Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-)

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

Quick question...I was auditioning a juicing product to see if I like it enough to join the challenge, but I think I bought the wrong thing.:perplexed I got the Care Free Hair and Scalp Spray. Does that qualify?? It has glycerine, but it's not pictured in the product list on page 1. My hair doesn't feel soft when I use it--but it definitely feels more strengthened and there's little to no hair coming out in my comb.

Here's the product description:
* For body waves and natural styles
* Provides body and sheen
* Light, long lasting

Exclusively formulated for today's "Dry Curl" style to help prevent hair breakage while providing "round the clock" moisture control without excess wetness. Excellent for body waves and natural styles.

Ingredients
Aqua (Water) , Propylene Glycol , Glycerin , PPG-5-Ceteth-20 , Imidazolidinyl Urea , Methylparaben , Parfum (Fragrance) , Linalool , Hexyl Cinnamal , Benzyl Salicylate , Benzyl Benzoate , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Limonene

I'm currently wearing a partial sew-in so I think I'll use the Hair and Scalp Sprap for the braided hair under the weave and buy Hawaiian Silky for the hair that's left out.

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

Again I swear by S Curl! My hair :heart: it! I just sprayed some on my hair at my work desk!
You are crazy! At your desk? Guess you gotta juice when you gotta juice. :drunk::lachen:

I must say I really love this Scurl! It is amazing. I have been experiencing breakage, so I used Pantene Pro-V Relaxed and Natural Deep Conditioning Mask Breakage Defense to help with that while my hair is in a wet bun. I used it as a leave in. I am sure this will help me out when the month is over :)

Last edited:

Quick question...I was auditioning a juicing product to see if I like it enough to join the challenge, but I think I bought the wrong thing.:perplexed I got the Care Free Hair and Scalp Spray. Does that qualify?? It has glycerine, but it's not pictured in the product list on page 1. My hair doesn't feel soft when I use it--but it definitely feels more strengthened and there's little to no hair coming out in my comb.

Here's the product description:
* For body waves and natural styles
* Provides body and sheen
* Light, long lasting

Exclusively formulated for today's "Dry Curl" style to help prevent hair breakage while providing "round the clock" moisture control without excess wetness. Excellent for body waves and natural styles.

Ingredients
Aqua (Water) , Propylene Glycol , Glycerin , PPG-5-Ceteth-20 , Imidazolidinyl Urea , Methylparaben , Parfum (Fragrance) , Linalool , Hexyl Cinnamal , Benzyl Salicylate , Benzyl Benzoate , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Limonene

I'm currently wearing a partial sew-in so I think I'll use the Hair and Scalp Sprap for the braided hair under the weave and buy Hawaiian Silky for the hair that's left out.

Yes you can use that one if you want since it does have glycerin, but I dont know anyone else that uses it...:look:

That sounds like a good product combo though :)

What is the verdict on using glycerin during the winter months???

Hey, guys,

I haven't been able to Juice It Up, Cause I'm Flowin' and Fab (straightened hair for vacation), right now, but I should be back to my old curly ways soon.

Juicing has definitely helped retain my ends and I realize I only have to dust after going months and month and months (and you get the pic) with out trimming. I use my concoction which works well for Team Br*nze. We have an entire family of BSL and Beyond Naturals so we need all the help we can get with detangling and such, lol.

Just thought I'd check in before the Juice Patrol sends Juice Bombs my way and gets all verbally abusive and violent which is just so unnecessary and over the top, *sheesh.*

J/K

Luv Ya, Chelz

Now, let's meet for Waistlenth Cocktails, shall we?.............................

Last edited:

Hey, guys,

I haven't been able to Juice It Up, Cause I'm Flowin' and Fab (straightened hair for vacation), right now, but I should be back to my old curly ways soon.

Juicing has definitely helped retain my ends and I realize I only have to dust after going months and month and months (and you get the pic) with out trimming. I use my concoction which works well for Team Br*nze. We have an entire family of BSL and Beyond Naturals so we need all the help we can get with detangling and such, lol.

Just thought I'd check in before the Juice Patrol sends Juice Bombs my way and gets all verbally abusive and violent which is just so unnecessary and over the top, *sheesh.*

J/K

Luv Ya, Chelz

Now, let's meet for Waistlenth Cocktails, shall we?.............................

LMAOOO nooooo I dont wanna drink any eggs! Noooo dont make me! :barf:

When I first startin juicin with SCurl I would spray it directly on my hair at night and bun but would wake up with weighed down hair. It was soft but it was kind of noodley and felt producty. I found that I avoided that by spraying like 2-4 pumps into my hand and putting it on my hair, starting at the ends. I do 3 sections of hair (sides and back). This helped alot. The SCurl comes out alot with each spray and i'm spray happy so I would almost soak my hair with it. I find a little goes a long way with my fine strands. Spraying the CHI keratin mist also helped. I use that for protein so I don't have to worry about moisture overload and it smells good. HTH!

Wow you know I have CHI Keratin and never thought of using it like that:wallbash:. Thanks for sharing this. :lick:

I am juicing the heck out of these braids. I wash & DC once a week and I juice every day x2

I must say I really love this Scurl! It is amazing. I have been experiencing breakage, so I used Pantene Pro-V Relaxed and Natural Deep Conditioning Mask Breakage Defense to help with that while my hair is in a wet bun. I used it as a leave in. I am sure this will help me out when the month is over :)

Your experiencing breakage from the Scurl?

Juiced with mix of cfcg, african braid sheen, sally's gvp infusium 23, aloe vera juice. ends sealed with hemp seed oil.

Still jucin' Yall :yep:

i finished my 16 oz. bottle of S-Curl on Saturday so yesterday i went to the BSS and picked up the 32 oz bottle :lick:

Juiced with mix of cfcg, african braid sheen, sally's gvp infusium 23, aloe vera juice. ends sealed with hemp seed oil.

dropjaw.gif
Sloww down there Choc, thats quite a mix, :lol:

Have you gone swimming lately with shea and aloe?

still juicing with shescentit moisture mist. I'm almost out! :-( I'm such a natural freak, I want to stay with natural products but my money ain't right, so I might take a look at Scurl..But yeah, I'm loving how my hair feels!

Is anyone making their own juice by the way?

Okay I'm slow, I just saw the home made one on the front of the page. Thanks Chelz!

*whoot-whoot* - I can finally cornrow the back of my head (where my always itchy bald spot once was). Thanks to the juice!!

I mixed my CFCG with water and aloe vera juice (fresh out of rosewater :ohwell:) ... sooooo much better. I don't know what it was but my hair loving this combination now :lick:

Thanks again ladies for your help!

LMAOOO nooooo I dont wanna drink any eggs! Noooo dont make me! :barf:

Girl its not the eggs you need to worry about. Its that darned wheat germ oil:nono:. I don't even taste the eggs.

Anywho, I just finished my first bottle of Scurl. I'm using a different juice until I go buy some. Its Curls Quenched Curls Moisturizer and it smells great but I was only juicing with it when I washed my hair because its more expensive than Scurl:ohwell:.

Still using BRX Braid Sprya to juice with daily. I had mixed it with some S-Curl Moisturizer and it leaves my hair really soft at the roots. I :love: it a lot.

just checking in ladies! Still juicin daily w/my water bottle mix :yep: & LOVING it!! my hair is growing fast! :D

Still juicing and my hair is loving it.

juicing it up in the morning and at night after a co-wash. I'm gonna do a length check at the end of my curly til' Christmas challenge right now still grazing APL... watchout BSL!

Juicin with CFC and water at night and BRX in the morning before throwing on my wig :yep:

*whoot-whoot* - I can finally cornrow the back of my head (where my always itchy bald spot once was). Thanks to the juice!!

Gooo Pittipat! :woot:

What was that spot caused by?:scratchch

Last edited:

still juicing with shescentit moisture mist. I'm almost out! :-( I'm such a natural freak, I want to stay with natural products but my money ain't right, so I might take a look at Scurl..But yeah, I'm loving how my hair feels!

I feel you on that. I am soooo in love with my donna marie moisture mist but I am starting to get a little low. I want to stick with it because the mist agrees with me more so than the lotions (my hair didn't really take to those well) but it seems like only "natural" companies make the mists... :perplexed
I don't mind paying for them, but the shipping is what's killing me.

Still juicing everyday!:yep:

Back