***Online Dating Support Thread***

:rolleyes:

isnt he a prize?? diff guy..

A little more about me that isn’t on my profile, I would say in short, I'm a challenge and Im not like any of the guys on this site. Im sure you will notice that after a few emails and the context of my conversation. Im definitely a guy with a backbone and wont let any woman walk all over me. I noticed some guys just let women dictate everything to them and real women hate that they can control there men so easily so they usually bore and look elsewhere. I know I have a lot to bring to the table intellectually, physically, spiritually, and emotionally. I am single, no kids. I know what I want and not afraid to go after it. I'm in a good place in my life and I want to share that happiness with a woman that's ready to experience real happiness. Family and a stable relationship are both very important things to me. I am truly a critical thinker. I like making people smile and having fun for the most. Good convo is important to me so I pride myself on being relatable on multiple levels. I'm a philosopher and social scientist by nature. I have also learned that my high level of intelligence is intimidating for some woman. I even found that some women prefer the more malleable male. I also have a non-conforming (Don’t feel I have to go along to get along attitude. I will definitely call a spade a spade). Oh, I forgot to add, I also enjoy reading, podcasts, listening to music/making music/dj-ing, traveling, going out to eat and actually cooking myself (I cook about 5 times a week, making Thai, creole, feel good food and the like :) Not your average guy, I'm pretty disciplined. I honestly dont watch much tv or sports for hours on end. (probably less than an hour a week) I have a pretty active lifestyle plus i know the sciences behind television/media so i know better than to sit and get downloaded with needs and wants that dont necessarily line up with my own morals. I like the philosophy "you are what you eat"...you can replace eat with tv or really anything you spend time engaging in. Men are supposed to be men, not boys. Men should be informed and not silly. Obsessing with other men playing ball games and petty celebrities daily activities or being on facebook all day taking photos in the bathroom is very childish and associated with feminine characteristics (I digress...lol) Now i am a hypocrite when it comes to my xbox of course (rock bank, nba 2k12, call of duty…ect... But it's in moderation :)....oh and I enjoy live concerts, good convo, cycling (75 miles a week), working out 6 days a week, skateboarding, learning spanish, dirt biking, playing the guitar (electric), volunteering, working out, mentoring (currently mentoring 4 kids ages 10-18) being an entrepreneur, and good/positive role model. Last but not least I'm really big on family. Side note I'm a serious guy but I don't take myself to seriously. I'm not afraid to laugh at myself.

Tell me more about yourself :)

who wants to play, point out the inconsistencies???

Last edited:
ElizaBlue said:
OMG...this man is too handsome. He is a dead ringer for Mechad Brooks. How the heck did I not want to talk to him before? And I had to apologize to him he is not the Dentist. We talk every day but it's always about other stuff never work...and I thought for sure he told me he was in dental school and now a dentist (I need to go back on the site to figure out who I had him confused with) ...at any rate he too is an engineer. That's too ironic.

We had a lovely dinner...nothing special, and at an IHOP no less. He was dressed up but I had on my usual yoga pants and tennis shoes, pony tail tucked and some mascara. I didn't get all fancy because I was thinking I was just doing coffee.

After we ordered dinner I got up to go and wash my hands. When I got back to the table he stood up. I was like "what"?...it was too funny...:lachen:I've never (to my memory) had a man stand when I come back to the table. I thought he was getting ready to go wash his hands. But he just sat back down. :lachen:

He told me that he goes on my FB everyday. I was sort of blusing at this point and said why would you do that? He said because he just looking at my pictures. And that he just thinks I'm soooo beautiful. I was literally blusing like a school girl :grin:

We talked and laughed long after dinner was done. He is a writer too. I think the island boy just got bumped...

What state do you live in? You seek to be having good luck:-)

so I fb a guy and his status reads "Am I wrong for only liking light skin woman!!!! I need to transition to the chocolate but I just can't :( "

So i am talking to very good looking guy on POF. He is just my cup of tea. He is a teacher and works with 'difficult' children. He is setting up his own business in the same field.

Messaging is going great and he lives near to me.....so what is the problem...there is always a freaking problem....
....he has 3 kids....12, 6 and 7 months old!!!!

I wish i was open minded but i just can't...he left that poor woman, i just know it. I hate when guys are in 'caring' occupations yet they sh*t on their own family. Yes i know i am presuming big-time and perhap even projecting but i have seen it too many times and experienced it myself first hand.

Anyways i also immediately start thinking financially. This guy cannot be earning enough to support them, himself and take on a new relationship (plus i have child).
Something is not right.

Nah son.

Last edited:
So i am talking to very good looking guy on POF. He is just my cup of tea. He is a teacher and works with 'difficult' children. He is setting up his own business in the same field.

Messaging is going great and he lives near to me.....so what is the problem...there is always a freaking problem....
....he has 3 kids....12, 6 and 7 months old!!!!

I wish i was open minded but i just can't...he left that poor woman, i just know it. I hate when guys are in 'caring' occupations yet they sh*t on their own family. Yes i know i am presuming big-time and perhap even projecting but i have seen it too many times and experienced it myself first hand.

Anyways i also immediately start thinking financially. This guy cannot be earning enough to support them, himself and take on a new relationship (plus i have child).
Something is not right.

Nah son.

7 months old??? That's recent. What is he doing on POF? he should be busy changing diapers

nope nope nope

you can do better Bublin

A little more about me that isn’t on my profile, I would say in short, I'm a challenge and Im not like any of the guys on this site. Im sure you will notice that after a few emails and the context of my conversation. Im definitely a guy with a backbone and wont let any woman walk all over me. I noticed some guys just let women dictate everything to them and real women hate that they can control there men so easily so they usually bore and look elsewhere. I know I have a lot to bring to the table intellectually, physically, spiritually, and emotionally. I am single, no kids. I know what I want and not afraid to go after it. I'm in a good place in my life and I want to share that happiness with a woman that's ready to experience real happiness. Family and a stable relationship are both very important things to me. I am truly a critical thinker. I like making people smile and having fun for the most. Good convo is important to me so I pride myself on being relatable on multiple levels. I'm a philosopher and social scientist by nature. I have also learned that my high level of intelligence is intimidating for some woman. I even found that some women prefer the more malleable male. I also have a non-conforming (Don’t feel I have to go along to get along attitude. I will definitely call a spade a spade). Oh, I forgot to add, I also enjoy reading, podcasts, listening to music/making music/dj-ing, traveling, going out to eat and actually cooking myself (I cook about 5 times a week, making Thai, creole, feel good food and the like :) Not your average guy, I'm pretty disciplined. I honestly dont watch much tv or sports for hours on end. (probably less than an hour a week) I have a pretty active lifestyle plus i know the sciences behind television/media so i know better than to sit and get downloaded with needs and wants that dont necessarily line up with my own morals. I like the philosophy "you are what you eat"...you can replace eat with tv or really anything you spend time engaging in. Men are supposed to be men, not boys. Men should be informed and not silly. Obsessing with other men playing ball games and petty celebrities daily activities or being on facebook all day taking photos in the bathroom is very childish and associated with feminine characteristics (I digress...lol) Now i am a hypocrite when it comes to my xbox of course (rock bank, nba 2k12, call of duty…ect... But it's in moderation :)....oh and I enjoy live concerts, good convo, cycling (75 miles a week), working out 6 days a week, skateboarding, learning spanish, dirt biking, playing the guitar (electric), volunteering, working out, mentoring (currently mentoring 4 kids ages 10-18) being an entrepreneur, and good/positive role model. Last but not least I'm really big on family. Side note I'm a serious guy but I don't take myself to seriously. I'm not afraid to laugh at myself.

Beyond the inconsistencies he sounds like a down low bro :yawn:

danibeeja_gyal said:

LOL @ "oh and I forgot to add".....

UHMMMM you said ENOUGH buddy! LMBO!!!

pre_medicalrulz said:
I joined blackpeoplemeet.com and so far I have been totally disappointed with the matches! I'm awfully surprised because you'd think if you're paying for a site you'll get more serious inquiries...ssspppffttt! Yea right! I only been on for 2 days but I'm not amused whatsoever. Is everyone on POF?

Okkkkk so I found someone that I'm feeling good about FINALLY. It hasn't been 10 days since I been on the site but we talk everyday and every night. We meet this weekend for the 1st time. Every time we talk I'm dying w/ laughter. We have so much in common!

And then it begins....sigh....he has 2 kids (13 & 15) from a 14 yr marriage. Been divorced and single for 4 years. Aaauuugghh!!!! He is 38 but don't look it all. BONUS. He said he wants to remarry before he is 40.

I'm 30 w/ no kids & never been married.

I haven't decided if that's a deal breaker. Am I overreacting?

Why do I keep attracting young dudes with receding hairlines, old dudes, short dudes and virgos? UGHHHHH!!!!

And the one cute dude who had a lot going for him wants me to "play" with his girlfriend while he watches.:rolleyes::look::nono:

Why me??????????????????????!

kweenameena said:
Why do I keep attracting young dudes with receding hairlines, old dudes, short dudes and virgos? UGHHHHH!!!!

And the one cute dude who had a lot going for him wants me to "play" with his girlfriend while he watches.:rolleyes::look::nono:

Heyyyy, what's wrong with Virgos.......LOL J/k

kweenameena said:

Lol, still better than what I get. "My favorite hobby is having sex. Do you own any adult toys?" are the two most common lines I get after saying Hi. Unbelievable, I didn't know so many creeps existed.

Lol, still better than what I get. "My favorite hobby is having sex. Do you own any adult toys?" are the two most common lines I get after saying Hi. Unbelievable, I didn't know so many creeps existed.

LOL

I forgot to add the dude who seemed to be a great catch but only wanted a female with a degree. Meanwhile, his profile was full of spelling errors and typos. The nerve!:rolleyes:

kweenameena said:
LOL

I forgot to add the dude who seemed to be a great catch but only wanted a female with a degree. Meanwhile, his profile was full of spelling errors and typos. The nerve!:rolleyes:

Lol, or the guys who only want slender girls when they overweight themselves.

I'm so bored of the site already (3 weeks).

All my searches produce the same 'ole faces.
Do you guys just stay visible for weeks/months on end or do you have a break once in a while?

At the moment my profile is hidden but i can still message men...though i prefer if they message me first.

POF needs some fresh meat. :shopping: :look:

Last edited:
I keep hearing that women should date at least 3 men (to keep your perspective and options open) until someone pulls ahead of the pack for an exclusive relationship.

I'm having a hard time keeping my online guys (who is who, who said what, where did the last conversation leave off, etc...) straight NOW, and we are still just emailing.

I can't imagine doing this over the phone or in person!

How do you juggle men, and still seem sincere! I'm so not a playa :/

I'm so bored of the site already (3 weeks).

All my searches produce the same 'ole faces.
Do you guys just stay visible for weeks/months on end or do you have a break once in a while.

POF needs some fresh meat. :shopping: :look:

I think it is good idea to hide your profile for awhile, and then re-appear as "fresh" meat yourself every few months! LOL

CurliDiva also i feel like i'm being watched if i'm still actively online when i'm at the 'talking to someone on the phone' stage, much less actually meeting them. I feel as though guys won't take me seriously and think i'm a playa.

I think it is good idea to hide your profile for awhile, and then re-appear as "fresh" meat yourself every few months! LOL

I think i have high, very high expectations of internet dating. MONTHS??? Ugggh. Thought i would meet someone after a couple months at most. I need to sit down :lol:

eta i've just been reading up on the Fadeaway treatment. I hate it so much...guys just fading away with no explanation...whether it be at the messaging stage, phone stage or after a few dates. Spineless. OK, i'm done.:look:

Last edited:
Okkkkk so I found someone that I'm feeling good about FINALLY. It hasn't been 10 days since I been on the site but we talk everyday and every night. We meet this weekend for the 1st time. Every time we talk I'm dying w/ laughter. We have so much in common!

And then it begins....sigh....he has 2 kids (13 & 15) from a 14 yr marriage. Been divorced and single for 4 years. Aaauuugghh!!!! He is 38 but don't look it all. BONUS. He said he wants to remarry before he is 40.

I'm 30 w/ no kids & never been married.

I haven't decided if that's a deal breaker. Am I overreacting?

I say meet the guy then see if you two have chemistry. If not then no harm done if you do, think about if you want to be a stepmom.

So this guy who kinda did the disappearing act (never met bc he didnt ask me out, just texting) on me just texted me. Well his number has long been deleted. Then he sends a pic bc I didn't know who he was. Ok so I remember him, then he sends me a photo with him in his boxers... Oh dear. Great body though.

Back