~~~Pop Your Bra Strap Ladies 2007~~~

SchalaZeal said:
Looks like I won't be poppin' my bra strap til at least the end of the year, if not later...:(

I'm seeing red right now. I went to get a relax & trim (with hair grazing BSL...yay!), and left with a relax and CUT! My hair is now a full two inches shorter than it was when I got there...

....since when does a "trim" mean "please cut my hair off a few inches?" ?!?!?!

Yeah, so. BSL was gonna happen within a month....now it looks like it'll be another 6+. Will update fotki soon...

I need to calm down..breathe... :look:

I am soooo sorry to hear that. I know you were ready to do bodily harm to that person. I think you can still get there this year your hair is healthy and growing really good. Hang in there.

I hope I can still make BSL this year. Ive had too many trims lately. Actually, its my fault. Two months ago, I asked for a trim all around. But when I got relaxed a couple of wks ago, I asked her to frame the hair around my face, and she trimmed some more off the back. So we shall see if I can still make it.

Ill post pics next month when hubby buys me a digital camera. Im really in the stone age...I already know.:lol:

shunta said:
Ill post pics next month when hubby buys me a digital camera. Im really in the stone age...I already know.:lol:

Shunta...I told you I will send him an anonymous email with the reasoning on why you NEED that digital camera! lol

Neonbright...Congrats!!

Congrats to the ladies who are popping that strap! I was almost there with you, but I must respectfully drop out of the challenge. Maybe next year. Keep on POPPING!!!;)

Random but everytime I see this thread I think of actual popcorn popping, you know how the closer it is to being done the faster it pops? Pop da**it!!!

Letitia said:
Shunta...I told you I will send him an anonymous email with the reasoning on why you NEED that digital camera! lol

Neonbright...Congrats!!
Heehee:lol: Remember I was supposed to buy one for xmas and it never happened. Yeah, send him the anonymous email for me:look: :lol:

HairFlatIroned004-vi.jpg

Here is my picture just a little little bit more ladies...I can smell it!!!

HairFlatIroned003-vi.jpg

Congrats to all of you ladies who have popped so far!! :yay: I am so excited for you!! I think I am on track for July 15th - My next relaxer should place me right at the top of my bra-strap.

For the next 7 weeks I am going to make sure I moisturize twice a day, baggy at least once a week, drink my hair shake at least four times a week, not use any direct heat on my ends what so ever, try my hardest to tie my hair up at night, deep condition every week for at least 30-45 min.

I cant wait to get there!!! Who else is due between July/August? Lets continue to keep each other motivated!

Poppin in 2007 or Bust!

Serenity

SerenityBreeze said:
Congrats to all of you ladies who have popped so far!! :yay: I am so excited for you!! I think I am on track for July 15th - My next relaxer should place me right at the top of my bra-strap.

For the next 7 weeks I am going to make sure I moisturize twice a day, baggy at least once a week, drink my hair shake at least four times a week, not use any direct heat on my ends what so ever, try my hardest to tie my hair up at night, deep condition every week for at least 30-45 min.

I cant wait to get there!!! Who else is due between July/August? Lets continue to keep each other motivated!

Poppin in 2007 or Bust!

Serenity

Serenity, I'm due in July also. I am 8 weeks post and I'm going to try to stretch for 12 weeks this time FORREAL so I should/hope to have the 2 1/2 inches that I need to be brastrap. I do everything you stated, moisturizing, baggying ends, deep condition, tie hair up, and no heat. My biggest challenge is stretching for 12 weeks. I have never stretched to 12 weeks. I get anxious to see my length at 10 weeks BUT this time I am determined;)

SerenityBreeze said:

Poppin in 2007 or Bust!

Serenity

In my May 2nd pics, I had one lenght pic that was BSL and another that wasn't, so until both those pics are BSL I can't claim BSL.

My next set of pics will be taken either Aug 31st or Sept 1st, and I'm sure that I will be there by then unless I don't have any growth at all between now and then.:eek: Anyway, I won't know until the end of Aug because that's the next time I'll check.

Stay encouraged! By Dec 31st there will be brastraps poppin all over the place.:D

for some reason when i began in january i reaaaally believed and half hoped that i could be brastrap by june.....buuuut looks like i'll need a couple more months :ohwell: im patient though :grin:

whitneysimone said:
for some reason when i began in january i reaaaally believed and half hoped that i could be brastrap by june.....buuuut looks like i'll need a couple more months :ohwell: im patient though :grin:

You're almost there WhitneySimone. Maybe mid-late summer.

I'm right on your tail too. I have lots of scraggly ends, but I'm not cutting them until I get a little longer. Hopefully babying them will keep them "safe" til I get to BSL.

I feel you ladies pain I thought by saying July it would give me more than enough time...I have some new pics in my fotki...I am getting more length on the sides but not the back...

JustMeSteph said:
I feel you ladies pain I thought by saying July it would give me more than enough time...I have some new pics in my fotki...I am getting more length on the sides but not the back...

That's okay, it is growing. Just give the middle of your head time to catch up, and you'll be BSL all around before you know it. Isn't it great that this challenge is all year!!! No presssure, no pressure. :D

Wooww!! my first challenge im in!!!
I hope i make it there:scratchch !! mmm i like the feeling of having a goal!!! WOO Brastrap!!

Ok, so before I wasn't sure I would make it to BSL and thought I might just make it to full APL. Well, it is strange. My hair is uneven and I should be due for a touch up in another 3- 4 weeks. But I had it blown out 2 days ago and a strip in the back is barely grazing my brastrap and the a strip on both sides when stretched barely reach my armpit. I am in such a state of shock. My stylist told me a need a trim but I don't think I will until I have some more growth. I am so excited. My hair hasn't been this long since I was a pre-teen YAY!

Okay, Okay, I am excited. I did my touch up today at 9 weeks post and I am 1 inch away from brastrap but I'll say 1 1/2 to be on the safe side but it's right there:yay: I can taste it:lick: Man between Viviscal and BT I promise yall I got around 2 inches since that last pic in my siggy, which was in April. I would love to show yall but I'm in the HYH til July challenge.

Congrats Ladies. I cant wait till I can post my brastrap hair up in here. I know I have another year but thats okay. Ya'll are making great progress and I'm always checking this thread. Keep it up ;)

Back