***Online Dating Support Thread***

This is an actual message does something seem off or am i just tripping?

hey this is *****. i just graduated from *** junior college last year may. i play tennis. i work at a tennis club . i teach little kids from ages 3 to 15 years old how to play tennis. we should talk sometime i mean if you want to it's up to you. please write me back. : )

* so i asked him how did he get into playing tennis......

hey!!! : ) oh really? that's cool. lol oh okay. oh i see. well my dad got me into it. i love tennis. tennis is a lot of fun. i've been playing tennis for 14 years. you should come here sometime and watch me play tennis. i would love to talk to you anytime. you seem very beautiful, very pretty, and a very young attractive woman with a really great personality. seriously no joke. i love teaching little kids how to play tennis. they are a lot of fun. i would love to teach you how to play tennis anytime. so how are you doing? : )

This is an actual message does something seem off or am i just tripping?

hey this is *****. i just graduated from *** junior college last year may. i play tennis. i work at a tennis club . i teach little kids from ages 3 to 15 years old how to play tennis. we should talk sometime i mean if you want to it's up to you. please write me back. : )

* so i asked him how did he get into playing tennis......

hey!!! : ) oh really? that's cool. lol oh okay. oh i see. well my dad got me into it. i love tennis. tennis is a lot of fun. i've been playing tennis for 14 years. you should come here sometime and watch me play tennis. i would love to talk to you anytime. you seem very beautiful, very pretty, and a very young attractive woman with a really great personality. seriously no joke. i love teaching little kids how to play tennis. they are a lot of fun. i would love to teach you how to play tennis anytime. so how are you doing? : )

i hope he was super cute bc i wouldnt have even responded to that message :lol:

Some young white guy just send me this message :lachen:

Wow! Stop the world. Are you real?
Hey,
I know this is gonna sound forward but would you marry me?
And I don't mean to twist your arm here but I'm free a week on Thursday.
It must have been the dark hair and those soft dark eyes that made me fall
madly in love with you, I hope you don't mind.

I think i love you. I think that I love your teeth too. What toothpaste do
you use? Are they bleached?

No but seriously how are you? How's your week going? Did you have a good
weekend? How was your Christmas and New Years holidays?

I think I may have eaten too much over the holidays I now feel pregnant.
I love your photo, you are seriously one pretty lady.
You have a great nose don't ever change it.
Much love and peace out ;-)

Bublin said:

Hey,

Form message.

ElizaBlue said:
" I met my husband-to-be at a party in New York City, when I was in my early '30s (meaning I'm now in my less-early '30s). "You're so lucky!" people gasp when I tell them the story, as if I was a prepubescent plucked from Ceský Krumlov and handed a supermodeling contract. Casey Anthony was lucky. I'm just someone who decided I was ready to find a husband, and then did the necessary work to procure one. Yes, I said "work."

....what and why is the above bolded in this article? :nono: Is there another Casey Anthony other than Kaley's mom?

I had to read that part more than once too before it dawned on me that she was referring to Casey Anthony being cleared in court.

Hey,

A sense of humor no less....lol.

ElizaBlue said:
At texasqt But why was it included in this article? It seems seriously out of place.

I totally agree! There were numerous other references that could have been made. I can't think of any right now but anything probably would've been better than that.

Aside from that, I found the rest of the article interesting (and funny). I know I'm lazy when it comes to dating and half the time I don't want to put in any work. My search selections on POF only includes guys who are 30 miles or less because I don't want to drive anywhere lol! And if he's at the 30 mile point, I'm making a big deal about meeting in the middle :lachen: That's in addition to the 'I-really-don't-feel-like-getting-dressed-up-for-this-interview' feeling. And that's just in reference to the first of the five points she made.

The article made me self-reflect about how I'm approaching online dating. I want things to come easy like one day he'll be sitting in my inbox and that may never happen. (That's one of the reasons I posted here. Not a bad article to relate to how we're handling our adventures in online dating).

I have been enjoying the conversation with this guy. We are now fb friends Should I wait for him to ask for the digits or should I just give it to him.

tinkat said:
I have been enjoying the conversation with this guy. We are now fb friends Should I wait for him to ask for the digits or should I just give it to him.

I got the answer to my own question. If he is truly interested he ask. The other older decent guy wanted to keep in contact and get the number.

tinkat I have a guy who has asked me on a date 3 times yet hasn't asked for my number so we can talk first. He doesn't know it yet but he is not going to meet me. To me he just wants a date and is not interested in getting to know me. Plus there are some other things that bother me such as him requesting more photos of me when i have 5 up, yet he only has one and it took 2 requests for him to send them.

Bublin said:
tinkat I have a guy who has asked me on a date 3 times yet hasn't asked for my number so we can talk first. He doesn't know it yet but he is not going to meet me. To me he just wants a date and is not interested in getting to know me. Plus there are some other things that bother me such as him requesting more photos of me when i have 5 up, yet he only has one and it took 2 requests for him to send them.

I wouldn't like that either. I hate when they ask for more photos. Like how many do you need??? Three to four to me gives an idea of how the person looks. The guy that is my age is great at conversation but hasn't asked for the number. He talked as if he wanted to see me in the future. But i am not worried about it. The older guy wants to keep in touch but we only talked a little bit. But he has the number so we will see how it goes. There is a age difference but it's actually attractive to me these days. He does not look his age on top of that.

Do you ladies hide your profile periodically?
How long are you 'visible' for until you decide to hide and how long do you hide for?

The same ole faces are on POF right now.

welp i was talking to 4 guys on okc two fell of the face of the earth. one is getting on my nerves and the last one gave me his number yesterday. i texted him last night and he said that he would call in a few. 24hrs later and i have yet to hear from him. lol im fabolous so no my pride isn't hurt but i am getting off the online dating thing for a while. lets see if i can score in the real world

welp i was talking to 4 guys on okc two fell of the face of the earth. one is getting on my nerves and the last one gave me his number yesterday. i texted him last night and he said that he would call in a few. 24hrs later and i have yet to hear from him. lol im fabolous so no my pride isn't hurt but i am getting off the online dating thing for a while. lets see if i can score in the real world

just recieved a text from number 4 saying:
"so i know you're mad at me"

smh boy boo:rolleyes: i will make him wait awhile before i respond....men

Bublin said:
Do you ladies hide your profile periodically?
How long are you 'visible' for until you decide to hide and how long do you hide for?

The same ole faces are on POF right now.

When I get bored I just don't log in for a while. I took about a month break and just started back this week.

I've read about 30 pages in this thread so far. I was gonna suggest to my friend to join and after reading these horror stories, i may have to tell her to just go out the regular old way.

I swear some of these men yall have talked about are a joke. I mean this has to be joke that grown men are acting this way. I have never in my life. good luck to all of you

I've read about 30 pages in this thread so far. I was gonna suggest to my friend to join and after reading these horror stories, i may have to tell her to just go out the regular old way.

I swear some of these men yall have talked about are a joke. I mean this has to be joke that grown men are acting this way. I have never in my life. good luck to all of you

this thread took a turn the past few months. you would need to read around in the middle to get a better feel for online dating.

this thread took a turn the past few months. you would need to read around in the middle to get a better feel for online dating.

i started around the middle and skipped around. Its not really about the online dating thing in general. My current SO of 2 years i met online so i know all about it. But i'm mostly talking about the specific sites yall are using and the stories associated with them. She wanted to join OKC but i may have to change her mind about that with all the things i'm hearing about the men on there. :nono:

I decided to join match.com... again. And I'm already annoyed (I'm easily annoyed)

I got this email this morning

Divorced??????? Who would divorce you? I really liked what I read as well as what I saw, and I would love to learn more about you. I am new to IL via DC (professional move) so I could also use a tour guide... LOL. Can you help me?

I'm probably overreacting but this message is so lame to me... the divorce bit and then the tour guide part.

I decided to join match.com... again. And I'm already annoyed (I'm easily annoyed)

I'm probably overreacting but this message is so lame to me... the divorce bit and then the tour guide part.

LOLOL...awww

kandake said:

I think this is on the better end of messages... Did you see the one about tennis? :look: :lol:

I just received this from a grown :nono: self-proclaimed professional, black man:

Hi there beautiful and that u r so what r u on here looking for would love to get to know u better do what's u say

I think this is on the better end of messages... Did you see the one about tennis? :look: :lol:

No I didn't read that one... yet.

I agree it's much better than the usual bs. I'm probably going to email him back this weekend. I just wish dudes were more original. All the transplants want a tour guide and everybody got something say about the horrible man that divorced me.

i think that guy messaged me, sorry to say. i have the same message minus the divorce part.

Back