Open Marriages

I, PERSONALLY THINK IT DESTROYS THE BEAUTY OF MARRIAGE!!!! TO ME, MARRIAGE IS A BEAUTIFUL INSTITUTION CREATED BY GOD AND THE RULE BOOK WAS ESTABLISHED WHEN GOD MADE EVE FOR ADAM...I BELIEVE PEOPLE ARE RE-WRITING THE RULES AND ADDING NONSENSE TO IT!

GOD DIDNT DESIGN MARRIAGE TO BE BETWEEN MORE THAN THE TWO PEOPLE IN IT BUT TO EACH HIS OWN!!!

QUEEN

An open marriage is not for me :nono:

I feel that marriage is between two people who are monogamous, anything else is not a marriage in my opinion :ohwell: I feel these people are desecrating the sanctity of marriage (along with cheats, spouse abusers, etc)

Please keep in mind that the majority of us are looking at this from a Western/Judeo-Christian point of view and nothing is wrong with that. But there are other places in the world where marriage is not just between two people and there are places where marriage does not happen because of love.

I can understand people who do not think this is the right thing for them, but is it necessary to call other beliefs besides your own disgusting, against God, etc. Do you believe that women who share their husbands with other wife's lack self respect or are being forced to do things against their will? If so then please reference your nearest Bible...

Do you feel like cultures/religions who believe differently from you are wrong and backward and need to be more like yours? This is a sad way of thinking and has caused lots of strife and death in the history of the world.

The western world is not the whole world and the way we do things is not the only or right way...

Please keep in mind that the majority of us are looking at this from a Western/Judeo-Christian point of view and nothing is wrong with that. But there are other places in the world where marriage is not just between two people and there are places where marriage does not happen because of love.

The western world is not the whole world and the way we do things is not the only or right way...

IA,:look:

Its not for me, but I understand why someone could /would choose it.

For some, it might be helpful to read up on the history of marriage, intriguing even...

Who knows...:ohwell:

Everything aint for everybody, any ole way...

Last edited:

I can understand people who do not think this is the right thing for them, but is it necessary to call other beliefs besides your own disgusting, against God, etc. Do you believe that women who share their husbands with other wife's lack self respect or are being forced to do things against their will? If so then please reference your nearest Bible...

Do you feel like cultures/religions who believe differently from you are wrong and backward and need to be more like yours? This is a sad way of thinking and has caused lots of strife and death in the history of the world.

I've read a lot of things in the bible that I find disgusting, but I still and always will love the Lord. :yep: I guess I'm guilty of being one of those that will pick and choose what I will follow. We all have to do what we feel is right.

Back