Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-)

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

I ended up changing the sprayer to one with a fine mist-problem solved.

I was thinking about doing that but something about me putting it on with my hands makes me feel like its getting everywhere. Also, I am definitely spray pump happy and would end up over doing it and going through a bottle every 2 weeks. But I know some in here try to manipulate their hair as least as possible so thats good advice for them. I might still do it though for when I'm in a hurry or on the go. The Scurl gives me sticky hands sometimes and if I need a quick fix...(err i mean spritz:look:) of that good ol' juice, that'd definitely come in handy:yep:

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

Newbie Question:

I just picked up Care Free Curl from Sally's, the activator b/c they didn't have the spray.

How do you ladies use it? Should I mix it with water first? I've never used it before and I'm afraid it will make my hair feel sticky and just yuck :nono:

Any suggestions?

BTW here's a pic of my bun all juiced up with water/aloe vera juice/rosewater/glycerin:

img_0910.jpg

img_0911.jpg

Got my CFC Gold and I love it. The consistency is just right. My braid out was soft and fluffy. I have given up on trying to keep the damn waves defined.

Newbie Question:

I just picked up Care Free Curl from Sally's, the activator b/c they didn't have the spray.

How do you ladies use it? Should I mix it with water first? I've never used it before and I'm afraid it will make my hair feel sticky and just yuck :nono:

Any suggestions?

BTW here's a pic of my bun all juiced up with water/aloe vera juice/rosewater/glycerin:

you hair looks so moisturized!!!! :lick:

but yes you can dilute it with water as much as needed to not feel sticky for you

Newbie Question:

Any suggestions?

img_0910.jpg

img_0911.jpg

Let me start off be saying that I LUVVVVV your hair,:love::love::love: the waves and curls are AWESOME!!!:drool: And that shine?? BANGINNNNNN!!!! I see you have fine strands too, that hair is juicayyyyyyyy,:lick: cant nobody tell you NOTHIN!!! :grin::grin::grin:

So you bought the care free curl GOLD? I would suggest trying it on dry hair or atleast mostly dry hair, :yep: But that juicey mix of yours is doing you justice girl, I would say just keep using that or alternate between your mix and the Care Free curl:D Oh and like Mz. MoMo said you can dilute it to your liking!!!

by the way... i forgot to post this here

so i'm not going to straighten until sept or oct. org i said i wouldnt post pix til then but i took a pic because i felt like i was having a really good hair day lol. then i couldnt help but to have some stretched curls pix so this is where i naturally wear my pants (like i said, i think i wear my pants a bit high)... and no laughing at mah gut! lol

514936939_photobucket_29503_-1.jpg

514936939_photobucket_29505_-1.jpg

514936939_photobucket_29506_-1.jpg

514936939_photobucket_29514_-1.jpg

by the way... i forgot to post this here

Lol what gut? Looks fine to me:) And WOWW you creepin up on Hip length aint cha?!! Get it gurlll,:wow:
You go Mz. MoMO! I Lurvvvv it very much!
biglove.gif

:orders: Grow MoMo grow MoMo Grow!!!!
multistars.gif

I blew some magical fairy growth dust thru your screen to help get you to hip length, did you catch it?
computer3.gif

Heyyy Chelz! I'm just stopping thru to say Hello. I'm not juicetified these days. I'm in the process of moving so I've been off my juice'n game. Stay juicy fo meh!
Juices!

CFCG today.......I got that Soul Glo :D

Lol what gut? Looks fine to me:) And WOWW you creepin up on Hip length aint cha?!! Get it gurlll,:wow:
You go Mz. MoMO! I Lurvvvv it very much!
biglove.gif

:orders: Grow MoMo grow MoMo Grow!!!!
multistars.gif

I blew some magical fairy growth dust thru your screen to help get you to hip length, did you catch it?
computer3.gif

i'm rubbing it on my scalp mixed with evco right now as i type lol

S-Curl was on sale at the BSS by my house so I got some.. I put it on clean hair tonight so I'll check back and let yall know how it goes in the morning... I still love my HS14N1 :)

Girl you can still join!:poke: Its only been a lil over a month, you have until next July! Sooo your name is goin on the list! :mob::gotroasted::mob:

:welcome2:

thanks! This made my day! I'll post starting pics and regi soon! I'm juicing with some of the most beautiful heads of hair ever! What an honor!

Be blessed!

Let me start off be saying that I LUVVVVV your hair,:love::love::love: the waves and curls are AWESOME!!!:drool: And that shine?? BANGINNNNNN!!!! I see you have fine strands too, that hair is juicayyyyyyyy,:lick: cant nobody tell you NOTHIN!!! :grin::grin::grin:

So you bought the care free curl GOLD? I would suggest trying it on dry hair or atleast mostly dry hair, :yep: But that juicey mix of yours is doing you justice girl, I would say just keep using that or alternate between your mix and the Care Free curl:D Oh and like Mz. MoMo said you can dilute it to your liking!!!

Thanks gurl lol my strands are really fine and they have a mind of their own too. I always have a halo before the day is over :grin:

I wish I saw your responses before I rinsed out my DC though .. I just applied it to my wet/damp hair and i wasn't sure I was feeling it. I'll try semi-dry hair next time.

Thanks ladies!

I'm almost out of my mix .. they only had small bottles in whole foods :sad:

Last edited:

:wacky: :newbie: I am oh so late but I want to join!! I used CFCG today and :love: it!!!!

I have questions though.
1. Should I have used the juice in combination with a leave in condish AND IC Gel with Sparklites? Is that overkill?

2. My hair never seems to dry, what is that about?

Juicing with scurl, loving it. Scurl seems to work best for me in the humid climates in FL. H14n1 feels good when I first apply but it dries my hair out by the end of the day. CFCG & WN are so-so. CFCG seems to just coat my hair. Sticking with Scurl for the moment.

:wacky: :newbie: I am oh so late but I want to join!! I used CFCG today and :love: it!!!!

I have questions though.
1. Should I have used the juice in combination with a leave in condish AND IC Gel with Sparklites? Is that overkill?

2. My hair never seems to dry, what is that about?

Heyyyy thereee:wave:

1. No not necessarily, do what works for you,:yep:

2.How are you wearing your hair, in a bun?

Heyyyy thereee:wave:

1. No not necessarily, do what works for you,:yep:

2.How are you wearing your hair, in a bun?

Hi :)

I wear my hair in a puff! I wish I had enough for a bun :grin: To sleep I sectioned it and used those ouchless hair ties to put it in to mini puffs and tuck the edges. I don't know how to cornrow and I don't have enough time for two strand twists and am still too short to braid. :yep:

Seeing as how im still new to this HHJ i was looking up info about winter regimens and most people dont use glycerin, so i was wondering what we use for this challenge in the winter or is it a certain way too use what we're already using or any info will be great. sorry if this was already talked about but i dont have time to read the whole thread.

Definately not feeling the S-curl.. back to my Hawaiian Silky :)

Seeing as how im still new to this HHJ i was looking up info about winter regimens and most people dont use glycerin, so i was wondering what we use for this challenge in the winter or is it a certain way too use what we're already using or any info will be great. sorry if this was already talked about but i dont have time to read the whole thread.

i personally use my juice year round. the only think i change in the winter is how often i shampoo. but the juice stays :D

everyones hair reacts differently to different things at different times. so its up to you, you have to see how your hair reacts to it and make adjustments as you go

checkin in still juicing daily

I juiced up for the day

Still juicing... But I'm using the Braid Spray for the month since i just had a relaxer a couple of weeks ago. When I get to a month post then I will start using the S-Curl

I am using HS14N1 and sealing with EVCO! Wearing Juicy buns during the week and rollerwrapping on the weekends.

I cowash 2 - 3 times a week
Henna once a month
DC and Hot oil treatments weekly
No shampoo
No direct heat
stretch relaxers to 12 weeks
no trimming until May 2011
i am currently 2 inches from APL
goal by July next year is MBL (I have 6 inches to go)
Let's do this.

My starting pic is my avatar.

Juicing with scurl, loving it. Scurl seems to work best for me in the humid climates in FL. H14n1 feels good when I first apply but it dries my hair out by the end of the day. CFCG & WN are so-so. CFCG seems to just coat my hair. Sticking with Scurl for the moment.

Again I swear by S Curl! My hair :heart: it! I just sprayed some on my hair at my work desk!

Back