***Online Dating Support Thread***

So at what point do i switch from this thread to the Relationship thread - lol.

After just 2 dates (2nd was 10hrs long), long calls every evening plus emailing and texting all day, we've made so many plans to do things together.
He deleted his profile 2 days before we met.....and i have hidden mine (i'm not going to follow fashion). He has asked me twice if i've logged on and i told him no - which i haven't.

Also, the chemistry is strong, i get hot just talking to him.

So at what point do i switch from this thread to the Relationship thread - lol.

After just 2 dates (2nd was 10hrs long), long calls every evening plus emailing and texting all day, we've made so many plans to do things together.
He deleted his profile 2 days before we met.....and i have hidden mine (i'm not going to follow fashion). He has asked me twice if i've logged on and i told him no - which i haven't.

Also, the chemistry is strong, i get hot just talking to him.

:lol: lots of people switch to RT after the first date. i waited lemme see... six or seven months :lol:

@crlsweetie912
Did you plan a date with anyone for V day or this coming weekend?:grin:
GIRL! I just got propositioned by this dude on POF, talking about he is in town for a conference and he's looking for a "date" for Valentine's day. WHAT THE FRICK I LOOK LIKE!!!!!

I have been trying to set something up but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. He's moving too dayum slow and works a lot...Oh well....
And then this other guy called me 4 times in 4 hours yesterday....We haven't even talked yet. Then tried to jump slick talking bout if I wasn't going to answer the phone why did I give him my number....Dude I don't owe you **** but since you gonna jump froggy......BLOCKED!

The message I just got......

Hello sexie, love your profile. I am in your area at the Embassy Suites Convention Center in DC. I am a Federal Law Enforcement Officer and I am here on Business. I am looking for a special Young Lady to accompany me for dinner tomorrow night for a Valentine dinner. I also have Family in B-mMore as well. If you are interested let me know. We can meet half way, where ever you choose.

i hate when doods stop messaging me and then come out of the woodwork months later tombout "hey, i happened to stumble across your profile again. how've you been?"

naw, son, you lost your chance.:nono:

Hello sexie, love your profile. I am in your area at the Embassy Suites Convention Center in DC. I am a Federal Law Enforcement Officer and I am here on Business. I am looking for a special Young Lady to accompany me for dinner tomorrow night for a Valentine dinner. I also have Family in B-mMore as well. If you are interested let me know. We can meet half way, where ever you choose.

crlsweetie912

Run fast...lol...run very fast. These O's have chicks in every city they land.

Where is everyone?

I've been talking with use to be fat guy. I cannot get over how attractive he is with them darn near perfect looking teeth...and bow legs no less.

He is so sweet...but I just don't know. We haven't met...yet...again...but we talk and text everyday. He sends me a good morning text and good night. I've made up my mind to not start liking him. I'm just a tad bit burned out after that prior nut case.

But I am considering going out to dinner with him for V-day. I just might do it.

Well if this aint a damn proposition...:giggle:

What is funny/scary is that someone WILL accept this proposition.

I've been talking with use to be fat guy. I cannot get over how attractive he is with them darn near perfect looking teeth...and bow legs no less.

He is so sweet...but I just don't know. We haven't met...yet...again...but we talk and text everyday. He sends me a good morning text and good night. I've made up my mind to not start liking him. I'm just a tad bit burned out after that prior nut case.

But I am considering going out to dinner with him for V-day. I just might do it.

Do it! :grin:

MizzBrown said:
Well if this aint a damn proposition...:giggle:

What is funny/scary is that someone WILL accept this proposition.

Are people really that desperate for a date, he ain't wrapping my *** up in a carpet, having my kids living off of life insurance money!

So... I ended up talking to someone from on-line offline and we've been texting back and forth for the last few days. He's a nice guy, really friendly and sweet. I don't really feel that much chemistry with him though, even though it might be kinda premature for me to say that :lol:. Anyway he asked me out for tonight and I don't know what to say. . Its gonna sound weird but I seriously have a bunch of work that needs to get done. I would reschedule for tomorrow but I have a late class and then after that I'm going to a party. Which I'm actually kinda excited abt, cuz the folks at the business school always throws great parties, but they are always on Wednesdays, b-school students are such slackers ... But who am I to say anything, clearly I'm going to be there, slacking right along with them :lol:... Anyway Thurs I'm going out of town and that's the main reason I gotta get all this work done, my last wknd was really fun, but also really unproductive. :lol:

I dunno, I think I'm gonna have to turn him down. I feel bad tho, cuz it's the second time since he already asked me out last wknd, but i had to tell him I was busy. It's not all my fault tho, he really needs to start contacting ppl earlier abt these sorts of things.

I joined blackpeoplemeet.com and so far I have been totally disappointed with the matches! I'm awfully surprised because you'd think if you're paying for a site you'll get more serious inquiries...ssspppffttt! Yea right! I only been on for 2 days but I'm not amused whatsoever. Is everyone on POF?

Mmm i may be over thinking things but i think he is just too busy to date (work has blown up for him where he is working late every night, he calls from the office really late. He also has his daughter nearly every weekend because his ex works weekends.
I just got a gut feeling my fairy tale has ended before it even started.
He hasn't said anything negative to me but i got a feeling as communication is not as intense as they was.
I think i'm going to leave it alone. If no concrete plans are made for next weekend when i told him i am available then it goodbye....sigh.
After my ex i vowed to listen to those early alarm bells but i'm also aware i'm hyper sensitive to anything that could seem like someone playing games.

I hate dating.

Last edited:
Ok, why is the online guy that I gave my number to this weekend super boring over the phone? He said that he's shy, but we havd a great time emailing back and forth :/

I had joined OKC when I first started dating again. I spoke to a particular man a few times back-and-forth via e-mail and a few times over the phone. I got with Mr. Nigeria and that was it for Internet dating. Well, I signed back up a few weeks ago and the same dude sent me an e-mail. It turns out it was the same e-mail he sent me during the summer, word-for-word. And he doesn't even realize we spoke already, LOL.

Got the weirdest message from some dude from the UK asking me if I was voting for Obama this year..I was like I don't talk politics esp not on a dating site and why do you want to know..we shall see if I scared him enough that he doesn't respond but hopefully he will respond..so he responded saying that is a common question ppl ask now..Im like oh my I hope to never be asked that again..he seems ok..but the uk what we gone do...that a pen pal for sure.

Last edited:
super hot girls like u r the reason i stopped being racist

i'm so glad i've done my part in helping to repair America's abysmal race relations.

but really, how the **** am i posed to respond to that?

Back