***Online Dating Support Thread***

So this dumb fool sent me a msg and all it said was "DTF?"
I responded that I didn't know what that meant.

He responded back with the meaning and let's just say that I went ahead and blocked him. Are men really that crass and triflin?:nono:
And please don't tell me women respond to that sort of stuff.

^^ :nono: Reminds me of the profile with the Title line: Letsgetitin 247.

Some men are so ridiculous. It's one thing to want a fling, booty call, or one night stand....but it's a whole other thing to treat a woman like some sort of prostitute.

I find that they are looking for friends and no expectation but if it turns into more than its cool. When a guy says friends only I keep convo friend proof. I learned too much of how that goes in irl.

tinkat I understand the whole friends with no expectations thing. It's just how indifferent many seem to be. I'm just not used to that.

I just got another message that said "Can I please be your slave?"

I wonder if I tell him to wire me $2000...if he'd do it?:scratchch

I thought I was the only one having dating woes....Tried, POF, blackpeoplemeet ( I'm not paying for that ish cause I know they didn't pay) and a few others....

Ive been single since 2009 and it isn't for lack of trying...been on dates, dealt with un needed drama, crazy people, and so on.

LORD help me please!

I have been messaging a guy all day today. We have both laid it all out - that we are looking for a serious relationship, no games, no bull crap, just honesty.

We live very close to each other (so many guys live miles away). Has a good job as a freelance script writer, main jobs are with a major broadcasting company here in the UK.
He is currently away on business when he messaged me and will be back on Friday. He has already booked a date with me!!!
Have yet to talk on the phone but it's nice to feel like I'm messaging someone normal.

Oh and why is it when I start to message someone that I'm into other guys come out of the woodwork and start messaging me...i'm no good at juggling!!!

What is wrong with these dudes. Ok so as background. In my profile I mention my interest of exploring different restaurants particularly ethnic cuisine. In an email he asked me about my interests so I mentioned the whole ethnic cuisine thing again. This is some of the email this fool just sent to me

So there you have it. I am interested in meeting someone I'm compatible with. Someone I can share my inner most thoughts and secrets...and they appreciate that quality, rather than shun me for it. Too often, people tell me I don't have emotional intelligence or maturity because of the things I say:-( That hurts because it's never my intention to hurt anyone or say anything inappropriate. I just try my best to be honest with people...

Example: you have mentioned food a few times. In your profile and again just now. Is your weight something you are uncomfortable with or?? I only ask because from one of your pics, it looks like you have a really...nice...butt? Most women that are blessed with such, lack humility?? MOST!!! Not all!

It is for this reason I would think you have NO insecurities!! But the mention of food and only one full body pic leads to me wonder??

Not trying to be mean or inappropriate. I am fascinated by people's insecurities. I share my as quick as possible and encourage others to do the same. Meeting people's representative is a waste of time for me. I would much much much rather meet the REAL person...

What is wrong with these dudes. Ok so as background. In my profile I mention my interest of exploring different restaurants particularly ethnic cuisine. In an email he asked me about my interests so I mentioned the whole ethnic cuisine thing again. This is some of the email this fool just sent to me

Even this part has me giving him the side eye: Example: you have mentioned food a few times. In your profile and again just now. Is your weight something you are uncomfortable with or?? I only ask because from one of your pics, it looks like you have a really...nice...butt? Most women that are blessed with such, lack humility?? MOST!!! Not all!

It is for this reason I would think you have NO insecurities!! But the mention of food and only one full body pic leads to me wonder??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Even this part has me giving him the side eye: Example: you have mentioned food a few times. In your profile and again just now. Is your weight something you are uncomfortable with or?? I only ask because from one of your pics, it looks like you have a really...nice...butt? Most women that are blessed with such, lack humility?? MOST!!! Not all!

It is for this reason I would think you have NO insecurities!! But the mention of food and only one full body pic leads to me wonder??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh absolutely. I'm not sure why I put the top part in bold. Maybe to highlight why he was about to go in on me.

Emotional immaturity my ***. Just say you're a jerk.

kandake

:lachen:

reaching much???? wth is he talking abt???? doesn't everybody like to eat? :rofl:

i like bags with funky prints. i wonder how he would psychoanalyze that :rolleyes:

Example: you have mentioned food a few times. In your profile and again just now. Is your weight something you are uncomfortable with or?? I only ask because from one of your pics, it looks like you have a really...nice...butt? Most women that are blessed with such, lack humility?? MOST!!! Not all!

It is for this reason I would think you have NO insecurities!! But the mention of food and only one full body pic leads to me wonder??

WTF is this? He got the fact that you are OPENMINDED about food as you having weight issues?

Please block this bootleg psychotherapist. Same with the other feel coming in with "DTF"..How crass and disgusting. Even when Pauly D says it, it's not funny anymore, talkless of some random. ugh.

WTF is this? He got the fact that you are OPENMINDED about food as you having weight issues?

Please block this bootleg psychotherapist. Same with the other feel coming in with "DTF"..How crass and disgusting. Even when Pauly D says it, it's not funny anymore, talkless of some random. ugh.

I definitely blocked him. After I gave him a piece of my mind.

My guy friend said that you can't talk too much about food to guys you're meeting online because they either think you're fat (and hiding it) or you'll end up being fat. I told him that men are idiots.

My guy friend said that you can't talk too much about food to guys you're meeting online because they either think you're fat (and hiding it) or you'll end up being fat. I told him that men are idiots.

I have NEVER heard this

Perhaps the only thing women should have on their profiles now is "gym and more gym" :rolleyes:

So the guy I'm texting sent me a pic. he looks better than I thought he did. :yep:

so did mine and now that ive gotten to hear his voice its just even better:grin:. he's from new orleans so he has the accent but he spent a lot of time in georgia so he has that southern draw also :lick: lol let me stop

Sigh...the guy is coming back next month - I got my wires crossed. He asked me if I can wait that long. I don't know what to reply back. For all I know he is just trying to line up dates for when he gets back. I fear another one i biting the dust.

So this dumb fool sent me a msg and all it said was "DTF?"
I responded that I didn't know what that meant.

He responded back with the meaning and let's just say that I went ahead and blocked him. Are men really that crass and triflin?:nono:
And please don't tell me women respond to that sort of stuff.

What does DTF mean? :ohwell:

So far so good, my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer last week and he came right over. I didn't mean too, but I cried on his shoulder. We have had several really great dates that we didn't want to end.

So far so good, my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer last week and he came right over. I didn't mean too, but I cried on his shoulder. We have had several really great dates that we didn't want to end.

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister @crlsweetie
I wish her a speedy recovery.
Lots of hugs.

Bublin said:
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister @crlsweetie
I wish her a speedy recovery.
Lots of hugs.

Thanks Bublin....she's only 36, but we have history on both sides of the family. She's in really good spirits. Thanks for the thoughts and well wishes.....

Gross. He did not look like his picture. In fact, he looks much older. Maybe in his 40's. #ThatIsAll

You met this man in person? I would have been pissed...a waste of my time and effort in getting all dressed up for a date. Always make sure you ask for more than one pic and ask when the most recent was taken. I don't want any unpleasant surprises when I go out on a date.

I've been on Plenty of Fish for a few weeks, I'm growing weary of it.

I've got many, many messages from dudes, but the ones I was interested most in turned out to be nuts. Like, how are you mad at me for not calling/texting enough and we haven't met yet. These dudes are straight b!tch n!ggas. For real. Starting arguments with people you don't know? ONe guy keeps asking "when am I going to see you?" Ask me out for coffee, fool! Great conversation, seemed like a good match, but in the last convo I had with him he said he wouldn't commit to a time to meet me! He wants to reserve a day and "see how it goes." I told him I understood perfectly.

I do understand. He aint' sh!t is what I understand. And he won't hear from me again.

Back