Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-)

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

When I first startin juicin with SCurl I would spray it directly on my hair at night and bun but would wake up with weighed down hair. It was soft but it was kind of noodley and felt producty. I found that I avoided that by spraying like 2-4 pumps into my hand and putting it on my hair, starting at the ends. I do 3 sections of hair (sides and back). This helped alot. The SCurl comes out alot with each spray and i'm spray happy so I would almost soak my hair with it. I find a little goes a long way with my fine strands. Spraying the CHI keratin mist also helped. I use that for protein so I don't have to worry about moisture overload and it smells good. HTH!

This helps me a lot! Thanks Alima. I have def. been over doing it with the S-Curl. Literally saturating my hair with it like I'm trying to DC! :lachen: I will be alturnating between S-curl for moisture and Aphogee leave-in for protein.

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

Lol its ok. I did that for about a week wondering why the heck my hair looked so weighed down. I almost stopped juicin because in the morning, it would look like a mess and I would have to bun it. I hate bunning by the way. I feel like it makes me look a million years older. Even though I should know better because when my mom gave up doing my hair in 7th grade, all I knew how to do was bun. By the time I reached high school, my hair was almost MB, luscious, and healthy. I ended up destroying it in the beginning of college through neglect and crappy flat irons but its getting better now. My goal is to have it back to BS-MB length.

I'll never stop juicin!!!

I've tried a bunch of different juices and Scurl is still where it's at.

This juice mix is making my hair so soft! its just wat i needed!

Here's my mini juice update.. my hair is just lightly blowdried
April 2010
H2.jpg

Today
Snapshot_20100805_1.jpg

Snapshot_20100805-1.jpg

<<Sorry for the blurriness.. my camera broke and I was using my web cam>>

Last edited:

Here's my mini juice update.. my hair is just lightly blowdried
April 2010
H2.jpg

Today
Snapshot_20100805_1.jpg

Snapshot_20100805-1.jpg

<<Sorry for the blurriness.. my camera broke and I was using my web cam>>

Your hair has DEFINITELY filled out!!!!!
rogpen.gif
boogie.gif
welldone.gif
boogie.gif
rogpen.gif

..........................................................:clap:
multistars.gif
:clap:

I LOVEEEE your hair color
biglove.gif
, looks kinda like mine except you have more blonde in yours.
rockon.gif

Thanks!!! I loveee your color too :)

I still juicing with my scurl mix with water

danigurl, your hair has made such great progress. your hair looked chin length in the first picture and it looks shoulder length in the recent ones. your ends also filled up ALOT which is the hardest part for alot of people including me. my hair grows pretty fast but keeping my ends moisturized so they don't break off and become thin was a big problem for me before juicing. Great job =)

Still juicing. I'm going to the BSS today to see if I can find CFC Gold. Just because... I don't need it but I think I'm becoming a PJ with the juice.

i'm going to the juicing with the Chi Keratin and the S Curl, so thanks Alima!

maybe that will help give more strength to my strands, too....

Alima, is there any particular order in which you use these two products?

also, i agree ladies, it is much better to put the spray pumps into my hands and then apply it rather than to spray it directly on my hair.
when i direct spray, it never seems to get evenly distributed and trying to distribute it causes too much manipulation for my low manipulation goals.

I had to cut about 4 inches in April because I had damage from the BKT treatment that I bought... turns out that I had used the bottle and it had expired :/ But when I stretch my hair out I'm APL now :)

Last edited:

Still juicin' :) Today I mixed S-curl with the Taliah Waajid leave-in...what a great combo! juice and a little ceramide nice :up:

Checking in:

I can't use S-Curl on my relaxed hair because it makes the hair hard and dry. My NG loves it though. I don't know if I'm going to get kicked out for this, but I'm only going to use S-Curl on my natural hair, and use my Palmers hair milk and Palmer's oil (mixed with wheat germ oil) on my relaxed ends.

Still juicing with stay so soft fro! Sometimes with Carefree Curl or Wave Noveau

Still juicin. I use scurl for the summer but in the winter I think I will use TW moisture mist. I also have the wave nouveau mist that I haven't tried yet.

Try some CHI Keratin Mist I am using this on my braids :D and Braid Spray.

Still doing this I want to see how my hair is holding up, once I take my braids out. :)

oh yeah... i'm getting closer and closer to hl yall :D i wont be taking any pix til sept though

BRX spray is working miracles for me. its even helping with the itchies :yep:

Hey Joseelie!:wave:

Looks like you are a fellow transitioner! 14 months today for me!! :rocker:

Congrats on reaching 14 months, next week will be my turn

Checking in....just juiced up w/HS 14-in-1......oh yeah

Checking in....just juiced up w/HS 14-in-1......oh yeah

I just discovered hs14n1 yesterday and MAN I love it! If I would have discovered it earlier I would have definitely joined this challenge. My buns are juicy and ends are healthy!

I'll just peep in everynow and then and wait for Part3 to join.

Let Your Soul Glow!

I just discovered hs14n1 yesterday and MAN I love it! If I would have discovered it earlier I would have definitely joined this challenge. My buns are juicy and ends are healthy!

I'll just peep in everynow and then and wait for Part3 to join.

Let Your Soul Glow!

Girl you can still join!:poke: Its only been a lil over a month, you have until next July! Sooo your name is goin on the list! :mob::gotroasted::mob:

:welcome2:

When I first startin juicin with SCurl I would spray it directly on my hair at night and bun but would wake up with weighed down hair. It was soft but it was kind of noodley and felt producty. I found that I avoided that by spraying like 2-4 pumps into my hand and putting it on my hair, starting at the ends. I do 3 sections of hair (sides and back). This helped alot. The SCurl comes out alot with each spray and i'm spray happy so I would almost soak my hair with it. I find a little goes a long way with my fine strands. Spraying the CHI keratin mist also helped. I use that for protein so I don't have to worry about moisture overload and it smells good. HTH!

I ended up changing the sprayer to one with a fine mist-problem solved.

Still juicing my hair:yep:.

Juiced with Smooth n Shine today

I had to cut about 4 inches in April because I had damage from the BKT treatment that I bought... turns out that I had used the bottle and it had expired :/ But when I stretch my hair out I'm APL now :)

That sucks. I hope you were able to return it and get your money back at least. I just did a BKT for the second time a few weeks ago. I'm waiting for it to be a month so I can take pictures. Congrats on being APL =) I'm around APL now. I'm hoping to be close to BSL by December.

i'm going to the juicing with the Chi Keratin and the S Curl, so thanks Alima!

maybe that will help give more strength to my strands, too....

Alima, is there any particular order in which you use these two products?

also, i agree ladies, it is much better to put the spray pumps into my hands and then apply it rather than to spray it directly on my hair.
when i direct spray, it never seems to get evenly distributed and trying to distribute it causes too much manipulation for my low manipulation goals.

I spray the keratin mist all over my hair first. Then I put like 1 pump into my hand and concentrate on my ends, esp in the back where I was suffering from breakage. Idk if this is necessary but I really want to make sure that those problem areas get enough. I then put the SCurl. I've been doing it every night with no problems. My hair is extrememly dry so I don't think its possible for me to overmoisturize. But if I spend more than about 4 days (lol i get lazy when I'm home) without washing my hair it starts getting weighed down. HTH!

Back