Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-)

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

i plan to try mixing my s curl with some aloe vera juice today.

maybe that will give it a less heavy feeling on my hair.

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

Try a good moisturizing DC. Especially since you did a henna treatment which isn't a protein, but behaves like one. If you have overly porous hair it can take some time to get it back in order :yep:

Sally's and most BSS carry Roux products. I would recommend using it as directed first and see how that goes. Clear rinses are found @ most BSS and places like CVS and Rite-Aid. Adore and John freida and Elasta QP are some brands that I like.

Still juicin' with tha S-curl :yep:

Today's plan:
2 min protein
DC with AOHSR, WEN moist and coconut oil
roux rinse

I also picked up a sample size of roux leave in. I will wait a bit and see how things are going before using it.

I took the HS out of the rotation for now. I don't think my hair loves it as much as the other juices. I'm just conditioned to avoid mineral oil. :perplexed

When I get things back together I would like try making my own juice. I tried it a couple of years ago but I think I gave up to soon. I prob need to work on ratios.

I decided to take the half bottle of CFC that I have left and add water and a little olive oil to spray on my braids daily while in my latest install. Man it felt so daggone good on my scalp! Cool and refreshing :yep:

I've secretly been juicing...please don't judge me if anyone peep my bottle of S Curl at home they would think I was nuts. :spinning: But dang I love the juice!!! :rolleyes:

:lachen: You crazy Choc! :yep:

I was gonna ask you if this shea butter from amazon is the real thing, cause I have some and it is mustard yellow!!:lachen:
http://www.amazon.com/32oz-African-...sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1280213183&sr=1-2

Is it real?:scratchch Oh and they added that "filtered creamy" part on long after I bought it lol

What did they filter from it? sometimes there are bits of broken shell. Is your shea butter creamy and does it have that signature smell? I just bought a tub yesterday at a local shop and its a beige color.

ETA: I used to buy it from Madina, a wholesaler when I lived in Brooklyn. I googled it and they have a website: http://www.madinaonline.com/index.asp?url=IND I might check them out when I run out of this tub. Their prices are better and they also have black soap bars, body oils. Some times I really miss downtown Brooklyn ... you could buy everything on the street -- clothes, hair care products, food, umbrellas, phones, books ... the vendors had you covered at the subway :lachen:

Last edited:

Today's plan:
2 min protein
DC with AOHSR, WEN moist and coconut oil
roux rinse

I also picked up a sample size of roux leave in. I will wait a bit and see how things are going before using it.

I took the HS out of the rotation for now. I don't think my hair loves it as much as the other juices. I'm just conditioned to avoid mineral oil. :perplexed

When I get things back together I would like try making my own juice. I tried it a couple of years ago but I think I gave up to soon. I prob need to work on ratios.

will someone please fill me in.....i thought Hawaiin Silky did not have mineral oil in it and was just about to pay to have it shipped here.

please let me know because if so, i don't want to buy it much less pay all that shipping to get it to italy!:nono:

thanks ladies!

will someone please fill me in.....i thought Hawaiin Silky did not have mineral oil in it and was just about to pay to have it shipped here.

please let me know because if so, i don't want to buy it much less pay all that shipping to get it to italy!:nono:

thanks ladies!

Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Mineral Oil, PEG-47 Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Polysorbate-60, Triethanolamine, Acetimide AME, Hydrolized Vegetable Protein, Stearyl Alcohol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Menthol, Panthenol DL, Jojoba Oil, Anjelica Root Extract, Articum Lappa Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Mistletoe Extract, Nettle Extract, Oatmeal Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Sage Leaf Extract, Nasturtium Officinale Extract, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothizolinone, Fragrance

Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Mineral Oil, PEG-47 Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Polysorbate-60, Triethanolamine, Acetimide AME, Hydrolized Vegetable Protein, Stearyl Alcohol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Menthol, Panthenol DL, Jojoba Oil, Anjelica Root Extract, Articum Lappa Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Mistletoe Extract, Nettle Extract, Oatmeal Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Sage Leaf Extract, Nasturtium Officinale Extract, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothizolinone, Fragrance

OUCH!!!!:sad:
but THANK YOU!!!:yep:

i've been off mineral oil for the last 7 months and my hair has been thriving so as much as i wanted to try the HS, i'm going to have to pass.:sad:

let's hear it for the s curl!:grin:

Well I'm back on the "juice" again after a week off. My hair loves and missed it!

Also using the "juice" on my hair strands as well, not just the ends. I put the "juice" on the hair, then put the Triple Moisture Leave-In Cream on top finishing it off on the ends with a little Alma oil to seal. :yep: I keep it simple and I do it daily except on Fri and/or Sat night because I'm so tired from the work week.

i've been off mineral oil for the last 7 months and my hair has been thriving so as much as i wanted to try the HS, i'm going to have to pass.:sad:

I :heart: my S Curl. I love it so much that now I keep a bottle at my desk at work for a quick midday spritz :grin:

Does WN Finishing Lotion count as "juice" or do I have to use it with the mist?

i saw something by optimum care for extra moisture and less breakage, i forgot the name but it contains glycerin so i was wondering could i use this as "juice"?

Girl you missing out on that Hawaiian Silky girlllllll:grin: Its one of the few moisturizers/products where I just ignore the mineral oil in it,:rolleyes:

I swear by S Curl, however, I hear that Rosemary Water is good too. Anybody else tried this?

I swear by S Curl, however, I hear that Rosemary Water is good too. Anybody else tried this?

what about adding rosemary tea (boiled dry leaves) to the s curl?:rolleyes:
that would make it strengthening and moisturizing!:grin:
great idea!:yep:

thanks C for the idea, but that mineral oil might dry my hair out while the glycerine makes it "seem" soft and moisturized, right?:perplexed

i used to love luster's pink moisturizing lotion, but had to give it up for the same reason....:sad:

No I meant using Rosemary Water as a "juice", all by itself on it's own.

I don't mix my S Curl with anything, I use it straight and it's works fine for me :yep:

i saw something by optimum care for extra moisture and less breakage, i forgot the name but it contains glycerin so i was wondering could i use this as "juice"?

What color is the bottle? And is the glycerin in the top 4-5 ingredients?

I just did my first self-installed weave yesterday, so I will have to apply my Moisture Mist to my cornrows under the weave for the next 3 weeks. :)

CALLING ALL S CURL USERS:

please explain something to me .....

how do you keep the simethicone in S Curl from building up and blocking other useful moisture from your hair?

i really like S Curl, but this year i started a journey to be cone free (at least the most harmful cones).

do you clarify more often?

do you do acv rinses after every wash? (and/or baking soda?)
i cowash daily, though.

do you just put it on last so that it seals in the previous water based moisturizer?

what order are you ladies placing this product in?

(before oils like jbco; after hair penetrating oils like evoo, avocado oils....before leave-in conditioners, etc...)

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP LADIES!

how do you keep the simethicone in S Curl from building up and blocking other useful moisture from your hair?

i really like S Curl, but this year i started a journey to be cone free (at least the most harmful cones).

i cowash daily, though.

do you just put it on last so that it seals in the previous water based moisturizer?

(before oils like jbco; after hair penetrating oils like evoo, avocado oils....before leave-in conditioners, etc...)

I'm now using S curl and loving it. Would love to hear with others say about this.

I'm now juicing with Scurl and loving it.

Which one, if any, of the juices are a good leave in to achieve softness & shine when air drying? Right now I'm using other leave in products (Elasta QP H-Two & NTM silk touch leave in) and my hair is not overly soft when air drying.

Goofy question -- how do you moisturize/juice to ensure the entire head receives moisture? I feel that when I apply moisturizer (any kind of moisturizer) in my hand and rub it throughout my head, it doesn't get evenly applied even when I run my fingers through my hair to spread the product. I typically moisturize by applying moisturizer in sections as this is the only way I know to reach every section/strand of my hair. The downside to this is the time it takes and sometimes the end result is that I've applied too much product when moisturizing in sections. I find that my top layers are well moisturized but my crown area feels bushy, wavy, thick and dry. I air dry so some of that is from air drying. I need to find a happy medium.

I co-wash daily and use baking soda rinse to clarify as needed (1 teaspoon baking soda in 6 cups warm water). I use an ACV rinse at the end of each co-wash (1 teaspoon per 6 cups water). If I did a coconut oil rinse, I may acv rinse 3x if I skipped conditioner after oil rinse. I rotate curl activators so I am using S curl at the moment but when the bottle is empty I will use another brand.

My fingers tell me that the ACV rinses helps to get rid of excess product during co-wash and my hair is always bouncy, feels airy and smooth. I add leave-ins after co-wash depending on how my hair feels. If my hair is in great condition and moisturized from roots to end, I will style it without adding more products. I section my hair and apply curl activator at the root and smooth it down to ends. I seal ends with oil (castor/coconut, cantu hair & scalp oil, or shealoe).

i cowash daily, though.

I typically avoid cones. It was hard for me so start juicing.
About 2 weeks ago the thought of cones got the best of me and I decided I needed to clarify.

BIG MISTAKE -- My hair was a hot mess.

I will not be doing that again. My hair was find with the juice and I should have left well enough alone.

I still dont 'like' the thought of cones and I still buy and try what ever conditionter I can find with out cones. Since the juice is working though I'm going to continue with the S Curl at least during the warm summer months. I did remove the HS from the rotation (due to mineral oil).

how do you keep the simethicone in S Curl from building up and blocking other useful moisture from your hair?...do you clarify more often?

I am a daily scurl user. I have never had any problem with build up...it could be because I clarify every 2 weeks. I don't do ACV rinses or use baking soda (I am not even sure what those are for...closing the cuticle, I think, but I use Roux PC for that). For whatever reason, scurl is horrible on my wet hair so I only use it on dry hair. After I shampoo or co wash, I use my leave ins, then seal those with some form of oil and allow my hair to air dry. When it is mostly dry, I spray the scurl on my hair and style. My hair is moisturized and soft. This has been my process for using the product for the last year on my hair and I love it as it is simple and does wonders for my retention.

I have been using the Care Free Curl Gold this pass week. And I must say that I was really suprised. I thought it would be greasy, runny, and just plain yucky. But this stuff is pretty good. I like the consistancy.

You see back in the day, (yah, I'm that old), it seemed like every mother's child had a Jerri curl. But I was rocking my perm. The main reason was I saw some people's heads who did not take proper care of the curl and their head looked wooly as a sheep's butt.

I seal my breads with Mizani hair dressing and my hair is so soft. I am loving this people. I could see me doing this for the next year.

Yah, this could work.

Still juicin' over here y'all. My hair feels really good.

I still have my crochet braids in and I cleanse my scalp every 3 days with witch hazel and then juice my cornrows with scurl. My hair is so soft underneath. Gotta love the juice but I'm sure I'll need protein when I take them down in 2 weeks.

Back