Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-)

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

LOL He uses Soft and Precious Moisturizer Spray. I have been using Aussie Moist and 3 Minute Miracle the last few washes. I love the smell.:lick:

Oh I have never tried Aussie Moist, :sekret: Its on my PJ list....:shhh: Ssshhh!

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

^^ Hi Chelz!! Sup fellow juicers! I'm still on the juice wagon and going strong! I even juiced my edges today with Long-Aid curl activator gel! :lick:

Their not crispy like if I had used a regular holding gel, but they're neat, presentable, and oh so soft! :grin:

I'm out of town and I'm cheating on my s-curl. I couldn't find anything except that right on activator/moisturizer. It made my hair very soft and moist, but if the stickiness isn't gone by morning, I won't continue using it.

Are you in the country again? :eyebrows2

Let us know how the Right On turned out, did the stickiness go away?

:sweet:
^^ Hi Chelz!! Sup fellow juicers! I'm still on the juice wagon and going strong! I even juiced my edges today with Long-Aid curl activator gel! :lick:

Their not crispy like if I had used a regular holding gel, but they're neat, presentable, and oh so soft! :grin:

Oh WOW girl I LOVEEEEEE(:love:) your new siggyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!! :wow: :sweet: :wow:

I whole head baggy nightly and it's going so-so. My hair is damp by morning but not soaked and feels soft and moisturized. I style my hair in a bun, put on my satin scarf while I dress and by the time I arrive to work, my roots and length of my hair is dry although the bun is still a bit damp. The bun usually dries before my day is done. The part where my pontail holder is doesn't usually dry but I try to air it out at night before starting the process all over again -- moisturize (juice)/seal, baggy. Where I'm struggling is that my hair feels moisturized all day while at work but by nightfall when it's time to take the bun down, it's like all the moisture has been pulled out the part that was bunned and it feels thirsty for more moisture. The roots and length of my hair remains soft and moisturized. Anyone have suggestions to keep the part bunned equally as moisturized?

So basically you are saying that your ends feel dry by the end of the day? Well they are the oldest part of your hair and maybe there is a porosity issue, have you tried the kimmaytube leave-in? That might help you out, as well as maybe add something a bit thicker to your ends for extra moisturizing, such as elasta QP mango butter, etc. :grin:

:sweet:

Oh WOW girl I LOVEEEEEE(:love:) your new siggyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!! :wow: :sweet: :wow:

*Le Blush* :blush3: Thanks so much! I just took two of those pictures today! :grin:

So basically you are saying that your ends feel dry by the end of the day? Well they are the oldest part of your hair and maybe there is a porosity issue, have you tried the kimmaytube leave-in? That might help you out, as well as maybe add something a bit thicker to your ends for extra moisturizing, such as elasta QP mango butter, etc. :grin:
Thx Girl. I use Elasta's Mango Butter. I've tried juicing with WN instead of H14n1 and my hair seems to be holding moisture better and responding better. :rolleyes: I'll keep testing this theory and report back.

I juiced a different way this morning; I used OCT last night and put my hair in four plaits. This morning, I rinsed my hair while it was still braided up and then I took each section down and juiced, detangled, and sealed. Then I brushed it all back into a low bun. I think this will help me retain mositure a little better. Before, I was just spraying all around and slapping oil on the front, then using my detangling brush just HOPING that everything will spread out evenly.

Aussie Moist Conditioner does smell good and makes your hair look and feel good, but be careful with how often you use it on your hair. It can cause buildup over time (that's if you don't wash your hair often like me).

Hey all you juicers,

I want to get back on this challenge once I'm tired of wearing my natural hair straightened. I've been thinking of doing something different. Instead of spraying my hair down with juice, I want to try washing/rinsing and gently detangling my hair in the shower before juicing. I'm thinking this will help with my roots from getting all dry and bunched up, especially in my crown area. And I believe it will help with avoiding buildup on my hair. Once I run out of Hawaiian Silky, I'm going back to S-Curl. I didn't have build-up with S-Curl.

Checkin in......Still juicin. Forgot my CFCG and I was in Chicago so I picked up some HS 14n1.....LOVE IT!!!!! So I will be continuing to live a Juicy Life and use both. My hair is so soft! I am lovin' it.

My new juice has arrived... all three bottles of it:grin:

Juiced with my S-curl this morning :grin: Now that I got my porosity in check, glycerin is back in the rotation. I forgot how much I wubs this stuff :love2: put a lil' EQP butter, slicked ma egdes real nice and some HE LTR 'cause well, its smells good :lol: Now up and away in a bun.

Juiced with my S-curl this morning :grin: Now that I got my porosity in check, glycerin is back in the rotation. I forgot how much I wubs this stuff :love2: put a lil' EQP butter, slicked ma egdes real nice and some HE LTR 'cause well, its smells good :lol: Now up and away in a bun.

Can you tell me what you did (do) to fix porpsity issues?

also I found some HS 14-1 to add to the rotation. I saw that it has mineral oil and it was almost painful to buy. I've been conditioned for the last two years to avoid mineral oil like the plague. :perplexed

Anyone have any problems with the mineral oil? Is it not a problem any more?

I'm with you; I've stayed away from anything with lanolin, parrafin, or mineral oil as the first two ingredients. However, I've been sealing with some vatika oil, nyle oil, almond oil, things like that (they've been in my stash and I'm trying to use them up), and I noticed that the freaking oils have mineral oil in them. I was kind of disheartened and I'm debating whether I should shy away from them and count it as a loss, or give it a chance to see if it works.

As far as pororsity, I used Roux Porosity control shampoo once a month, then follow-up with one of their leave-in treatments. I haven't done this in months because my hair hasn't needed it, but it was definitely a lifesaver from November-March.

Can you tell me what you did (do) to fix porpsity issues?

also I found some HS 14-1 to add to the rotation. I saw that it has mineral oil and it was almost painful to buy. I've been conditioned for the last two years to avoid mineral oil like the plague. :perplexed

Anyone have any problems with the mineral oil? Is it not a problem any more?

Hey :) sure! happy to share :yep: I did (and still do) a coupla things:

1.Roux porosity control conditioner: Its a rinse out condish designed to close the cuticles (raised cuticles= overly porous hair). I used it every wash at first, as my hair got better every other wash.

2. More protein: Hardcore treatment every 6 weeks, and a *mild/med protein treatment every wash (except when I do the hardcore of course). I always ALWAYS follow up with a moisturizing DC after every protein treatment.

*big ups to IDareT'sHair for that tip :)

3.Clear rinses: Basically these are semi-perm rinses without the color. They provide a clear, flexible coat on the hair to help keep cuticles smooth and temporarily patch damaged parts of the cuticle. I do these every 2 months.

I'd recommend trying one thing at a time, in the order listed. I do all three because I have 3 inches of extremely over-processed, sun bleached ends that I want to preserve until I cut them off in a year.

Ok. I'm picking up Jheri and we gonna juice.

Here's to healthier ends and longer length.

Count me in!

Hey :) sure! happy to share :yep: I did (and still do) a coupla things:

1.Roux porosity control conditioner: Its a rinse out condish designed to close the cuticles (raised cuticles= overly porous hair). I used it every wash at first, as my hair got better every other wash.

2. More protein: Hardcore treatment every 6 weeks, and a *mild/med protein treatment every wash (except when I do the hardcore of course). I always ALWAYS follow up with a moisturizing DC after every protein treatment.

*big ups to IDareT'sHair for that tip :)

3.Clear rinses: Basically these are semi-perm rinses without the color. They provide a clear, flexible coat on the hair to help keep cuticles smooth and temporarily patch damaged parts of the cuticle. I do these every 2 months.

I'd recommend trying one thing at a time, in the order listed. I do all three because I have 3 inches of extremely over-processed, sun bleached ends that I want to preserve until I cut them off in a year.

Can Roux porosity control also be added to the morning juice as a leave in?
What about as a pre poo?

I've checked a few places and didnt see Roux porosity control. Any suggestions on where I can try or do I need to order on line?

Would Henna be a good protein treatment? If not can anyone suggest some good brands? Seems like the longer I'm on the board the more there is that I don't know yet. :blush:

Where would one find clear rinses?

I tried calrifying a week ago (bad move) and my hair has been a mess every since :(
I did a henna a few days ago. it helped but it's still not acting right. :wallbash:

I washed my hair with VO5 clarifying kiwi lime conditioner after water aerobics. I did a second wash with Skala Ceramides G3 and a final rinse with apple cider vinegar. I applied shealoe to damp hair and juiced with S Curl. Finger combed a chunky fro and added a stretchy headband.

Just came back from second trip to pool today. shealoe is doing well against chlorine, hair is tangle free, coiled and still moisturized. Will co-wash, do an oil rinse, final acv rinse, juice and twist.

Are you in the country again? :eyebrows2

Let us know how the Right On turned out, did the stickiness go away?

Nope, not in the country this time. I LOVE the Right On, although I had to leave it at the hotel because I didn't check a bag and the bottle was too big to carry on. The stickiness did go away and left my hair very soft. I think I was too heavyhanded with it at first.

I will say, though, that if I didn't rinse or co-wash daily, I don't think I would be able to handle that jherricurlish smell. It's okay if you wash frequently, though.

I'm going to buy some more tomorrow. I like it that much. It's creamier and less greasy than S-curl.

I washed my hair with VO5 clarifying kiwi lime conditioner after water aerobics. I did a second wash with Skala Ceramides G3 and a final rinse with apple cider vinegar. I applied shealoe to damp hair and juiced with S Curl. Finger combed a chunky fro and added a stretchy headband.

Just came back from second trip to pool today. shealoe is doing well against chlorine, hair is tangle free, coiled and still moisturized. Will co-wash, do an oil rinse, final acv rinse, juice and twist.

I have that Vo5 condish! I like the smell :lick:

Do you go to the pool everyday Choc? :look:

Can Roux porosity control also be added to the morning juice as a leave in?
What about as a pre poo?

I've checked a few places and didnt see Roux porosity control. Any suggestions on where I can try or do I need to order on line?

Would Henna be a good protein treatment? If not can anyone suggest some good brands? Seems like the longer I'm on the board the more there is that I don't know yet. :blush:

Where would one find clear rinses?

I tried calrifying a week ago (bad move) and my hair has been a mess every since :(
I did a henna a few days ago. it helped but it's still not acting right. :wallbash:

Try Sally's, they list the Roux Porosity control on their online site.

Here are all the Roux products....
http://www.sallybeauty.com/on/deman...Site/default/Search-Show?q=Roux&start=0&sz=48

And here is the Roux Porosity control condish specifically...
http://www.sallybeauty.com/roux-porosity-control/SBS-700815,default,pd.html

Package Directions
"To Use With Color: To prevent unevenness of color, apply color to new growth then, immediately apply Porosity Corrector & Conditioner to the shaft and ends to shield the porous areas. When processing is completed in the regrowth pull the color through to the ends over the Porosity Control Corrector & Conditioner. This will eliminate color grab by restricting color penetration, providing a more even color result.

To Use On Bleached Hair: For added protection and moisture when bleach retouch is completed, apply Porosity Control Corrector & Conditioner to shaft and ends of hair. Rinse and shampoo twice with Porosity Control Shampoo.

To Use On Relaxed Hair: After relaxer service, shampoo with a deep cleansing neutralizing shampoo, then follow-up with Porosity Control Shampoo for extra conditioning, manageability and shine.

To Use With Perms: For hot perms: Use Porosity Corrector & Conditioner (instead of water) as a pre-wrap. For cold perms: Apply Porosity Corrector & Conditioner to shaft and ends of hair. Then wrap with rods and apply lotion."

I dont know about henna but have you tried ApHogee protein treatments?
http://www.sallybeauty.com/Protein-hair-Treatment/APHOGE4,default,pd.html
http://www.sallybeauty.com/keratin-reconstructor/APHOGE8,default,pd.html

Here is a rinse/glaze that I found...
http://www.sallybeauty.com/hair-glaze/SBS-124448,default,pd.html

Just checking in. Still juicing and now others are starting to notice me retaining the length. Yay!

I have that Vo5 condish! I like the smell :lick:

Do you go to the pool everyday Choc? :look:

Chelz, its so hot that I sometimes go to pool 2x a day. Thanks so much for pulling my coat about shea butter. I have been experimenting and once you get a nice coat of shea butter on your hair, it does a jennifer holiday on yo' head "And I am telling you I'm not going". Shealoe be on that chlorine like "Incoming! prepare to repell boarders!"

yeah, I was crazy enough to sit on bottom of pool with afro puff (TOTAL SUBMERSION) and left the pool with moisturized hair, no tangles, no dreds. I got enough of my sample batch of shealoe to scrape through the weekend then I need to make enough to last through early October. I will see how well this plays with the juice. you know S Curl trying to claim he was all up in there :lachen:

S curl: I wuz there for you, girl! Shealoe aint everything, I wuz on the front line!

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Last edited:

Hi ladies. I recently bought Care Free Curl Gel Activator, as I thought it would be the "freeze" hold type to keep my edges down. I've tried it a few times now, and it doesn't seem to act that way I want at all :nono:. In fact, it seems to be the same as Care Free Curl Gold Instant Activator, it's the same consistency and everything. What's the deal with this, can anyone tell me?

Last edited:

Im in, but I have a question. Does glycerin dry anyones elses hair out in the colder months? Mine was VERY dry, I had to switch up my regimen. Was I doing something wrong? Or should I use less?

Hi ladies. I recently bought Care Free Curl Gel Activator, as I thought it would be the "freeze" hold type to keep my edges down. I've tried it a few times now, and it doesn't seem to act that way I want at all :nono:. In fact, it seems to be the same as Care Free Curl Gold Instant Activator, it's the same consistency and everything. What's the deal with this, can anyone tell me?

:wave:Lol no those kinds of gels wont smooth your edges flat, they will define the wave/curl pattern in your hair while giving the wave/curl pattern a little hold...so basically its more for bringing out your texture:look:

Back