Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-)

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

If Rule #1 still applies I would love to join.

My goal is to be apl by my 40th birthday in May but my dream is to be bsl by then. I currently have SL hair with a global keratin treatment.

I will most likely be using the 14 n 1 for this challenge.

I will try to post pics soon. Thanks!

YUp!! Youre in!!! :woot: :pulpdance: :woot:

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

Maybe you need to incorporate a protein treatment?? :yep:

I started using Aphogee 2 minute once a week and I've done that twice already but that's not really working although my hair feels stronger. I even tried Nitrine Garlic Shampoo. I'm thinking about doing the 2 step this weekend but a little scared.

Originally Posted by choctaw
Celie braids moisturized with cfcg, sealed with castor/almond oil and tucked into bantu knots.

Celie braids is juiced again with cfcg, sealed and tucked into bantu knots :yep::yep:

I started using Aphogee 2 minute once a week and I've done that twice already but that's not really working although my hair feels stronger. I even tried Nitrine Garlic Shampoo. I'm thinking about doing the 2 step this weekend but a little scared.

Yeah I see you are relaxed AND stretching so you may need the extra protein, the breakage could be coming from the demarcation line...and you probably havent used the ApHogee 2 min for long enough yet. Try taking garlic capsules for the shedding, but then again, shedding is normal so its most likely nothing to worry about unless it was shedding in clumps. :look:

Originally Posted by choctaw
Celie braids moisturized with cfcg, sealed with castor/almond oil and tucked into bantu knots.

Celie braids is juiced again with cfcg, sealed and tucked into bantu knots :yep::yep:

Do you take out the celie braid bantu knots in the murnin? :eyebrows2

is anyone moisturizing in braids? I have four braids that I wear under my half wig. I take them down every morning and night to juice my hair thoroughly. but i keep feelin like thats a lot of manipulation. I just cant wrap my brain around moisturizing my hair in braids. what about the hair closer to the roots. how are they gettin any lovin?

Do you take out the celie braid bantu knots in the murnin? :eyebrows2

No. I am retired and don't have to meet a dress code. Its a simple quick style for frequent co-washing, pool, pilates, water aerobics. I can spray the knots with jheri juice between co-washes and its easy to untwist and apply a dab of oil on the ends. I wear a twistout/puff some days. A fishing cap is best on hot days when its 97+ degrees. My hair is really soft today so I'll do a twistout & do pilates, go fishing. I have swimming tomorrow so do a co-wash, juice, shealoe and get my celie braids ready for the pool :)

is anyone moisturizing in braids? I have four braids that I wear under my half wig. I take them down every morning and night to juice my hair thoroughly. but i keep feelin like thats a lot of manipulation. I just cant wrap my brain around moisturizing my hair in braids. what about the hair closer to the roots. how are they gettin any lovin?

Child pleeze, I use a spray bottle to moisturize braids, twists, bantu knots ... if its airborne its gonna penetrate ...

I use a spray bottle with curl activator, braid spray and water. You can moisturize from root to ends with a spray bottle. Use oil to seal the ends of braids. Sounds like your hair is perfectly protected :)

Are you using a comb everytime you take them aloose or are you just using your fingers? If you use a comb in your hair everytime you take them down then yes I would think that is too much manipulation.

I would say that you could use a braid spray for your hair and then get an applicator bottle so that you can apply moisture directly to your hair at the roots, but the braid spray alone should definitely get the roots. :D

Last edited:

Child pleeze, I use a spray bottle to moisturize braids, twists, bantu knots ... if its airborne its gonna penetrate ...

I use a spray bottle with curl activator, braid spray and water. You can moisturize from root to ends with a spray bottle. Use oil to seal the ends of braids. Sounds like your hair is perfectly protected :)

Sounds like a great idea Choc, :yep:

3 celie braids juiced with cfcg after swim class. Going swimming again this evening :)

Weaved it up on thursday. I still plan to juice but not daily

Hey ladies I am still juicing and loving it.
Do you ladies wait a certain amount of time to cover you hair(satin or silk cap) after juicing? if so how long do you wait for?

Hey ladies I am still juicing and loving it.
Do you ladies wait a certain amount of time to cover you hair(satin or silk cap) after juicing? if so how long do you wait for?

Because I whole head baggy I cover immediately with a processing cap and at some point before I go to sleep I put on my satin cap.

I am so sorry ladies but I'm afraid I have to step down from this challenge. I can't keep up with it anymore because I am doing some differnt things with my hair for now. Have fun and continue to enjoy the challenge and I wish everyone well.

I kinda slacked off on the juice last week (ran out of S-curl) :look: but I've re-upped and now back in full swing :yep:

I am still being faithful with the juice I am not a cheater or quitter just a juicer.

my hair is loving the juice. I will wash and wear for an event tomorrow, but then back to the juice.

I added some Infusium to the mix again last night and applied to each braid. I do like six per night. Loved how my hair felt today. It was silky. Wonder what it is in that Infusium. I get good results very time I mix with the juice. I'm going to use a bit each night. The next morning there is never any hair in the comb.

Still juicing consistently 2x/day.

Co-washed with patene nature fusion and elasta qp intense conditioner, blowdried my hair really straight and moisturize aohc, after put in two french braids with the ends pinned up. Sorry for the run-on sentence (I'm really sleppy and I haven't really kept up in this thread).

Juiced, sealed braids with almond/castor/coconut oil blend.

still juicing twice daily. my hair is loving s-curl. ppl at work has even complimented how well my hair looks. i find that scurl works better as a daily moisturizer on straight, rollerset my hair rather than wavy, textured air dried hair. any ideas as to why that might be? i feel that all moisturizers just sit on top of the hair when i air dry. maybe i haven't found the right moisturizer to penetrate tha hair when doing a braid out.

Still juicin w/African Royale Braid spray on loose hair. So far so good.

Still juicing with my S-Curl. I dont have time to juice evvery day, But I do about 3-4x a week now. and I PS every day. Just trying to leave my hair alone and not manipulate them

still juicing, ends sealed with hemp seed oil <glug glug glug>

Back