3C WASH N GO REVIEW OF CURLS WHIPPED... MUCHO PICS

Beautiful hair!
I don't even bother with the whole "hair typing" foolishness... I just know pretty when I see it and yours is!!!

My hair loves the curls whipped cream but only when I base it with the curls quenched moisturizer I love how that stuff smells...The gel'les'c or how ever it's spelled lol made my hair crunchy and very tangled :nono: I'm 3c :) I also found the qhemet alma heavy cream is too heavy but the burdock root works..pretty good..but I think I need to mix it with something else I dunno

the curls line isn't terrible BUT i find the moisture isn't long lasting at all. 2 days and i have to wash and do over.

I have not found the key to using gels. I usually like a creamy leave in that helps to define curls. Using gel with a leave in prevents dryness or crunchiness.

I knew I wasn't the only one that tasted products, lol. Well I only taste the natural ones. Lol. I like to be sure that it's not too sweet and I won't have a lot of bugs flying around me.

Your hair looks nice, hair typing confuses me as well. How do wash and goes work for you? I'm in the 3/4 range as well and they are nightmares for me.

I love Curls too. The product you reviewed gives beautiful "big" hair.
My favorite is Gel-les'c. Give me soft, bouncy and crunchless curls. I'm a 3c too.

Thanks for taking the time to post pictures and a review. :yep: I laughed out loud when I read that you tasted it and it was gross! :rofl: I've done that before!

Beautiful hair!
I don't even bother with the whole "hair typing" foolishness... I just know pretty when I see it and yours is!!!

Agreed. I don't subcribe to typing anymore, only because - my own texture is a mix of so much... in addition to that, the texture is different depending on continual product use - or lack there of.

:yep::yep::yep::yep:

There really isn't that much of a difference between the two textures except for the shine. I would say that Lexiwiththecurl, SouthernTease, GoingNatural and EmpressRi are both true 3c hair textures. Your curls are a bit smaller in diameter and kind of lack the "Sheen" of 3c hair.
Hair typing is not that big of a deal. Majority of the tips we've learned here were brought from a board of women with type 1-3a textures, and then we expanded upon them to suit our needs. But, if you are going to make a point of labeling your texture and being very stringent about it, I feel that you should know that you are not a type 3c.

I totally get what you're saying because sometimes I wondered whether I was 3c or 4a because I have similiar curls. The difference with my hair though is that it's way too dry looking. lol I also thought OP was 4a.

Thanks for the review!

ETA: I know you said the pic quality isn't great. I'm wondering if you've ever used Kinky Curly Custard or IC Fantasia gel for even more definition. They really work wonders. I think every curl on my hair 'pops' and I hardly have frizz when I use them. Also, cowashing with Hello Hydration and leaving some in my hair defines curls too.

Last edited:
lol you tasted it? that reminds me of myself

yay no wet neck. I hate that, too.

thanks for sharing! I can't wait to try Curls!

Post the pic of braidout! I'm going to transition using braidouts. Post It, Post It, Post It! You have awesome hair. Well after seeing what the products did for DD's little baby curls in the "It's a Curl" line, I'm loving this company. Will def. try their products!

i LOLed when you said you tasted it :lachen:

gorgeous hair!!! yet ANOTHER thread that inspires me to go natural!

Hair typing confuses the bajeezus out of me sometimes...no matter how much I read. I thought type 4 has sheen and type 3 has shine?

And very lovely hair!!! First time I've seen your face as well, you're pretty! LOL @ eating the product!:lachen:
Part of what makes it so confusing is that people won't take decent pictures of their hair naked or un-styled. Also, its hard to find a person with only one texture. Most 3c are a mix of 3c and 4a.

3B/3C, very large, very shiny ringlets
Hair3-vi.jpg

2718949580_3c650ba413_o.jpg

Mostly 3c hair
Picture013-vi.jpg

curls9208_02.jpg

4a hair is more like puffy but large ringlets. It has more of a huge, definite curl at the ends, but it is not as shiny (naturally) as 3b or 3c.

Thanks for the review. It worked well for your hair, which looks really cute! I haven't tried this product but sometimes I apply a small amount of the Gel-les'c or Milkshake over my left in conditioner for extra hold/security. I've never used one of their products alone though.

Post the pic of your braidout. We'd love to see that too! :)

Fantastic review to go with fantastic hair. I just wanted to write that I just purchased samples of Qhemet and the sent it out 2 days later. and then 3 days later my package arrived lol. I live in California, so I think I got my items pretty quickly. Maybe it was becuase they were sample sizes?

Part of what makes it so confusing is that people won't take decent pictures of their hair naked or un-styled. Also, its hard to find a person with only one texture. Most 3c are a mix of 3c and 4a.

Hair3-vi.jpg

2718949580_3c650ba413_o.jpg

Mostly 3c hair
Picture013-vi.jpg

curls9208_02.jpg

4a hair is more like puffy but large ringlets. It has more of a huge, definite curl at the ends, but it is not as shiny (naturally) as 3b or 3c.

Are some of these pics members here?

OP looks to be 3c/4a to me. Either way, your hair is gorgeous- thanks for sharing! Love the braidout.

Hair3-vi.jpg

This looks 3a ish to me- much too loose to be considered 3C or even 3b. Maybe I dont understand the typing system.

I like the Curls Whipped Cream. About to buy my 3rd jar of it as a matter of fact. BUT, I don't use it throughout my hair. I like to use it when I make ponytails, and smooth my hair down with it instead of or in addition to gel. In this capacity, I can't live without it. :lick:

ETA: The picture above is 3a :imo: This whole sheen/shiny thing having anything to do with curl typing is new to me and the first time that I have ever heard it described that way... I always thought it had to do with the size of one's curls. Women can have big ringlets, but have "afro textured hair" or highly-textured hair for example. Why does it matter if it's shiny or not? :dazed:

Last edited:
Back