!

I'm getting my hair relaxed in a few weeks and most likely cut. I'm a little nervous, because for 3 years, I've just washed my hair every two weeks, conditioned it, braided it up and slapped a wig atop it. I've had it flat ironed and trimmed a couple of times, but that's the extent of it all.

Basically I've become hair lazy.
But it's time for me to let 'Monroe' go (that's her name) and transition back into my own hair.
It's way overdue because I should have done this a long time ago. Plus wearing a satin cap, a wig cap, a wig and a headband is kinda hot in this 90 degree weather.

I'm gearing up for the 'you got your hair cut' speech from others.
Maybe I'll buy another and keep her in a glass case to break for emergency use only.

**end rant**

**mini rant**

"Your hair is so pretty"

Thank you!! (always my response)

However...the hair that people keep complimenting is not MY hair. It's a messy curly fall that looks like it's growing out of my scalp, especially when wearing a headband. I've been purchasing this fall for about 3 years, and people on the streets think it's my hair.

My initial intent for wearing this fall was for protective styling and limiting heat--plus convenience of a quick style on bad hair days. Somehow a few weeks turned into 3 years. It started with daily bunning, then I progressed into the fall.

I had to break down and tell 'everyday folk' at the job that it wasn't my hair. Mainly because I felt guilty thanking people for hair that isn't mine.

My own hair that's growing out of my scalp--not purchased from beautyofnewyork for $21.99, is actually 4b,and braided underneath a satin cap, and a wig cap.
I LOVE my own hair, but I haven't relaxed it in so long that it's nearly 100% natural now. I can even make a super puff!

I'm getting my hair relaxed in a few weeks and most likely cut. I'm a little nervous, because for 3 years, I've just washed my hair every two weeks, conditioned it, braided it up and slapped a wig atop it. I've had it flat ironed and trimmed a couple of times, but that's the extent of it all.

Basically I've become hair lazy.
But it's time for me to let 'Monroe' go (that's her name) and transition back into my own hair.
It's way overdue because I should have done this a long time ago. Plus wearing a satin cap, a wig cap, a wig and a headband is kinda hot in this 90 degree weather.

I'm gearing up for the 'you got your hair cut' speech from others.
Maybe I'll buy another and keep her in a glass case to break for emergency use only.

**end rant**

Ummmmm, so can we see a pic of Monroe?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

Thanks!

I did my braid out on dry hair

I wound up putting 6 braids total in my hair

All I really did was put a thick/creamy moisturizer on my hair (Shea Organics Curl and Style Milk) and braided my hair into medium sized braids. I placed a satin roller at the ends so my ends wouldn't be straight. Once that was done, I sprayed a little bit of Shea Moisture Hold and Shine Moisture Mist.

This morning I undid my braids using a little bit of oil ( I had some Africa's Best Herbal Oil on hand for some reason) and really made an effort not to separate the braids too much. Braidouts are easy as pie and I love them!

Oh and Silicon Mix is my fave Dominican conditioner...hands down! :yep:

2nd day braidouts are the best :yep:

I finally figured out how to connect my laptop to the innanets at school :yay:

Last night I had a dream that I was in the most amazing BSS ever. It had everything I could ever dream of. I was about to purchase gallon sizes of elucence MB poo and con. Mind you I have never even tried these products before. you know you're addicted to hair care when :drunk:

To do when at final length goal:
- Simplify regimen for maintenance mode
- Make the longest/biggest braid out of my life
- Experiment with color (clip in highlights)
- Experiment with hairstyles
- Burn my wigs
- Invest in hair scissors
- Get a good flat iron (if I don't have one by then)
- Get a curling wand (if I don't have one by then)
- Get hair done at the salon

Back