Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-)

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

Bought some more S-curl today! 16 oz. bottle at Walmart was the same price I was paying for the 8 oz. bottle at other stores. Juiced up!!

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

Clarified, oil rinsed, conditioned and juiced :)

Hello ladies!! I'm currently juicing with my mixture of water, glycerin, aloe vera juice, SAA and infusium 23 repairology. I've been going hard the past 2 months or so but really going hard since I got my senegalese twists put in. Today I got some african pride braid spray and I'm going to alternate between my mixture and the braid spray every night :yep:

Juicing and enjoying it. Tonight it's WN sealed with a little of HE LTR split end protector and argan oil.

I'm in! I used to do this consistently and retained a lot of length when I was texlaxed and transitioning. But now with my TWA any creamy products are too much to leave in my hair. Spray is the way to go.

Regimen
Cowash daily and will follow up "juice"
At night I will full head baggy with "juice"
I will balance this out with protein by cowashing at least 1x/wkly with a light protein and do a protein treatment monthly

Juices
Oyin Handmade's Juices & Berries
Hairveda's Hydrasilica Spritz
Curls Lavish Curls
Qhemet's Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm
Anita Grant's Rose Aloe Oil Free Spritz

I will add to this list of juices because I am a pj and get bored easily.

I am in the HYH challenge so here is my starting pic from 7/31:
ChallengePic6.jpg

Last edited:

Still juicin ladies!

I am still juicing and it's making my twist outs last forever!!

I'm still juicing as often as a can. some days i don't because I would rather rollerset my hair. BUT, my ends look fuller and healthier and my hair is very moisturized and shiny. Tangles are also non-existent.

Juicing (and basically everything else) is SO much easier now that my hair is shorter. I feel like I am going to save soooo much money on restocking products now.

still juicing. Anyways know how to help me with my shedding issues. I am shedding like a dog

Juiced hair with CFCG/African braid spray into 5 bantu knots. Sealed knots with hibiscus-coconut oil mixed with hemp oil.

still juicing. Anyways know how to help me with my shedding issues. I am shedding like a dog

Moisture and Protein are like YEN and YANG

Regular Protein treatments combined with regular moisture will keep a seady balance and less shedding. hth

I just started HS14n1 today. We'll see how it compares to CFCG!

I posted this in the pregnancy forum:

I started shedding around 3 or so months after my son was born. It only lasted 2 weeks. I went to the hair section and found a few remedies that seemed to work. 1) garlic - if you are breast feeding this may be an issue. If you decided to take the pills I would double up. But be careful because garlic is a blood thinner. 2) garlic conditioner. Nitrine has a orderless garlic conditioner. I started cowashing with this. 3) coffee rinses - I think the coffee has to have caffine.

Thank you for the response Mrs. Verde and naturae. I used to have a garlic deep conditioner but it suddenly disappear out of my house. I just cant remember the name of it. But I am going to google some garlic conditioner's names

Since I've been juic'n with S-Curl every morning I might as well join the challenge, if it's not too late. I juice in the morning with a touch of HE LTR and seal with coconut oil and sometimes hemp seed oil.

May the juice be with you!:grin:

I'm having the same problem. I ordered Nitrine Garlic condish. I hope this helps. At least it's not breakage...

I am still on the juice wagon and going strong! Juicing up with HS 14n1 and CFCG. Been alternating depending on how I am wearing my hair.

I just started HS14n1 today. We'll see how it compares to CFCG!

:grin: Yep I am doing a test run on HS14n1 (on my right) and CFCG on my left. So far, it seems like the CFCG doesn't really "sit" on top of my hair like the HS. I have always loved my HS. I will be so sad if CFCG wins but happy at the same time.

I am natural. I don't know my hair type. I do know that it loves to knot up in single stands. Its always dry and even though Ive been growing my hair long for 3 years I still don't know squat about it. :drunk:

I am still on the juice wagon and going strong! Juicing up with HS 14n1 and CFCG. Been alternating depending on how I am wearing my hair.

hmmm seems like more and more ppl are comparing or using both HS 14n1 and CFCG. which do you prefer for what hairstyle?

What is your hair type? Natural or relaxed?

mild protein treatment, sunflower oil rinse, juiced with cfcg/african better braid spray blend. Celie braids sealed with with hemp & hibiscus-coconut oil.

I'm not juicing with S Curl anymore. Juicing with my fantasia IC gel with Sparkle Lites -- the green bottle as a PC. But I am spritzing daily with Eqyss Avocado Mist.. I love this stuff.

I'm a mega juicer!! :yep: Pics attached: June 10, July 10, Aug 10.
Using Hawaiian Silky and S Curl.

Attachments

• hair journey 187.jpg
    hair journey 187.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 20
  • hair journey 276.jpg
    hair journey 276.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 19
  • hair journey 286.jpg
    hair journey 286.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 19

Still juicing with water, CFCG, and aloe vera juice .. my hair love this stuff!

^^ Every time you post something, I drool over your puff!

Still juicing with my BRX spray and S-Curl mixture.

Still Juicy with HS14n1 and sealing with EVCO! My ends look so good and my last trim was was May 10. I'm trying to juicy bun until December and use the juice to take me through this 6 month relaxer stretch. I"m just 6 weeks post right now but my new growth is alot which is good! Also I haven't used direct heat since March of this year. It's really doing wonders for my retention!

HHG!

Back