***Online Dating Support Thread***

Can someone please tell a British gal what exactly a Kang is. I just googled Kang and it came up with a type of Chinese bed!

I'm guessing some kind of playa.

Bublin a kang is a sorry excuse of a mutherflucking man.He basically is only good for the crayon.They are sorry,broke typically just horrid men who think they are something and have nothing to offer society..

Is anyone's inbox full of messages that aren't from kangs/undesirables?

yes, a lot of nice dudes. i say out of 500 emails i got maybe only 80 of them seemed kangish.
many gave me their full names and i would google and see the companies they owned, law firms etc. a few comedians(bet, comicview) state reps, some film producers etc. these were the ones tht had no pic on their profile because they didn't want stuff out there..but would email me pic. good experiences. a few kangs and 69 year olds :lol:

So this guy who kinda did the disappearing act (never met bc he didnt ask me out, just texting) on me just texted me. Well his number has long been deleted. Then he sends a pic bc I didn't know who he was. Ok so I remember him, then he sends me a photo with him in his boxers... Oh dear. Great body though.

Were the boxers very....revealing? :look:

yes, a lot of nice dudes. i say out of 500 emails i got maybe only 80 of them seemed kangish.
many gave me their full names and i would google and see the companies they owned, law firms etc. a few comedians(bet, comicview) state reps, some film producers etc. these were the ones tht had no pic on their profile because they didn't want stuff out there..but would email me pic. good experiences. a few kangs and 69 year olds :lol:

which website are you on?

Is anyone's inbox full of messages that aren't from kangs/undesirables?

i'd say most of the guys that message me are datable. i don't respond usually because i don't feel like it.:perplexed

i went through my inbox the other day and looked through past messages and there were so many guys i ignored for no reason at all.:nono:

i'd say most of the guys that message me are datable. i don't respond usually because i don't feel like it.:perplexed

i went through my inbox the other day and looked through past messages and there were so many guys i ignored for no reason at all.:nono:

me too, i ignored 98% of them..i don't know why..guess i just didn't feel like it :-( :nono: lol

Yep...he deleted his online dating account day 7. Mine is still up. Now he's given me his logon and password to FB and told me to delete the page or anyone on it. Dude....I'm not that insecure...I just asked if there was anyone on there who would be wearing my smile....:lachen: I suppose that's his way of saying yes. Looka here...I don't go on my own FB that much...I'll be bamned if I'ma go on his to clean it up.

=Je Ne Sais Quoi yes...it is good. But I am not looking for that so his number will continue to just be an acquaintance in my phone.

He also asked if he was bothering me, bc I was not immediately responding to his texts. I told him no, but I was kinda peeved that he was still asking for a photo. I told him that could be solved by asking me on a proper date.

Still hasn't asked me out. Not holding my breath on this one!

=Je Ne Sais Quoi yes...it is good. But I am not looking for that so his number will continue to just be an acquaintance in my phone.

He also asked if he was bothering me, bc I was not immediately responding to his texts. I told him no, but I was kinda peeved that he was still asking for a photo. I told him that could be solved by asking me on a proper date.

I did the online dating thing for quite some time and it was tough sometimes. Typically the guys that asked for body shots and/or sent body shots went straight to the nope file.

created an account on pof and seen lots of cuties ...I plan to upload a pic this weekend after I get my hair all done up..

\
exactly why he's a kang. showing off package, looking for pics..cant be bothered to take you on a date and get to know you.

Fool :rolleyes:

Ok I met a really great guy. Actually a few great men. But there's one that I'm really feeling. They all wanna meet up like asap. But my hair ain't did!:ohwell: I have my hair appointment on March 14th. So now I gotta figure out how to hold off on meeting them but still keep them interested until then.:look:

Ok I met a really great guy. Actually a few great men. But there's one that I'm really feeling. They all wanna meet up like asap. But my hair ain't did!:ohwell: I have my hair appointment on March 14th. So now I gotta figure out how to hold off on meeting them but still keep them interested until then.:look:

Girl! That's weeks away. You can't wash and style your hair yourself. Do NOT let your hair keep you from meeting some great men. In the world of online dating 2 weeks is an eternity to keep someone waiting.

Girl! That's weeks away. You can't wash and style your hair yourself. Do NOT let your hair keep you from meeting some great men. In the world of online dating 2 weeks is an eternity to keep someone waiting.
I know...that's what my coworker said. I have on my Beshe Drew wig today and it's turned into a big ole fro. It's still cute though. But it's huge!!
He wants to meet today afterwork so I might go ahead and take him up on his offer.

I'm actually having good convo (messaging) with a 43 year old white man...oh lord...i know i said i would step out of my box but.....:look: (well, compared to my almost 36 years he isn't that old).

I have also just spoken to a guy on the phone.....everything seems great except i always find something that puts me off...again it's the voice...he sounds slurry.

Geeze Bublin, do you want to meet someone or what?

Last edited:
I met an older gentleman today after meeting online I think 3 days ago?
Well it went really well and i'm feeling him, just wish he wasn't so damn old..he's 21 yrs my senior, smh, I love older men though and that love runs in the fam! my grandparents were 36 yrs apart!

kweenameena said:

Girl, you on lhcf! You can't do your own hair!? Your membership needs to be revoked! How do I alert the authorities? Lbvs :)

Keshieshimmer

OMG I'm glad you brought something up...stepmom. Now seriously, do yall think I should be considered a stepmom to teenagers who are around the corner from 18? I don't think they need me like that. hmmm...

But yes I agree. I will meet and feel our chemistry. I love this thread. :)

kweenameena said:
I know...that's what my coworker said. I have on my Beshe Drew wig today and it's turned into a big ole fro. It's still cute though. But it's huge!!
He wants to meet today afterwork so I might go ahead and take him up on his offer.
kweenameena
Did you meet up? What happened?

Girl, you on lhcf! You can't do your own hair!? Your membership needs to be revoked! How do I alert the authorities? Lbvs :)

It's called lazy!! I know, I know *hangs head in shame*:sad:
I'm waiting for my appointment with Reniece so I didn't want to have to do anything until then.

@kweenameena
Did you meet up? What happened?

crlsweetie912
Nope...we didn't meet up because he want to meet me at around 9pm after he did his work out. He's a personal trainer and is built like a greek god:lick:. We'll call him Mr. Muscles.

But it's a school night so that wasn't happening. I thought he wanted to do happy hour or something.
He did call me. His voice so does not fit the way he looks. But he's cool. I think I'm a bit thicker than what he normally goes for and he kinda mentioned that.

Now Mr. Spiritual (the one I really like) has a date planned for us next saturday. I can tell he's really feeling me because we have so much in common but I also feel he's moving a bit fast. He called me last night as well while I was on the phone with Mr. Muscles. So I had to tell him that I was finishing up a convo with my momma and I'd get back to him.:look:
When I called him back, he was just as engaging as he is over email. He texted me this morning as well to say that he wants to move up the date of our date or at least meet me for coffee somewhere because he's super excited to get to know me. **swoon**

Back