Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-)

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

OMG!!!

I just got home from work, took off my LF and took my hair down after being juiced and cliped all day.....talk about silky soft and bouncy!!!!!:dance7::woot::weird:

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

Yeah those juice bottles go fast, just stock up next time so they will seem to last 3 to 6 months,:lachen:. Which curl activator are you gonna try??:eyebrows2

Hmmm....I dont know. What's the best one?

I'm tired -- worked a long, long day today. Think I'mma juice, eat dinner, and take a nap. :sleep: Be back on later tonight.

I wanna join
I am tryna have Adora's hair by next year (or at least close to it)
My shortest layer is like SL and the longest layer is barely scraping BSL.
I want MBL-WL by next year DAMN IT!

My only issue with the juice is the smell. Do any of you guys know of a juice thats smells a little less jheri curlish? If you know what it mean. I really can't take the smell, and I am pretty sure my BF will kick me out of bed :lachen:

Any ideas ladies.

I use Wave Nouveau and no odor issues IMO

YAY! JUIIICE! I might as well join this challenge since I've been juicing for a couple months now. I mainly use CFCG, and it's been treating my hair great (especially when I seal with some JBCO...moisture for days). I picked up some StaSofFro the other day too, so we'll see which one I like better.

I have a question for you ladies: What do you use in the winter or if you live in a drier climate? I live in NY so the humid summers are very glycerin-friendly. But I feel like I need to start thinking about what to do during the winter when glycerin might have the opposite effect. I don't want to have to stop juicing...TIA!

Add me. I lurked through the first juice thread, this will be my first challenge! I'm super excited I am using CFCG now and a mix I made..

I am currently in crochet braids, i spray my hair with a glycerin mix (water, glyverin, ao gpb, olive oil, aloe vera juice) I juice morning and night and/or whenever my hair feels dry. I'm transitioning, 25 weeks post.

post deleted

Last edited:

hey all :) ive been doing good with juicing, Hawaiian Silky is the juice for the moment, i really like it :) between that and cowashing my hair every other day and just recently bunning, my hair is loving me very much right now, i combed in the shower and prob had 7 hairs in the comb lol

What's your juice of choice? I use CFCG.

I have been using S-curl mixed with aloe vera juice and water. It has been working great, but I wanted to try out something else.

Last edited:

YAY! JUIIICE! I might as well join this challenge since I've been juicing for a couple months now. I mainly use CFCG, and it's been treating my hair great (especially when I seal with some JBCO...moisture for days). I picked up some StaSofFro the other day too, so we'll see which one I like better.

I have a question for you ladies: What do you use in the winter or if you live in a drier climate? I live in NY so the humid summers are very glycerin-friendly. But I feel like I need to start thinking about what to do during the winter when glycerin might have the opposite effect. I don't want to have to stop juicing...TIA!

Hmmm some people juice all year round without any problems:yep:, also someone had mentioned how honeyquat can be used as a substitute for glycerin as it acts the same except it is supposedly even more moisturizing than glycerin.:lick:

Well ya'll I've been juicing and my trainer wants to know why I aven't gained any muscle...Just kidding! LOL

I grabbed the CFCG and also the African Pride braid spray with tea tree and peppermint. I got my hair cornrowed which makes it so much easier to get my juice on and I have to say, that juicing 2-3 times a day really has my curly coily ends looking great and feeling like SILK! I even had one corn row try to unravel itself because the hair is just so soft and frictionless! I'm so happy I found you all and decided to stop lurking!

Well ya'll I've been juicing and my trainer wants to know why I aven't gained any muscle...Just kidding! LOL

I grabbed the CFCG and also the African Pride braid spray with tea tree and peppermint. I got my hair cornrowed which makes it so much easier to get my juice on and I have to say, that juicing 2-3 times a day really has my curly coily ends looking great and feeling like SILK! I even had one corn row try to unravel itself because the hair is just so soft and frictionless! I'm so happy I found you all and decided to stop lurking!

.....:lachen:

Lol that one corn row was juzayyyyy:grin:

I'm in. This is my first challenge and I need it since I can't get pass BSB straight for the life of me.

Juice has been a part of my regimen since last year. I was a faithful Long Aid girl, but recently started using sleek and shine's curl activator. Loving it!
I think I might pick up a juice bottle though for extra nightly moisture. I've been eyeballing that S-curl juice....

Hmmm some people juice all year round without any problems:yep:, also someone had mentioned how honeyquat can be used as a substitute for glycerin as it acts the same except it is supposedly even more moisturizing than glycerin.:lick:

I'd be very careful using honeyquat when the humidity in the air is lower than 65%. It could cause your hair to dry out something terrible.

Maybe those persons living in such weather might want to consider baggying to keep the moisture locked in the hair but rinse it out when you remove the baggy and the hair is again exposed to the low humidity.

Just a thought to try out. I live in the Bahamas so we rarely have low humidity issues here even during the winter months.

Juiced my braided hair this morning with BRX Braid Spray.

Is it just me or does the juice get better the more you use it?

I'd be very careful using honeyquat when the humidity in the air is lower than 65%. It could cause your hair to dry out something terrible.

Maybe those persons living in such weather might want to consider baggying to keep the moisture locked in the hair but rinse it out when you remove the baggy and the hair is again exposed to the low humidity.

Just a thought to try out. I live in the Bahamas so we rarely have low humidity issues here even during the winter months.

Ok thanks for the heads up, I really dont know much about it, another juicer had mentioned that it was 10x more moisturizing...:look:

Ok thanks for the heads up, I really dont know much about it, another juicer had mentioned that it was 10x more moisturizing...:look:

You're welcomed Chelz. Honeyquat is a lot more moisturizing than glycerine but the one thing to remember is that all humectants work the same way. And if honeyquat is a lot more potent, then it is doubly true for it to dry out the hair even more than glycerine if the conditions are not right for it to work properly.

Okay let me explain. Humectants...glycerine, honey, honeyquat, aloe vera gel, etc, work best in humidities higher than 65%. Their job is to pull moisture out of the air and into the hair/skin.

Now here is where the tricky part comes in when the humidity drops too low. If there is not enough moisture in the air, then the humectant will pull moisture from whereever it can.

Unfortunately, that would be your scalp and hair, thus, drying them out. So now the reverse takes place. Hence my caution to you all to be careful how you use any humectant during extreme humidity drops. HTH!

You're welcomed Chelz. Honeyquat is a lot more moisturizing than glycerine but the one thing to remember is that all humectants work the same way. And if honeyquat is a lot more potent, then it is doubly true for it to dry out the hair even more than glycerine if the conditions are not right for it to work properly.

Okay let me explain. Humectants...glycerine, honey, honeyquat, aloe vera gel, etc, work best in humidities higher than 65%. Their job is to pull moisture out of the air and into the hair/skin.

Now here is where the tricky part comes in when the humidity drops too low. If there is not enough moisture in the air, then the humectant will pull moisture from whereever it can.

Unfortunately, that would be your scalp and hair, thus, drying them out. So now the reverse takes place. Hence my caution to you all to be careful how you use any humectant during extreme humidity drops. HTH!

I need to start looking up humidity levels daily...

am i using too much juice because my hair is constantly damp?

is having continuously damp hair bad for a relaxed head? i style by finger combing and grazing the brush along my edges, crown and nape as needed. i loose bun daily by square dancing the position of the bun.

Thank you Aggie for this useful info. I always thought my hair hated glycerin but now I think it was due to new york cold winters is why glycerin didn't work.

I also use my juice mix. It's a work in progress, maybe I'll add honey to it.

Just juiced my ends with Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1. Giving this a try since I used up my S-Curl (with added castor oil and olive oil) in one week! Keeping it juicayyy!

Question... I'm just getting into the juice, lol. Would Elasta QP feels like silk gel qualify? It has glycerin as it's second ingredient.

My juice seemed to be losing some power, so i mixed Wave Nouveau finishing lotion with Aphogee prov-vit leave in conditioner and Elasta QP Mango & olive oil butter - now my juice's ante is up!

No it should be more slow paced this time,:yep: You in??:eyebrows2

I thought you said this was gonna move slow? How is 18 pages in one week slow? I'm already behind.

Baby Afrikurl is also still down. I put box braids in yesterday, Her hair is noticeably longer. I think she retained about and inch and a half. Her hair used to reach the top of her shoulder blades, now it reaches the bottom. Poor thing, her shoulder blade length is only a few inches. We are also officially on RED ALERT, cause the Long Aid is running out.

I bought some yarn and I have some curly hair that I bought a while back. I will start at a new school on Tuesday and I can't decide if I want to do yarn braids first or interlocks. I think I will get some Right on because it will be easier to use in either of those styles.(And I used to use it when I had a curl):grin:

I want to keep my hair juiced and up, up and away for the rest of the year.

Back