Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-)

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

No juicing for me until wash day (saturday), I straightened my hair b/c I needed a trim :sad: ... juicing will make it revert. I'll be back on it next week.

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

In my daily m&s, I'm jucing with scurl and sealing with kimmaytube's leave-in. So far, so good.

I finally found S-curl in Jamaica Yay. I prefer it to CFCG and I lerrrrve the smell.

did anyone notice that on the back of the bottle they advise that u to "seal in the moisture" with pink lotion?

I want in! Avatar is my starting point. I am going to use CFC Gold until that is used up and then SSF. I am natural and wear my hair curly 99% of the time.

Last edited:

Cowashed.... back to semi-jucin in a ponytail until the 24th!

these juicing threads are too much!!! live by tha juice die by tha juice ...juicehotline.....:lachen::lachen: damn crackheads the lot of you:lachen:.............ill be buying my juice b4 the end of the week :look:

Last edited:

I'm back juicing my hair

puff n go with care free curl gold

I finally found S-curl in Jamaica Yay. I prefer it to CFCG and I lerrrrve the smell.

did anyone notice that on the back of the bottle they advise that u to "seal in the moisture" with pink lotion?

:yep: I noticed it on the Scurl bottle, I think that anytime something says "oil moisturizer" it should be used as a sealant or not used at all! :grin:

these juicing threads are too much!!! live by tha juice die by tha juice ...juicehotline.....:lachen::lachen: damn crackheads the lot of you:lachen:.............ill be buying my juice b4 the end of the week :look:

:bat:MmmmmHmmm thats what I THOUGHT!!! :bat:

Get to Juicin'!!! :poke:

:look:....:giggle:...:lachen:

Ok, I tried S-curl (in the white bottle w/blue writing) back when I was relaxed and hated it on my fine strands.

But I had a set of kinky twists a while back, and used African Royale braid spray, and my hair loved it ('m transitioning, almost all natural now). I just recently looked at the original post and realized that I was "juicing". I sprayed some of the African Royale on my loose hair the other day out of frustration bc it was so dry and nothing was helping. Lo and behold, I now bow down to the power of the juice!

:lachen::lachen:

Today is wash day for me and I'm going to be back on the juice :yay:

I really missed it too .. I feel like my hair was beggin for some all week .. and this felt like the longest week ever ...

You guys, I have combined the juice challenge with the ceremides challenge. Never has my hair been so happy! I am now able to do a bun and transition with ease.:yep: I am so happy I found this thread and the ceremides thread.:woot:

^^ yay! Congrats DD! I'm doing this too. I just started sealing my juice in with sunflower oil yesterday. So far so good!

:lachen::lachen:

Today is wash day for me and I'm going to be back on the juice :yay:

I really missed it too .. I feel like my hair was beggin for some all week .. and this felt like the longest week ever ...

*Jamaican style kissing my teeth* they didnt have the juice at my local store !!! im missing out on quality one on one juicing time!

just got kinky twists juicing with braid spray and nu gro moisturizer spray

You guys, I have combined the juice challenge with the ceremides challenge. Never has my hair been so happy! I am now able to do a bun and transition with ease.:yep: I am so happy I found this thread and the ceremides thread.:woot:

juicing AND ceramides huh easy now you sure you can handle it....medics will be on standby @juicing hotline if u need help and get overcome with the lusciousness of your smooth soft hair :lachen:

Co-washed, juiced with cfcg/African Braid spray/distilled water mix. I made batch#5 of shealoe and the shea butter was GRITTY ... arrrrrrrrrrgh! :wallbash:

I dumped the shealoe into a glass pot, added some sunflower oil and let everything melt. I used a handmixer to blend, let it cool and poured it into a tub. The sunflower oil smoothed out the grittiness of the shea butter. So now I got shealoe plus ceramide leave-in :lick:

Co-washed, juiced with cfcg/African Braid spray/distilled water mix. I made batch#5 of shealoe and the shea butter was GRITTY ... arrrrrrrrrrgh! :wallbash:

I dumped the shealoe into a glass pot, added some sunflower oil and let everything melt. I used a handmixer to blend, let it cool and poured it into a tub. The sunflower oil smoothed out the grittiness of the shea butter. So now I got shealoe plus ceramide leave-in :lick:

Sounds like the sheaaloe was planting flowers and taking baths lol :lachen:

Where do you buy your shea buttah from? Try www.coastalscents.com :eyebrows2

Sounds like the sheaaloe was planting flowers and taking baths lol :lachen:

Where do you buy your shea buttah from? Try www.coastalscents.com :eyebrows2

Thanks for the link, Chelz. I ran out of shea butter and went to a local shop. The first 2 tubs were fine but the last tub is not the same quality. My sister told me about Nubian Heritage. I used to shop at Maadina when I lived in NYC so I will compare coastalscents & Nubian Heritage with Madina. I need a reliable source and the shop is too expensive.

Thanks for the link, Chelz. I ran out of shea butter and went to a local shop. The first 2 tubs were fine but the last tub is not the same quality. My sister told me about Nubian Heritage. I used to shop at Maadina when I lived in NYC so I will compare coastalscents & Nubian Heritage with Madina. I need a reliable source and the shop is too expensive.

Yeah coastal scents has nice reviews, look at these vids on their shea butter, they also sell black soap, oils, african honey,etc. There are plenty of youtube vids on them, :yep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouEXlh6_-dY&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUd1h3UCbkA&feature=related

^^^^ haven't gone through all the posts but how are you all using shea butter? can you use any shea butter? i have some but have used it on my face, never my hair. perhaps it can double for hair and face.

Still juicing. Started back with half water/half pure veg glycerine. :)My hair is loving it and I'm going to keep juicing till it gets cold. :D

^^^^ haven't gone through all the posts but how are you all using shea butter? can you use any shea butter? i have some but have used it on my face, never my hair. perhaps it can double for hair and face.

I mix up shealoe (shea butter, coconut oil, aloe vera gel) and use it on skin and hair. I have been in the pool almost daily this summer and it protects my hair from chlorine. There are many recipes on line, youtube and this vendors sells shealoe http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/product.asp?product_id=shealoe&affiliate=32964 There may be other shealoe vendors listed in posts on LHCF.

I like unrefined raw shea butter for making shealoe. I like shealoe because it is soft and easy to apply to skin or hair. Some people whip their SB or buy it whipped.

hey ladies, I need help
I was in cornrows for the past two weeks and juicing regularly (just started baggying at night), but when i took my cornrows down tonight I felt like i was shedding/ breaking more than usual. This never happened before and i have been on the juice for over 6 months
Could this be, because of products built up? any information will be appreciated

Back