Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-)

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

I still have my crochet braids in and I cleanse my scalp every 3 days with witch hazel and then juice my cornrows with scurl. My hair is so soft underneath. Gotta love the juice but I'm sure I'll need protein when I take them down in 2 weeks.

Try some CHI Keratin Mist I am using this on my braids :D and Braid Spray.

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

Hi ladies, so i've been using care free curl gold for about a week a more not really sure, but my softness is gone. my hair used to feel really soft with just my mango butter but ever since i joined this challenge my hair feels different-not as soft.

Why could this be, is it making my hair stronger am i doing something wrong?

What is the humidity level like wher you live? Humectants like glycerine works best when humidity is above 65%. That may the problem but if not, I'm not sure what's going on with your hair. Your hair simply may not like the care free curl gold and you may need to try using something else.

What is the humidity level like wher you live? Humectants like glycerine works best when humidity is above 65%. That may the problem but if not, I'm not sure what's going on with your hair. Your hair simply may not like the care free curl gold and you may need to try using something else.

you know what idk the humidity outside i know it's 103 degrees but thats it, but i dont even go outside becuase school is out and i dont have a job so maybe that is the problem. any suggestions?

Hey ladies. I fell off the bandwagon for about 3 weeks and in that time I've definitely noticed an increase to the amount of hair in my comb. :nono: I need to get back on the juice asap!!!!!

Is it too late to join? If not, add me please because I decided to use Luster's S-Curl Spray today (had it in my stash for about 2 years :look:). It R-O-C-K-E-D my world - so soft... :drunk:

is it too late to join?? if it is ill just do my own personal juice challenge and post my results here....unless u let me in :-)

I just joined the site but I've been lurking for a while. I read this whole thread and bought a bottle of S-Curl about a month ago. I finally got my hair to behave!! Every night I spray some CHI keratin mist and then some S-Curl and put my hair up in a pineapple. By morning time my hair is super soft and shiny. My wash and gos last for days now. I'm so happy =)

I'm hoping the S-Curl helps me with the W I have in the back where my hair broke off because I was neglecting it without even realizing. I'd completely ignore the back of my head when I applied products cause I'd do the front and then grab my hair into a ponytail and add some more, completely ignoring the middle back section. Oh well, lesson learned.

Nice to meet you ladies =) I'm almost done with my first bottle!

Hi ladies, so i've been using care free curl gold for about a week a more not really sure, but my softness is gone. my hair used to feel really soft with just my mango butter but ever since i joined this challenge my hair feels different-not as soft.

Why could this be, is it making my hair stronger am i doing something wrong?

MMmmm could it be the protein? :scratchch Maybe you should alternate sometimes with a different juice,:yep:

Is it too late to join? If not, add me please because I decided to use Luster's S-Curl Spray today (had it in my stash for about 2 years :look:). It R-O-C-K-E-D my world - so soft... :drunk:

Lol I will add you, your wish is my command :bdance:

is it too late to join?? if it is ill just do my own personal juice challenge and post my results here....unless u let me in :-)

Its never too late to juice,Come on in!:grin::grin::grin:

I just joined the site but I've been lurking for a while. I read this whole thread and bought a bottle of S-Curl about a month ago. I finally got my hair to behave!! Every night I spray some CHI keratin mist and then some S-Curl and put my hair up in a pineapple. By morning time my hair is super soft and shiny. My wash and gos last for days now. I'm so happy =)

I'm hoping the S-Curl helps me with the W I have in the back where my hair broke off because I was neglecting it without even realizing. I'd completely ignore the back of my head when I applied products cause I'd do the front and then grab my hair into a ponytail and add some more, completely ignoring the middle back section. Oh well, lesson learned.

Nice to meet you ladies =) I'm almost done with my first bottle!

:welcome2:

Nice to meet you too! :circle:

Hey ladies. I fell off the bandwagon for about 3 weeks and in that time I've definitely noticed an increase to the amount of hair in my comb. :nono: I need to get back on the juice asap!!!!!

:blush::blush::blush:

....:look:....:perplexed....:ohwell:....:nono:

Well dont waste any more time, you gotta get ya lil self ta juicin' and nip that in the bud! :yep:

Try some CHI Keratin Mist I am using this on my braids :D and Braid Spray.
I see you JJamiah!! :detective:

you know what idk the humidity outside i know it's 103 degrees but thats it, but i dont even go outside becuase school is out and i dont have a job so maybe that is the problem. any suggestions?

Hmmmm:look: Yall arent on the list yet...*Adds names to list* :work:

And chocolatedoll18 there can be humidity in your house as well, unless yall got the air on blast,:lachen:

Still keepin it juicy! Switched over to BRX spray for my braids under my sew in and it feels SO good!

August 1, 2010.jpg
This was taken Aug 2, 2010. Cannot tell if it's growing. i will take another shot with it down later in the week.

Last edited:

Ok... so... I've been avoiding this thread because I feel ashamed that I fell off on this challenge. :look: I was using CFCG almost everyday up until 2 weeks ago... It started making my hair feel stiff, but I upped the moisture and it was all good again. I think CFCG has too much protein for my hair... any suggestions on other juices? I wanna juice for the moisture but I can't have all this protein...

Ok... so... I've been avoiding this thread because I feel ashamed that I fell off on this challenge. :look: I was using CFCG almost everyday up until 2 weeks ago... It started making my hair feel stiff, but I upped the moisture and it was all good again. I think CFCG has too much protein for my hair... any suggestions on other juices? I wanna juice for the moisture but I can't have all this protein...

I think this is what is going on with me, something I am using has too much protein.....

I dont know what it could be... the 14 in 1 hawiaan silky, the coconut oil, royale oil, argan oil? Idk, hope someone can help

Thinking of using that s-curl and dumping the hawiaan silky....

S-curl is very nice, if you don't mind cones.

I see you JJamiah!! :detective:

Hmmmm:look: Yall arent on the list yet...*Adds names to list* :work:

And chocolatedoll18 there can be humidity in your house as well, unless yall got the air on blast,:lachen:

LOL thanks for adding me. im so used to lurking and just doing the challenges without officially joining.:blush:

I did a black tea rinse on Saturday to help with my shedding. Even after a DC with Nexxus Humectin, which my hair looooves, my hair still felt dry!

Applied my juice- Wave Nouveau- and sealed with EVCO.....hair was instantly soft and shiny!!!!

All juiced up for tonight!!

Hey Juicers

I am still juicing faithfully been busy with work and not get chance to log on but I am a juicer for life. I see everyone is still going strong and that is good. Oh I did finally get the Hawiian 14 and I love it too.

I am still Juicin'! I have been for about a month now!! I want to be in this challenge!! Is it ok?

Got a little over saturated so took a week off to 'Assess my hair'. I did a total shampoo and AVC and then saturated with EVO overnite in a baggy....rinsed, airdried, Assessed again, repeated the EVO baggie thingy overnite. After that for a couple of nights sprayed with Infusium and EVO...okay...back on track again. You have to watch the fine hair strands so that hair does not get so overmoisturized that the strands want to stick together. I will be Assessing every week for a couple. Definitely retaining.

Got a little over saturated so took a week off to 'Assess my hair'. I did a total shampoo and AVC and then saturated with EVO overnite in a baggy....rinsed, airdried, Assessed again, repeated the EVO baggie thingy overnite. After that for a couple of nights sprayed with Infusium and EVO...okay...back on track again. You have to watch the fine hair strands so that hair does not get so overmoisturized that the strands want to stick together. I will be Assessing every week for a couple. Definitely retaining.

Girl where you been hiding...:takecover:

Whats your ACV ratio? Like how much water to vinegar ratio?:eyebrows2

But yeah I think thats what happened to my hair a long time ago,
coconut oil on wet relaxed ends=:nono::nono::wallbash::rolleyes:

still here juicin, inching my way lower down me back :D

In braids and still juicing with the AVJ/Glycerin/Water mix

Sorry ladies just found this thread as I slowly make my way around the forum. :wave:

I want to juice! I just picked up Aloe vera juice and rosewater & glycerin and I plan to seal with unpetroleum jelly.

Back