Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-)

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

Okay, I jumped in on this late, so i'm new to this. I think I read thru all the posts, but never saw what people are going to do in the winter??? Is everyone still gonna be juicing?

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

used WN last night and it just doesn't do it for me. Scurl is far better. Still juicing ba-bay.

I'm continuing using qhemet ohhb and brbc in my hair right now until I get another weave next month. I can't use glycerin products on or close to my scalp since it makes my scalp itch like crazy.

Okay, I jumped in on this late, so i'm new to this. I think I read thru all the posts, but never saw what people are going to do in the winter??? Is everyone still gonna be juicing?

I asked this a while back and I only got one or two responses. Luckily for me, I'll be under wigs, so I guess that qualifies as a humid environment. But I'm not sure.

I didn't juice at all yesterday! I completely forgot. :nono:

I have natural hair. I also have a relaxed hairline ( I got married on July 24th and I weaved up my hair and I wanted the edges and hair left out at the top to match my weave...the rest of my hair that was braided up is natural). I prefer the CFCG it doesn't "sit" on top of my hair. I feel like CFCG really gets in my strands. I wonder why?

I ran out of my beloved BRX braid spray so I went out and bought 3bottles of it tonight along with a bottle of s-curl moisturizing spray. I will be using them tomorrow after my DC treatment.

Still juicing it up :yep:

I haven't been checking in but I've been juicing consistently since starting the challenge. I juice 2x/day. Mostly I've been using Oyin's Juices & Berries and Hairveda's Hydrasilica.

Still juicing. Still hanging in there. Have a great week!

Ok so.... dumb question.
What is everyone going to do when it gets cooler outside (unless you live in a humid area)?
I know I can't use glycerin when it gets cooler here. Does having your hair under a wig qualify as a humid environment? Lol.
After the end of this month I'm switching from scurl to tw moisture mist- also getting some winter wigs. I used to baggy but don't think I will this winter.

I think it depends on your hair and what it needs; personally, I will juice until I OD no matter what the humidity or temp is outside...

I am still juicing daily....I think I may need to clarify. I used HS14n1 over the weekend and it literally sat on my hair and made it feel kinda stiff. So, tonite I am going to clarify and see how it feels.

Still juicing daily....I forget to check-in but I'm holding down the juicy front daily..

I just finished juicing my hair after a nice long deep conditioning session. My scalp feels really clean again.

Still juicing but a modified version:
My hair is in micro two strand twists (no extensions) and in a bun for 3 weeks. I will be spritzing my ends only and alturnating between Eqyss Avocado Mist and Aphogee leave in spray. Don't want to get sick with damp hair on top of my head in these cooler months. However, since I'm moving to Florida I don't think I will have TOO much to worry about when it comes to winter weather. ;)

I ran out of CFCG and Target only carries S Curl, so I purchased that instead. I like it so far and it seems more moisturizing than CFCG, but I'll use the whole bottle up before I decide to make it a staple.

Celie braids moisturized with cfcg, sealed with castor/almond oil and tucked into bantu knots.

Just finished juicing with my s-curl and sealed with sweet almond oil.....back into bun.

Started juicing again. I am trying out the Cfcg and still using scurl as well. My daughter's hair loves the cfcg. I'm not sure if mine does yet. I do know it loves the scurl though.

I'm addicted to the juice!! Still juicing!

Back to jucing my hair, gosh its hard sometimes... sometimes I want to wear my hair down or in a protective style without jucing it.... hmmm well anyways I am back to jucing, hmm don't know how long...

Back to jucing my hair, gosh its hard sometimes... sometimes I want to wear my hair down or in a protective style without jucing it.... hmmm well anyways I am back to jucing, hmm don't know how long...
I'm a newbie and it was getting to where my hair was becoming a burden with the 20 step process. I was moisturizing the hair in 4 sections, sealing in 4 sections with trying to evenly apply product to the hair, finger combing in 4 sections to keep tangles down, etc. That was way too time consuming. Now I lightly apply juice to my whole head, seal and baggy the ends. I only finger comb on wash days and just deal with the buildup of shed hairs once a week rather than daily. This process works so much better for me and takes up way less time. My dh sure loves the revised process.

Oh yeah, my hair is on a never ending roll of moisture :yep:. Living by the juice is sweet :grin:

Still juicing. I'll be juicing to all my other goal lengths :)

ETA: In winter I don't like how my hair feels when I moisturise with the activators so I'll be using a cream moisturiser mixed with just a tiny bit of juice.

Last edited:

If Rule #1 still applies I would love to join.

My goal is to be apl by my 40th birthday in May but my dream is to be bsl by then. I currently have SL hair with a global keratin treatment.

I will most likely be using the 14 n 1 for this challenge.

I will try to post pics soon. Thanks!

I'm still juicing, just under my wig for the next couple of weeks, then I'll be juicing under a sew-in.

Still juicin but I'm shedding and experiencing breakage everytime I moisture my hair. It's not a lot but still would like to see no shedding and breakage. :sad:

Still juicin but I'm shedding and experiencing breakage everytime I moisture my hair. It's not a lot but still would like to see no shedding and breakage. :sad:

Maybe you need to incorporate a protein treatment?? :yep:

Back