PIBBS 514 Deal 2008-09!!! who wants in?

Which Pibbs do you want?...posting this to get a count.

• Pibbs 514

Votes: 107 79.9%
  • Pibbs 512

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 4.5%

• Total voters
OK I bit the bullet and just faxed in my order. I called Lady to get a quote on shipping and she asked me to call her back in 10 minutes. I did and she said my fax was coming in but she will have to get the weight and call me back later with the freight. She seemed a little stressed. :perplexed.

Let us know when you get an update, please :-)

ok... Im sorry if I am repeating some other post but can someone tell me the cost of each pibbs...

Whats the cost for each?

Whats the preferred method for payment?

Hi ladies,

I know we are all very cautious on faxing our credit card numbers over.

Since they want us to fax the orders over to them what I would recommend is that we leave a note on the order stating that "will give credit card info when you call with shipping info via phone"

I don't think it should be a problem with giving it over the phone once we are called with the shipping price.

**but i do recommend sending the order via fax and waiting for them to call back with the shipping info.**

Hi ladies,

I know we are all very cautious on faxing our credit card numbers over.

Since they want us to fax the orders over to them what I would recommend is that we leave a note on the order stating that "will give credit card info when you call with shipping info via phone"

I don't think it should be a problem with giving it over the phone once we are called with the shipping price.

**but i do recommend sending the order via fax and waiting for them to call back with the shipping info.**

I'm as paranoid as they come and I was definitely not faxing my cc info on the order. Matter of fact by the time I order in January maybe others will have made their orders and can post their experience in here.

I just found this thread and have to thank the OP for all her legwork! (I'm a Virgo too) I'm just wondering what it takes to become a distributor, it that something that LHCF could sponsor. I think it would require having a resale license, but for the number of people that are interested in ordering, we could probably make the minimum order and LHCF could make some $ on the deal.

I had called Pibbs last week and had them send over a distribution contract but they want financial statements from your company and 3 references from dealers you have done business with.

I only have my little dominican product business and the Mimor distributors are the only people i've worked with so far :(.

I'm going to contact them to see if they can accept one reference from and product reseller since I have a really really really small business lol!!!

guess i need to deal with 2 more resellers to get my credit contract with Pibbs, I'm really curious to see how much they really sell the dryers for.

I just found this thread and have to thank the OP for all her legwork! (I'm a Virgo too) I'm just wondering what it takes to become a distributor, it that something that LHCF could sponsor. I think it would require having a resale license, but for the number of people that are interested in ordering, we could probably make the minimum order and LHCF could make some $ on the deal.

I hear you I have been robbed via bank card twice, once this year and several years ago, thank god the 1st time i was banking with chase and they are on their game fraud wise. the 2nd time with wamu they weren't good at all with handling fraud but I still found a way to get my money back.

It can happen even if you are there in person with stuff.

I wouldn't put the cc# on the order at all they'd have to call and get that info.

I'm as paranoid as they come and I was definitely not faxing my cc info on the order. Matter of fact by the time I order in January maybe others will have made their orders and can post their experience in here.

I will send my fax out Monday (w/o) cc and tell them when they call for quote on shipping that they can have cc. I want this dryer bad...

***UPDATE***
I contacted another seller and they have given me the same quote for the 514 as the flamingo place.

This seller is better because they accept paypal.

I contacted other resellers because I know we are all skeptical with the faxing over crap.

here are his prices:

514: $239 he said shipping should be no more than 30 but i'm just guessing 40 as a gestimate.

**for International you will have to talk to him in regards to the plug voltatge etc.

for the 512 he is charging more than the other place: $215

and also i asked about the superaria 518 it's not as hot but I hear it dries just as fast. $229.

email orders to: [email protected]
email order and all info (no cc#'s)
NAME
ADDRESS
EMAIL
PHONE
DRYER YOU WANT Pibbs 514 or 512.

He will call you back to tell you how to place your paypal payment + shipping costs etc. He is not slow like the other seller in getting back to you he is responsive and reachable.

!!!OFFERED UNTIL END OF JANUARY!!!!. he said the prices go up after January from Pibbs so that's why the prices have increased so much from the last deal.

code word: Tatiana

Last edited:
***UPDATE***
I contacted another seller and they have given me the same quote for the 514 as the flamingo place.

This seller is better because they accept paypal, credt card etc.

I contacted other resellers because I know we are all skeptical with the faxing over crap.

here are his prices:

514: $239 he said shipping should be no more than 30 but i'm just guessing 40 as a gestimate.

**for International you will have to talk to him in regards to the plug voltatge etc.

for the 512 he is charging more than the other place: $215

and also i asked about the superaria 518 it's not as hot but I hear it dries just as fast. $229.

email orders to: [email protected]
email order and all info (no cc#'s). he will call you back to tell you how to place your paypal payment + shipping costs etc.

!!!OFFERED UNTIL END OF JANUARY!!!!. he said the prices go up after January from Pibbs so that's why the prices have increased so much from the last deal.

code word: Tatiana

So when we email him, we just say which dryer we want and our contact information, and request shipping info?

Hi Chardai,

He told me he will call you, he is very responsive via phone email, I emailed him late last night and he got back to me early today.

yes just put in your email to them:

NAME
ADDRESS
EMAIL
PHONE
DRYER YOU WANT Pibbs 514 or 512.

He said he will call each of us once we place our order to let us know the shipping cost and to direct us how to send them payment via paypal.

It looks like Sabrina's is in LA, nice to have a west coast supplier available, I wasn't sure what shipping would be like coming from Florida.

Pretty tight requirements to be a distributor! I wonder if they have a sellers agreement saying that they must retail at a certain price.

Thanks again, longhairlover, here's more $$$ I'm spending on myself this Christmas....can't pass up a good deal.

Yeah the contact that we will be dealing with is in Jersey somewhere.

So Jersey ladies the shipping should be a little quicker.

Yeah those requirements are crazy, but I've seen it before from other suppliers. One day.

He said shipping would most likely be around $30ish.

Yes, it is great to have a West Coast supplier. I am going to go with the Sabrinas deal. Thanks so much longhairlover.

I had called Pibbs last week and had them send over a distribution contract but they want financial statements from your company and 3 references from dealers you have done business with.

I only have my little dominican product business and the Mimor distributors are the only people i've worked with so far :(.

I'm going to contact them to see if they can accept one reference from and product reseller since I have a really really really small business lol!!!

guess i need to deal with 2 more resellers to get my credit contract with Pibbs, I'm really curious to see how much they really sell the dryers for.

Who did you speak to at Pibbs? I am on very good terms with one of the sons now. He even talked to me about distributing. He calls and emails me every time they get new products in. He has been trying to send me sample flat irons to pass around since last year.

OP if the shipping is too high for folks outside of the NJ/NY/PA area (its was averaging $30-$60, but the company should have an account discount) PM me. I can get him to see what he can do.

oh wow that sounds great. i'll pm you.

thank you,

Who did you speak to at Pibbs? I am on very good terms with one of the sons now. He even talked to me about distributing. He calls and emails me every time they get new products in. He has been trying to send me sample flat irons to pass around since last year.

OP if the shipping is too high for folks outside of the NJ/NY/PA area (its was averaging $30-$60, but the company should have an account discount) PM me. I can get him to see what he can do.

I'm ready to order, but now I'm not sure which distributor to go with. It is pretty much a matter of shipping cost since both are offering the same price for the 514.

I was trying to order before I leave for vacation on Sunday, but I may have to wait until I return if we can get a break on the shipping.

Thanks, for how long did he say and what all does it cover. Not trying to make you do any hard work, was just hoping he mentioned that.

Original Deal Update:

I am just now getting to my computer today, and i haven't read the latest thread posts, but I am happy to report Lady of flamingobeauty called me back late this morning and told me the drop shipping rate to NJ is $25 and I should receive my dryer by Monday. :grin:

It's a professional hair dryer. Here's a pic of my Pibbs 514.

100_0003-vi.jpg

I guess I have a Pibbs then, this looks EXACTLY like my UK Aphrodite dryer.

I just placed an order for the Pibbs 514 from Lady of Flamingo and she said that I should receive it on Monday or Tuesday. However, she charged $239.24 + $25 and an additional $7 for freight. Why the additional $7 for freight when there are no taxes on freight. $7 isn't an issue, it's just the principal of quoting a price and then adding additional upon ordering. Yeah, I'm excited about receiving it! Thank you longhairlover for everything!!!!

Last edited:
Original Deal Update:

I am just now getting to my computer today, and i haven't read the latest thread posts, but I am happy to report Lady of flamingobeauty called me back late this morning and told me the drop shipping rate to NJ is $25 and I should receive my dryer by Monday. :grin:

Did she charge you an additional $7? Just curious:look:

Last edited:
Back