Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-)

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

Im in, but I have a question. Does glycerin dry anyones elses hair out in the colder months? Mine was VERY dry, I had to switch up my regimen. Was I doing something wrong? Or should I use less?

For some people they can use the juice all year round without any problems, and for others it may not work as well in the colder months. It all depends on the climate you live in and your hairs personal preference, :)

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

Chelz, its so hot that I sometimes go to pool 2x a day. Thanks so much for pulling my coat about shea butter. I have been experimenting and once you get a nice coat of shea butter on your hair, it does a jennifer holiday on yo' head "And I am telling you I'm not going". Shealoe be on that chlorine like "Incoming! prepare to repell boarders!"

yeah, I was crazy enough to sit on bottom of pool with afro puff (TOTAL SUBMERSION) and left the pool with moisturized hair, no tangles, no dreds. I got enough of my sample batch of shealoe to scrape through the weekend then I need to make enough to last through early October. I will see how well this plays with the juice. you know S Curl trying to claim he was all up in there :lachen:

S curl: I wuz there for you, girl! Shealoe aint everything, I wuz on the front line!

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

So do you mix your shea butter with aloe vera juice? :eyebrows2 I might have to try your shealoe mix if I happen to go swimming in the fall :yep:

:wave:Lol no those kinds of gels wont smooth your edges flat, they will define the wave/curl pattern in your hair while giving the wave/curl pattern a little hold...so basically its more for bringing out your texture:look:

Alright, I think I get it now, thanks :yep:. Is the Ecostyler supposed to be a freeze type of gel, do you know? Or is it just the same as CFC's one? I had already bought the CFC gel before I saw Ecostyler in another shop, but I thought it best just to try one at a time.

Checking in. I was using S-Curl as my juice, but it was making my hair kinda greasy and sticky at the same time. Plus I didn't like the ingredients in it. Now I'm using water, glycerin and aloe vera as my juice. I just used it today and my NG is nice, soft, and moisturized so far. It helped to flatten my hair into a bun, too.

I have found a vegetable glycerin recipe that my hair LOVES!! I'm so glad too b/c I can use it as a daily spritz to fingercomb and go. It's 1/3 c. aloe vera gel, 1/3 c. vegetable glycerin, 6 oz rose water (from Whole Foods), and several drops of rosemary oil. Keeps my hair moisturized all day on its own. I was even able to decrease my baggying. When I do baggy (twice a week), I still use my trusty S-Curl, Amla & Olive & seal w/coconut oil.

Looks like the "juice" and I will have a long-lasting relationship! LOL

This week I won't be juicing (maybe) since I used heat (my seecond and last pass) and I want to maintain the style. Still live & die by da juice!

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

So do you mix your shea butter with aloe vera juice? :eyebrows2 I might have to try your shealoe mix if I happen to go swimming in the fall :yep:

I mixed shea butter, coconut oil and aloe vera gel (FOTE). I had a small amount of left over refined shea butter in a plastic tub and mixed it with same amount aloe vera gel and half amount coconut oil. I hope to get the proportions correct and get some unrefined shea butter soon. My shealoe goes on easily but the sucka goes straight up soldier when it hits water.

I'm having my au naturel weekend: clarified with baking soda rinse, coconut oil rinse, final acv rinse, aloe vera juice (food grade)to moisturize. Tonight I sprayed hair with distilled water before braiding and the water ran off my head. that aloe vera and coconut took poor Waterboy down like they wuz Spartans http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHxIssSROjk&videos=8-ib7-yDvmk

Ole S Curl still talking smack so I got a few spritz in ... oh oh, felt a trickle on left side. Aloe & Cokie only letting the GlycerinGurlz in tonight ... oh well, Ise JUICED :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Alright, I think I get it now, thanks :yep:. Is the Ecostyler supposed to be a freeze type of gel, do you know? Or is it just the same as CFC's one? I had already bought the CFC gel before I saw Ecostyler in another shop, but I thought it best just to try one at a time.

Which ecostyler gel are you referring to? Cause everyone says that the olive oil one makes your curls pop, so yeah:look:

Here is a recent thread about ecostyler and other gels...
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=484518

I mixed shea butter, coconut oil and aloe vera gel (FOTE). I had a small amount of left over refined shea butter in a plastic tub and mixed it with same amount aloe vera gel and half amount coconut oil. I hope to get the proportions correct and get some unrefined shea butter soon. My shealoe goes on easily but the sucka goes straight up soldier when it hits water.

I'm having my au naturel weekend: clarified with baking soda rinse, coconut oil rinse, final acv rinse, aloe vera juice (food grade)to moisturize. Tonight I sprayed hair with distilled water before braiding and the water ran off my head. that aloe vera and coconut took poor Waterboy down like they wuz Spartans http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHxIssSROjk&videos=8-ib7-yDvmk

Ole S Curl still talking smack so I got a few spritz in ... oh oh, felt a trickle on left side. Aloe & Cokie only letting the GlycerinGurlz in tonight ... oh well, Ise JUICED :lachen::lachen::lachen:

:lachen: Lmaoooooo no Choc, not the Spartans!!! :rofl:

So coconut oil combined with that Fruit of tha Earth aloe gel repels plain water? hahaha GIRL you wont even need an umbrella in the ran, people gone be lookin like :look: How she do that?! :lachen:

Scurl was mad cause you went and found 2 more baby daddies...:lol: Aloe and Cokie

still here juicing. sorry guys. i get caught up in the nf section that i forget to come up for hair lol

i'm sorry!!! but being down there has helped my hair lol. i ignore my hair so i just do my reggie, put it up and leave it be. then this way, i can just let it grow

Checking in, I'm still juicin' :)

But...I don't know what anyone's talking about when it comes to curl definition because if anything, CFCG makes my hair too soft to be defined. I've started using CHI Keratin Mist under the CFCG, but I don't know how much that will help.

i've been adding aloe vera to my s-curl, but sometimes the stuff feels really heavy on my head.

i cowash daily, so it's not too much of a problem, but does anybody have any issues with buildup using this product?

bt, it's got a cone in it, but i forget if that one is water soluble, so if anybody knows if it is or not, that would be a great help! thanks!

:sekret:.. Oh i'm still juicing on the low.... I went for wave nouveau this time instead of scurl... shhhhhhhhh yall aint see this post tho.. :sekret:

Which ecostyler gel are you referring to? Cause everyone says that the olive oil one makes your curls pop, so yeah:look:

Here is a recent thread about ecostyler and other gels...
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=484518

Oh, I can't really remember what one it was, sorry. All I remember is it was a jar of gel that said Ecostyler on :look:. I will give that link a look though, thanks :)

My hair was well juiced and in a very simple style yesterday. I'm still using the rest of my WN. I combined it with the scarf method so I had waves making people seasick. Got compliments from both men and women:grin: but there is something about when an attractive man notices your hair and comments:lachen:...
The juice is here to stay. Live by the juice, die by the juice:lachen:. Thanks to Adora for starting all this and Chelz for cracking the whip!

Last edited:

:lachen: Lmaoooooo no Choc, not the Spartans!!! :rofl:

So coconut oil combined with that Fruit of tha Earth aloe gel repels plain water? hahaha GIRL you wont even need an umbrella in the ran, people gone be lookin like :look: How she do that?! :lachen:

Scurl was mad cause you went and found 2 more baby daddies...:lol: Aloe and Cokie

The shealoe that I whipped up would be a good umbrella :look:
I was surprised that AVJ and Cokie jumped on distilled water like that. pair of thugs :lachen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCFRJEjM3fc

Still juicing daily.

Still juicing w/ WN. The humid helps keep it juicy!

Still juicing and planning on using S-curl for at least another 17 months.

Juiced with S curl today. He plays well with aloe vera juice and coconut oil.

The shealoe that I whipped up would be a good umbrella :look:
I was surprised that AVJ and Cokie jumped on distilled water like that. pair of thugs :lachen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCFRJEjM3fc

:lachen: You crazy Choc! :yep:

I was gonna ask you if this shea butter from amazon is the real thing, cause I have some and it is mustard yellow!!:lachen:
http://www.amazon.com/32oz-African-...sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1280213183&sr=1-2

Is it real?:scratchch Oh and they added that "filtered creamy" part on long after I bought it lol

:sekret:.. Oh i'm still juicing on the low.... I went for wave nouveau this time instead of scurl... shhhhhhhhh yall aint see this post tho.. :sekret:

:spank::spank::spank:

Lol girl Im adding you to the list!!! :work: You aint slick! :naughty:

lol! Chelz you made my day (night). Combining hair products to make an umbrella (????). Hilarious! I didn't juice today. I have a sore thoat (yeah I left the r out on purpose ... when it hurts this badly it's a thoat). I'll have to tighten up my juicing game tomorrow.

lol! Chelz you made my day (night). Combining hair products to make an umbrella (????). Hilarious! I didn't juice today. I have a sore thoat (yeah I left the r out on purpose ... when it hurts this badly it's a thoat). I'll have to tighten up my juicing game tomorrow.

:sick: Sore THOAT :blush::blush::blush:

Get well soooon soulfusion:yep:, hope your thoat feels better:flowers:

i'm sorry!!! but being down there has helped my hair lol. i ignore my hair so i just do my reggie, put it up and leave it be. then this way, i can just let it grow

Lol its okay, that was hilarious how you said you forgot to come up for hair, Classic! :lachen:

:goodone:

my juicy update is in my fotki! please check it out and imade a very short youtube update

Can Roux porosity control also be added to the morning juice as a leave in?
What about as a pre poo?

I've checked a few places and didnt see Roux porosity control. Any suggestions on where I can try or do I need to order on line?

Would Henna be a good protein treatment? If not can anyone suggest some good brands? Seems like the longer I'm on the board the more there is that I don't know yet. :blush:

Where would one find clear rinses?

I tried calrifying a week ago (bad move) and my hair has been a mess every since :(
I did a henna a few days ago. it helped but it's still not acting right. :wallbash:

Try a good moisturizing DC. Especially since you did a henna treatment which isn't a protein, but behaves like one. If you have overly porous hair it can take some time to get it back in order :yep:

Sally's and most BSS carry Roux products. I would recommend using it as directed first and see how that goes. Clear rinses are found @ most BSS and places like CVS and Rite-Aid. Adore and John freida and Elasta QP are some brands that I like.

Still juicin' with tha S-curl :yep:

Last edited:
Back