PIBBS 514 Deal 2008-09!!! who wants in?

Which Pibbs do you want?...posting this to get a count.

• Pibbs 514

Votes: 107 79.9%
  • Pibbs 512

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 4.5%

• Total voters
the woman just said to fax in. no time frame, i told her maybe ten people will order per week. I kept asking the woman over and over to make sure she understood what I was saying and she said we just need to fax over our orders, I would still call to make sure everything goes through. they are real busy so don't get annoyed when you call and you can't get them right away.

Yes please be patient. We don't need anymore vendors "scorned" by the LHCF ladies. We need our hookups to be happy with our business. LOL!

So when is everybody getting theirs. I wanted to wait until after New Years. I can order sooner but I prefer not. A lot of money is going out of the house this month!

New Year's Day! I'm getting the 514. That's a good price and the black is so official.
Merry Effin Crimmus to me!!

for real now I see why Tony (imperial sales/appliance source) won't do the group thing anymore, I found the old posts and his company sent pibbs that had broken parts, I mean I would have bit his head off too,

it's business if you have people that are receiving messed up stuff then you should replace it. Even via email he seemed like he had an attitude about the past situation but it's his fault for sending stuff that seemed refurbished that's just not right.

I will be patient I would like to find a seller that will always sell to us for a discount without having a vengeance for us lol!!!! but they have to work with us too.

I'm happy Tony didn't give me a good quote this time around, I heard it's bad to deal with folks that don't have a phone number listed for their business. To me that's a sign you don't want to be reached in case any issues.

Hopefully these people at Flamingo Beauty will be good, they are hard to get on the phone...for some reason they seem really really busy.

Yes please be patient. We don't need anymore vendors "scorned" by the LHCF ladies. We need our hookups to be happy with our business. LOL!

I will make sure to let her know again that we will order from now til Jan and later, they seemed really flexible about it and no time frame which is good because it leaves the door open for people to get them at this price.

Maybe later next year for those who want to get the steamers we can do a group thing on that.

I also had the actual Pibbs distributor to send me an application as a reseller because if they can offer the dryers for under 300 then they can't be getting them for that much from the distributor. So hopefully we can have a perm reseller at a normal price.

Will keep ya'll posted on everything. I can't wait to get it, I am rolling my eyes at my gold and hot right now.....spit for the gold and hot lol!!!!

Oh I want one! Is this a reputable company? Anyone ordered from them? I tend to worry when I'm hearing they are "too busy". Please keep this thread updated and I will order if I hear some good news for sure!:yep:

I will make sure to let her know again that we will order from now til Jan and later, they seemed really flexible about it and no time frame which is good because it leaves the door open for people to get them at this price.

Maybe later next year for those who want to get the steamers we can do a group thing on that.

I also had the actual Pibbs distributor to send me an application as a reseller because if they can offer the dryers for under 300 then they can't be getting them for that much from the distributor. So hopefully we can have a perm reseller at a normal price.

Will keep ya'll posted on everything. I can't wait to get it, I am rolling my eyes at my gold and hot right now.....spit for the gold and hot lol!!!!

I contacted the distributer in Flushing. The lowest he said can give it for is 257.00 lol, only because I said I saw it online for 259.00. I should have low balled him. :wallbash::wallbash: You got a really good deal. Im in NY. What if I picked up mine. Would they allow that? There is a BSS by me in BK thats willing to part with the 512 for $200 no tax but thats for instore pick ups only and cash payment only.

I got mine from last years' deal. I dealt with Tony, I had some issues. They were quickly resolved, but he DID have an ATTITUDE...not a big one but an attitude none the less. Anyway I've had no issues with my Pibbs 514 and I think it is one of the BEST investments that I've made. I've saved so much money by learning how to do my own rollerset and my deep treatments are more effective. All this to say good luck with your orders and you can't go wrong with your Pibbs which ever model you get! Happy Shopping hair fanatics!

hmmmm you can call the seller and ask them if you can do pick up. as hard as it was to get these people on the phone they probably get Pibbs a lot of sales. I mean I don't mind to pay a little more if I know I can pick it up local. But if the local suppliers want to charge 300+ for no reason then no.

I contacted the distributer in Flushing. The lowest he said can give it for is 257.00 lol, only because I said I saw it online for 259.00. I should have low balled him. :wallbash::wallbash: You got a really good deal. Im in NY. What if I picked up mine. Would they allow that? There is a BSS by me in BK thats willing to part with the 512 for $200 no tax but thats for instore pick ups only and cash payment only.

I mean I had another deal for the dryers from another merchant
Pibbs 514: $260
512: $197

this deal would be for 60 pieces, for order this large the shipping is free but only to one location so we'd all have to try to find the cheapest way to ship the dryers i guess via ups or fedex. because I will never use the usps for mass shipping ever again, they caused me to lose customers with my small business losing packages etc.

thing is she only would ship to my location free so that is good but the dryers are a bit more and I went back and forth with her negotiating.

this seller was hungry for our business though and not real busy so she is reachable right away.

let me know

all the other deals are more without shipping.

www.salonstore.com is where the other person is from that I spoke to with the prices noted above.

OK I may be slow but I am confused. Is the info in the album the "official" group deal? Or are we still looking for the best price? I am interested in the 514 and I am ready to order!

Either way, thanks longhairlover for all the work you have done on this.

your not slow,

it's the groups deal, but I just posted another price that I got from someone else just in case.

OK I may be slow but I am confused. Is the info in the album the "official" group deal? Or are we still looking for the best price? I am interested in the 514 and I am ready to order!

Either way, thanks longhairlover for all the work you have done on this.

***UPDATE***

Ok I called Lady at Flamingo Beauty and she said that she would have to quote everyone on their shipment.

So she said once you send in the order before she charges anything to your credit card, you will be contacted and given the shipping price.

Honestly I have read the pibbs is 42lbs so using the estimators for fedex or ups should give you an idea based on your location.

She knows that it's us with the price so no code word or anything.

I think it would be good for a bunch of us to send in our orders at the same time just to get the ball rolling.

So let me know when your ready, it doesn't have to be all of us at the same time but i'm thinking maybe ten a week is good.

She said they order from the distributor, the distributor sends them the dryers then they send them to us. So I would give it a week or so for delivery because the sellers are like the middle men.

let me know what ya'll think. I will try to PM this to everyone too.

I'll give them two weeks just to be on the safe side. Just in case. I want to order on January 9th.

***UPDATE***

Ok I called Lady at Flamingo Beauty and she said that she would have to quote everyone on their shipment.

So she said once you send in the order before she charges anything to your credit card, you will be contacted and given the shipping price.

Honestly I have read the pibbs is 42lbs so using the estimators for fedex or ups should give you an idea based on your location.

She knows that it's us with the price so no code word or anything.

I think it would be good for a bunch of us to send in our orders at the same time just to get the ball rolling.

So let me know when your ready, it doesn't have to be all of us at the same time but i'm thinking maybe ten a week is good.

She said they order from the distributor, the distributor sends them the dryers then they send them to us. So I would give it a week or so for delivery because the sellers are like the middle men.

let me know what ya'll think. I will try to PM this to everyone too.

FORGOT TO ADD:
put this info on your order it can be on a blank piece of paper typed up for clarity:

Full Name
Address
Email
Phone #
Credit Card # with expiration date
Pibbs 514 or 512

One of the staff will call you to give the shipping quote.

Just a question. not complaining but..
This is a great deal, but do they have a better way to accept a payment. Sending a credit card over fax is very risky. That is definately a security risk. I wonder if they have paypal?

FORGOT TO ADD:
put this info on your order it can be on a blank piece of paper typed up for clarity:

Full Name
Address
Email
Phone #
Credit Card # with expiration date
Pibbs 514 or 512

One of the staff will call you to give the shipping quote.

Last edited:
Girl you are awesome! I got my dryer today,but not with this deal...my husband was trying to surprise me. So it all came and it was about 280 total with shipping!! I cant wait to use it. It was easy to put together too. I ordered mine from the imperialsales since he was the cheapest...

awww man let us know how it goes when you use it.

I want one so bad! can't wait I may have to push my order back until next week.

I will keep in contact with them once we start ordering just in case new people want to buy.

I just want to remind them every week about the price and if more will purchase.

congrats on your new baby!

Girl you are awesome! I got my dryer today,but not with this deal...my husband was trying to surprise me. So it all came and it was about 280 total with shipping!! I cant wait to use it. It was easy to put together too. I ordered mine from the imperialsales since he was the cheapest...

OK I bit the bullet and just faxed in my order. I called Lady to get a quote on shipping and she asked me to call her back in 10 minutes. I did and she said my fax was coming in but she will have to get the weight and call me back later with the freight. She seemed a little stressed. :perplexed.

Yeah I was thinking about that, but i've dealt with other places that are still faxing it's weird and outdated but companies are still using fax for orders.

they seem to mainly do their orders on their site but when I call it always sounds busy in the back and I guess they don't have a call center :(

or maybe place the order and leave a note for them to call you to get the credit card info via phone.

Just a question. not complaining but..
This is a great deal, but do they have a better way to accept a payment. Sending a credit card over fax is very risky. That is definately a security risk. I wonder if they have paypal?

yeah they are like the sweat shop of salon equipment lol!!!!

I contacted every place that is on the net and they have the cheapest price so they get a lot of business because of it.

every time I call they sound busy in the back. she will call you back don't worry. she told me that once she gets the orders in she will call back with the shipping info.

OK I bit the bullet and just faxed in my order. I called Lady to get a quote on shipping and she asked me to call her back in 10 minutes. I did and she said my fax was coming in but she will have to get the weight and call me back later with the freight. She seemed a little stressed. :perplexed.

I would be willing to call it in..it sure beats faxing.

Yeah I was thinking about that, but i've dealt with other places that are still faxing it's weird and outdated but companies are still using fax for orders.

they seem to mainly do their orders on their site but when I call it always sounds busy in the back and I guess they don't have a call center :(

or maybe place the order and leave a note for them to call you to get the credit card info via phone.

Okay, so can I phone in my order versus faxing? I have a fax, but I really don't feel like being bothered with hooking it up and worrying about if it was received.

Back