***Online Dating Support Thread***

So I've been going out with a couple of guys....the one I really like is broke though...smh. The other one is very nice, business owner...never broke but he is SHORT! On his profile he listed himself as 5'8"....that's my minimum. When I first met him I wore heels and I was taller than him...but I said no big deal cause they were 4 inches and I'm 5'5". Second time I meet him wearing flats....dude is 5'6"! :-/

Back to the drawing board. Height is really a dealbreaker for me.

So I've been going out with a couple of guys....the one I really like is broke though...smh. The other one is very nice, business owner...never broke but he is SHORT! On his profile he listed himself as 5'8"....that's my minimum. When I first met him I wore heels and I was taller than him...but I said no big deal cause they were 4 inches and I'm 5'5". Second time I meet him wearing flats....dude is 5'6"! :-/

Back to the drawing board. Height is really a dealbreaker for me.

dm81 I hate this....I just ask up front okay is that an internet 6ft?

we finally met. It was a quick meet and greet as he was at work.....he said "your pictures don't do you justice!" :giggle:

It was awkward, but not in a bad way. In that nervous butterflies in my stomach way. I like him.

He deleted his profile and i hid mine but things are going so slow and he always has his daughter, i don't know when we are supposed to see each other.

I want to unhide my profile to keep my options open but i know as soon as i do this he will know (u can search off line) and i know that will def mean the end of it.

I gave myself a deadline of next weekend. No concrete plans then in my mind this guy is going nowhere.

So tired of the small talk and him asking when he's going to see me yet he is the one with babysitting issues.

So Monday before I leave for Denver...I'm going to lunch with the use to be fat guy. Friday when I return I'm meeting the engineer for dinner. I'm wondering which one I like the most. I've gotten closer to the Dentist but the Engineer and I have some crazy chemistry...even though he's deaf.

That's weird but I don't really mind because he's got just about everything I like. The Dentist is already too clingy and we haven't seen each other since 2007...so....I'm thinking that's just going to be a long time no see.

That island boy on the other hand....:grin::grin::grin:

So....i unhid my profile about 3 hours ago and already i have blocked one guy as he asked for my BB pin number in his 2nd message...i don't have a BB and i find that childs play.

Another guy looks like Chris Rock and is a teacher. He is very keen and moving fast. He has sent me links of videos his students have made 2 of which he is in. He has made it clear he wants a long lasting relationship and all but said he ain't hanging around.
He has given me his number. I said i'd text him later. I like him but his 'eagerness' is making me wonder. Is that a red flag or just someone who really likes me.

Ha ha i tell you guys can't win with me....either i say they are too slow or they are moving too fast.

So....i unhid my profile about 3 hours ago and already i have blocked one guy as he asked for my BB pin number in his 2nd message...i don't have a BB and i find that childs play.

Another guy looks like Chris Rock and is a teacher. He is very keen and moving fast. He has sent me links of videos his students have made 2 of which he is in. He has made it clear he wants a long lasting relationship and all but said he ain't hanging around.
He has given me his number. I said i'd text him later. I like him but his 'eagerness' is making me wonder. Is that a red flag or just someone who really likes me.

Ha ha i tell you guys can't win with me....either i say they are too slow or they are moving too fast.

@Bublin Funny thing is how fast or how slow they move is in direct correlation with how much you like them. Men I don't have chemistry with always seem to move to fast. It's like they need weeks to convince me to give up my phone number.

Those I really like...read that really like can move a bit faster...:grin:. Which is why after only two weeks of talking I've agreed to go to dinner with Mr. STVI. Now he could very well blow it, because he really seems to like me (I usually shy away from men who act like a fan) so we talk and text all the time. But I don't know he's one of those popular guys and always on the road. We shall see.

The important thing is not that you get thrown but that you get up and get back in the saddle. That's the only way you'll ever find the right one.

Last edited:
@ElizaBlue you are right. The guys i'm not 100% feeling seem to move so fast but if i guy i really like took the same amount of time to say, ask for my number i would think he was dragging his heels.

Well, in just one day i have gone from what i consider ZERO (the theatre guy, although he did call today but i can't bare that small talk anymore) to 3 guys online asking for my number/offering theirs. I'm in tizz :spinning:. What do i do? Who do i call first? :drunk:

So the Dentist called and said let's meet for coffee today after you leave the gym. Why am I nervous? We've been talking and are like sort of close I guess. I keep going back on his fb looking at his pics (okay okay I'm light weight e-stalking :lachen:) thinking this guy is really cute and I can tell by the way he stands he has swagger...mad swagger. Bowlegs...my country fetish...YES!!!

Oh well...off to the gym I go...I will be looking all dewy and relaxed...:grin:

@ElizaBlue you are right. The guys i'm not 100% feeling seem to move so fast but if i guy i really like took the same amount of time to say, ask for my number i would think he was dragging his heels.

Well, in just one day i have gone from what i consider ZERO (the theatre guy, although he did call today but i can't bare that small talk anymore) to 3 guys online asking for my number/offering theirs. I'm in tizz :spinning:. What do i do? Who do i call first? :drunk:

Bublin Call them all...lol. I don't call guys right off the bat unless I really really like them. I had a detective in NYC take my cell number and run it. He then sends flowers to my house. I was like so creeped the heck out.

I still cannot imagine why he couldn't understand my deciding to never speak to him again. So on the phone thing I just wait until I know for sure...well 75% sure they aren't a nut case.

But if you really like them do it. You know you can always webcam to keep from giving out your number so soon. This is my communication preference of choice when I need to make sure you look how you look and sound how I need you to sound. It always gives a wealth of information of how someone is living.

Those chains and locks hanging from the ceiling over his bed could warrant an explanation...:lachen:

OMG...this man is too handsome. He is a dead ringer for Mechad Brooks. How the heck did I not want to talk to him before? And I had to apologize to him he is not the Dentist. We talk every day but it's always about other stuff never work...and I thought for sure he told me he was in dental school and now a dentist (I need to go back on the site to figure out who I had him confused with) ...at any rate he too is an engineer. That's too ironic.

We had a lovely dinner...nothing special, and at an IHOP no less. He was dressed up but I had on my usual yoga pants and tennis shoes, pony tail tucked and some mascara. I didn't get all fancy because I was thinking I was just doing coffee.

After we ordered dinner I got up to go and wash my hands. When I got back to the table he stood up. I was like "what"?...it was too funny...:lachen:I've never (to my memory) had a man stand when I come back to the table. I thought he was getting ready to go wash his hands. But he just sat back down. :lachen:

He told me that he goes on my FB everyday. I was sort of blusing at this point and said why would you do that? He said because he just looking at my pictures. And that he just thinks I'm soooo beautiful. I was literally blusing like a school girl :grin:

We talked and laughed long after dinner was done. He is a writer too. I think the island boy just got bumped...

ElizaBlue said:
OMG...this man is too handsome. He is a dead ringer for Mechad Brooks. How the heck did I not want to talk to him before? And I had to apologize to him he is not the Dentist. We talk every day but it's always about other stuff never work...and I thought for sure he told me he was in dental school and now a dentist (I need to go back on the site to figure out who I had him confused with) ...at any rate he too is an engineer. That's too ironic.

We had a lovely dinner...nothing special, and at an IHOP no less. He was dressed up but I had on my usual yoga pants and tennis shoes, pony tail tucked and some mascara. I didn't get all fancy because I was thinking I was just doing coffee.

After we ordered dinner I got up to go and wash my hands. When I got back to the table he stood up. I was like "what"?...it was too funny...:lachen:I've never (to my memory) had a man stand when I come back to the table. I thought he was getting ready to go wash his hands. But he just sat back down. :lachen:

He told me that he goes on my FB everyday. I was sort of blusing at this point and said why would you do that? He said because he just looking at my pictures. And that he just thinks I'm soooo beautiful. I was literally blusing like a school girl :grin:

We talked and laughed long after dinner was done. He is a writer too. I think the island boy just got bumped...

Sounds great!!! Keep us updated

Theatre Guy - had a chat with him and made it clear that if he didn't step up his game i will not be around. He was taken aback and said he will change his schedule with his daughter. The prob here is that his ex only works w/e's and he is the 'childcare'. This is great but how
do you get to nuture a relationship without the child present. Damn i really like him. White.
Teacher Guy. Looks like Chris Rock. Spoke to him on the phone for the first time and hee has a high pitched voice. Not very manly. Put me off abit. Also debates too much - too much too soon. But he has made it clear he is very keen and wants to meet asap! Black.
Police Officer Guy. He's alright. Flash git though, i can tell. He gave me his number but i haven't called yet. Asian.

Its like United Colours of Benetton. All my life, i've only dated black guys so this is new and exciting Cthe white guy has got the most hotness and swag lol)

Theatre Guy - had a chat with him and made it clear that if he didn't step up his game i will not be around. He was taken aback and said he will change his schedule with his daughter. The prob here is that his ex only works w/e's and he is the 'childcare'. This is great but how
do you get to nuture a relationship without the child present. Damn i really like him. White.
Teacher Guy. Looks like Chris Rock. Spoke to him on the phone for the first time and hee has a high pitched voice. Not very manly. Put me off abit. Also debates too much - too much too soon. But he has made it clear he is very keen and wants to meet asap! Black.
Police Officer Guy. He's alright. Flash git though, i can tell. He gave me his number but i haven't called yet. Asian.

Its like United Colours of Benetton. All my life, i've only dated black guys so this is new and exciting Cthe white guy has got the most hotness and swag lol)

Bublin I would say give the white guy a chance to step up. You really like him and I think you would be settling for the others. It's too soon to tell yet anyway so just give him some time. Voice is very important to me so I couldn't take a Mike Tyson voice seriously.

The white guy didn't tell you to kick rocks...so it sounds like he's willing to try to work it out. Maybe one day you'll be able to share the weekends with him and his daughter...would you be okay with that?

ElizaBlue you are so right. Thank you for your replies.
That voice lol. I was a bit shocked at the pitch.
Oh, yes i would def like our dd's to meet and all that lovely family stuff but we need to get to know each other first. Well,
I have made him aware and he fully understood. I mean, we can't have a relationship over the phone. I will not bring the subject up again with him.

had a movie date last night. it wasn't horrible but i'd say it was my first official bad date. we probably said, like, 10 words to each other.:lol:

he was wayy too timid and awkward. i like aggressive, outgoing, obnoxious guys and he seemed afraid to even make eye contact.:perplexed he was definitely cute but he reminded me of the chubby, unpopular guy in HS who later lost weight and got cute but inside is still the lame fatty in the corner.:sad:

i'm talking to 2 cuties on OKC atm. they both have 4 more days to ask me out before they're friend zoned.

he was wayy too timid and awkward. i like aggressive, outgoing, obnoxious guys and he seemed afraid to even make eye contact. he was definitely cute but he reminded me of the chubby, unpopular guy in HS who later lost weight and got cute but inside is still the lame fatty in the corner.

girl this is my dream guy. all the eye candy of a good looking man and none of the attitude, all the low self esteem of a fat guy :lol:

I think a guy from online may be interested in me..he has some issues thought that I don't know how to process..but if nothing else he would make a awesome friend..I just hate he is overseas..Im not going to claim anything but he is a sweetie..and to find him on a non dating site is funny..

girl this is my dream guy. all the eye candy of a good looking man and none of the attitude, all the low self esteem of a fat guy :lol:

canNOT do it.:nono: super sensitive, insecure, always apologizing over dumb ****.

the other night we were texting and i told him i was in a pissy mood because my plans to hit the clubhouse fell through. he was like "wow, i'm so sorry. i bet i'm making it worse by talking to you. i understand if you don't want to talk to me for the rest of the night. again, i sincerely apologize. i didn't know." what.the.****?:perplexed:lachen:

Back