***Online Dating Support Thread***

idk, man. dudes lie about their height so much that they had me wondering if i was actually taller than i thought i was. i started to think i was 5'10 because i was so much taller than these alleged 5'9, 5'8 dudes. i eventually measured myself with a measuring stick to find out the truth. turns out dudes were just a bunch of short liars :lol:

I think they actually think they are as tall as they claim. :lol:

Ok, I'm convinced that the average guy online over the age of 35 is LYING about their age!

The 30-somethings look 45, the 40-somethings look like they are in their 50's and those that do claim 50 plus should not even be contacting me:/

Plus, I don’t trust the height listed for any man under 6’4” – you can’t fake 6’4”.

:nono:
They are lying about age,jobs,status and body types. I'll post one later.:lol:

I went on a cocktail meeting, and I just had to know if dude was lying so I got slick. I had the waitress get in on it too:lachen:. I asked her to card him and get the birthday. Unfortunately, he just looks old. He is 36.:ohwell:

Job Status is usually one of the following.....
Yeah, i got one
I work
Director
Entrepreneur

Or in their profile it reads.....'i hate women who want to know your occupation. I hate gold diggers. Job status shouldn't matter.'

Job Status is usually one of the following.....
Yeah, i got one
I work
Director
Entrepreneur

Or in their profile it reads.....'i hate women who want to know your occupation. I hate gold diggers. Job status shouldn't matter.'

sounds like something a broke dude would say

Ok, I'm convinced that the average guy online over the age of 35 is LYING about their age!

The 30-somethings look 45, the 40-somethings look like they are in their 50's and those that do claim 50 plus should not even be contacting me:/

Plus, I don’t trust the height listed for any man under 6’4” – you can’t fake 6’4”.

omg yess these men look so damn old. i had to lower my age range for partners. The men around my age looked like my damn daddy..smh. the dude im dating is 32. im 38.
i had 50 & 60 year olds contacting me or dudes that wer 38 looking 60 :perplexed:
and i know darn well all these men are not tall like that :lachen: all these short men walking around but everyone online is 5'11 and up ..whatever :lol:

CurliDiva said:

Pssh! I went out with a "6ft4" guy and if he was an inch over 5'11" then I'm the queen of Sheba! People are CRAZY!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

You know whatelse kills me....

these men with their body type descriptions and claiming they workout as a hobby. :lachen: Lying lying...

You know whatelse kills me....

these men with their body type descriptions and claiming they workout as a hobby. :lachen: Lying lying...

:yep: talking bout your body type is "athletic" yet when you're walking towards me I see your stomach touching the front of your shirt :nono:. C'mon man! Old a$$ pictures don't even look like you now.

Why dudes why must you look but not message.I'm sorta tired of always having to message.I guess I'm not something enough for a dude to message..I'm a lady idiots so I would like a man with a bit of gusto to at least say hello..if nothing else I'm getting some entertainment from some of these dudes

Well we had our first date today.
Lunch and went to a different venue for coffee. No hesitation in paying. Was a complete gentleman. The time went so quickly.
He looked soooo much better in real life. He asked for a second date during lunch and i said yes. Definetely chemistry between us. We hugged goodbye he seemed not to want to let go of me (he gave me a quick peck on the cheek).
I'm looking forward to when we meet up again.

This is too funny. I have been very reluctant to post in this thread for a lot of reasons...:look:. But at any rate for those of you who are just here to share and get advice and maybe have a laugh....here goes.

This guy contacts me on a site, who I had more or less passed on because I thought this guy is too good looking, I'm not interested in player player types.

So finally today he sends me a message and says" I know you don't remember me but we actually went out once and you sort of broke my heart" I send back "Lol...no we didn't...but good try at trying to cut in line". Plus he has a very nice body...something I definitely wouldn't have forgotten. I'm talking 6'3 and buffed.

This man writes back that we went out in 2007. So all day I'm racking my brain trying to place him. He has a beautiful smile so I would have definitely remembered that and broke his heart... no way. So I message him back and tell him that you must have me confused with someone else and that we all have a twin.

He writes back that he was 100lbs overweight and has since had gastric bypass. He tells me we went to Papadeaux's, that at the time I was a fed (at this point I put my face like all the way up to my computer screen like I was sight impaired :lachen:) and that I have three kids, one who was an actor in LA, that I traveled back and forth to DC,all the time. He said I just stopped calling him after that dinner, but that he really REALLY liked me and always thought I just blew him off.

Arrgghhh...I still do not remember this guy at all. He said he's going to send me before and after pics. This is all just too much and he still wants to go out....so now I'm wondering if he would like take me to dinner and go off on me because now he's attractive and is mad because he thinks I dumped him because he was over weight. :nono:

Well I told him maybe and that while I don't remember him, there must have been something about him way back then that made me go out with him....I don't know. This is just crazy.

ETA: So happy I stayed this time.

Last edited:
Hey ElizaBlue,

Be careful....something about his insistence does not seem right!

The fact that you still don't remember him must mean that he was lackluster. Even if you did dump him (......after one date) why bring it up?

Hey ElizaBlue,

Be careful....something about his insistence does not seem right!

The fact that you still don't remember him must mean that he was lackluster. Even if you did dump him (......after one date) why bring it up?

I know right...I'm almost glad he told me because I probably would have thought twice about going out with him again...now...so much.

i have a date this weekend. i've had one 3 weeks in a row now. hopefully, this trend continues. feels good, man.

only thing is, he's shorter than me by an inch. deer gawd, i forgot, most men lie! he prolly like 5'6.:nono: damn Mexicans.:look:

Why has the same one old, *** man keep sending me winks and messages (he looks like he is in his 70's).......If I never responded to the first....why send me 3 more in a row? :/

Maybe, he's too old to remember he already hit "send"

so now I'm wondering if he would like take me to dinner and go off on me because now he's attractive and is mad because he thinks I dumped him because he was over weight.

why am I cracking up

HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW HUH HUH HUH?!

:rofl:

this dude just sent me some pics... i can't decide if he's cute or not
he looks cute in some pics but he looks kinda weird in others.

i'm not sure if he's just awkward in pictures or what. but i can't just dismiss the non-cute ones... i sent them to my friends and they are no help. :perplexed

plus he's latino (?) or spanish (?) and i have never dated a non-black guy.

plus its awkward b/c he just sent me the pics, so now if i don't respond he'll know it was cuz of the pics.... he asked me out to dinner already....

i had him send it to a dummy account, i don't want him knowing my real name. he's a radiology attending at one of the hospitals in my school...

i dunno lol

lol ElizaBlue

why is he contacting you again if y'all went out before and it didn't work out?

maybe you were the inspiration behind his weight loss!

If so, that's sweet :yep:

this dude just sent me some pics... i can't decide if he's cute or not
he looks cute in some pics but he looks kinda weird in others.

i'm not sure if he's just awkward in pictures or what. but i can't just dismiss the non-cute ones... i sent them to my friends and they are no help. :perplexed

plus he's latino (?) or spanish (?) and i have never dated a non-black guy.

plus its awkward b/c he just sent me the pics, so now if i don't respond he'll know it was cuz of the pics.... he asked me out to dinner already....

i had him send it to a dummy account, i don't want him knowing my real name. he's a radiology attending at one of the hospitals in my school...

i dunno lol

Theo go on a date with him.
My story. This non black guy sent me the nicest message out of all the messages i had received. I have never dated a white guy ever (he is half italian). Plus he is younger than me but i decided to 'entertain' him and we messaged back and forth and he asked me out 3 times all of which i ignored. He looked good in his pics but they were all side shots/angles but i could tell he was good looking.
He gave me his number and we got on really well and he aked me out again so i said yes. Then i asked him to text me a pic of himself as all the photo's were of the sides of his face. i was not that impressed, he looked so different but decided not to be so shallow and met him on Monday for a date.
Oh my, he is a good looking man :yep: and we look pretty much the same age in real life. Time went by so quickly and he was a complete gent.

On the skin colour issue - i didn't 'feel' it, was not concious of it and i was just on a date with a nice guy. infact i think we look good together :grin:.

Step outside of your comfort zone and go on a date if you like him.

Thanks Bublin, I think I'm going to do like you did and keep talking to him, but ignore this first date request :lol:

We'll see how it goes. I haven't talked to him enough to know if I like him or not. I'm all for the idea of black women dating out of their race but I have never been able to actually make myself do it. Every time one of them asks me out, I find some arbitrary reason to not go :lol:.

I also hold them to ridiculously high standards which is silly, cuz I can be really tolerant with black guys :rolleyes:. I don't know what my hang up is...

How about you go and see what he really looks like?

Oh was this to me? I thought we were still talking about ElizaBlue lol. My friend was telling me I should meet him somewhere crowded and then scope him out from afar but that's mean! Right? Then she said I should have a friend call with emergency so I can have an excuse to leave but I don't want to do that to him. I would hate if someone did that to me :lol:

I dunno would you go out with him? I might post his pics up here so y'all can give me your opinion...

Back