***Online Dating Support Thread***

I reactivated my okc account..I had a nice on paper guy respond to my message Friday but he hasn't responded back..He didn't post pics bc of his job he states he is an attorney.He seemed nice and even complimented me which is something I never got on this site before.I'm extra hesitant on opening another pof account as I don't think anything good can come of it..never any lookers and always thugs.

I reactivated my okc account..I had a nice on paper guy respond to my message Friday but he hasn't responded back..He didn't post pics bc of his job he states he is an attorney.He seemed nice and even complimented me which is something I never got on this site before.I'm extra hesitant on opening another pof account as I don't think anything good can come of it..never any lookers and always thugs.

Girl, not having a picture is a bit sketch. Be careful.

I met my SO on OKC and he didn't have a picture up. He's the only guy I responded to who didn't have a picture, but his initial message was interesting enough that I responded back. He volunteered a picture soon after and I was definitely pleasantly surprised. It was a nice bonus.

A guy not having a picture up can be for a number of reasons and I wouldn't necessarily discount him as a prospect because of that.

A while back in this thread we had a little experiment where we created accounts in different cities to see how many men would respond to us (y'all remember that?:lol:) anywho, I received a message from a guy with no pictures in his profile but I absolutely loved what he wrote about himself so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

After exchanging e-mails on OKC (I gave him my dummy e-mail account:look:) he sent me a picture of himself and to say this guy was gorgeous is an understatement. Tall, brownish hair Italian/German mix and a successful attorney at that. I seriously wanted to cry because we had so much in common but we were too far from each other to make anything work. After coming clean to him and confessing my true location (since the whole process was an experiment after all) we both lamented the distance and sadly ended our communication:ohwell:.

All this to say you just never know, don't dismiss all the guys without pictures because there might be a gem hiding behind that faceless avatar:yep:

Ok so my weekend went great. He picked me up from the airport...we went out to dinner, sightseeing and he was a gentlemen:-) I was very impressed with his apt and the way he carried himself. So all went well!

The only thing that threw me all was his potty mouth LOL....I don't cuss unless im upset n he cusses alot:-/

alwaysinchrist that would be something I would chat with him about and let him know your pov..Your brave to have stayed at his place..I would have had to do a hotel..I'm so happy you had fun you deserve to smile..

I opened profiles on several different sites a while back. But I was really too afraid to go out and meet someone. As a New Year's resolution I started forcing myself to start answering the emails I was getting. I came across a cute guy and we just had our first phone conversation. He gave me his number on Friday, but my stomach was in knots all weekend and I was too chicken to call. Finally I just text him and gave him my number.

So the guy with no pic emailed me a pic..if that is him which we all know things can be miss leading he is a cutie to me..he is a bit hairy but that isn't something a clean shave won't fix..

lol lol lol

I'm 100% HETERO however I'm very kinky with the right woman!Im a butt man so she has to have a NICE BOOTY Meaning any size, just has to be kissable,lickable and look good in jeans,panties etc.. lol :)I enjoy the entire female anatomy (ALL 3 HOLES)Yes!!! Even Anal, ***hole,Bootyhole, Whatever you wanna call it:) (YEAP!!! I SAID IT!!!)

Im a grown man, i know what i like. Its a shame i have to be this brutally honest but some people dont read, some people dont pay attention and some people dont get it.So i gotta add Shock value,so that what im saying sinks in your brain. lol Ok back to the profile. I love every position,lots of kissing,cuddling, hand griping,sweaty palms lots of romance,passion. MMM...

But I need to find my queen, She should be emotionally & mentally stable(FREAK IN THE SHEETS & WOMAN IN THE STREETS)Otherwise im Abstinent.

Dude I met a while back when I went to NYC called and said he'll be here Monday. Ok. But the kicker was "oh I'll arrive in around 8pm be sure to have dinner ready"
:look:

I haven't talked to him since the end of November.

24 hrs of messaging back and forth....are you going to give me your number or ask for a date or what????
My last message stated that we had been talking for a while now and that it had been a pleasure. He then sent me one back asking if i meant i didn't want to communicate anymore.

How do i tell him he has move to the next stage or i'm signing off without sounding like i'm chasing him?

^^
Bublin, try hinting at something like, "I meant that I don't like communicating through the site/online/IM (whatever you are using) for long periods of time."

If he doesn't get the hint by now, he would be too slow for me. :look:

^^^thank you lushcoils i just sent him a message saying that i will be away from my laptop for a while and that i can't be bothered with accessing the internet from my phone as i have a regular smart phone and it's a chore to get into websites (this is true).

If he doesn't offer me his number then i'm striking him off (i have two other interests anyway).

i haven't met anyone online since November. i ended it but i'm bout to call him up and see what he's doing.:look:

24 hrs of messaging back and forth....are you going to give me your number or ask for a date or what????
My last message stated that we had been talking for a while now and that it had been a pleasure. He then sent me one back asking if i meant i didn't want to communicate anymore.

How do i tell him he has move to the next stage or i'm signing off without sounding like i'm chasing him?

i've been talking to a guy on OKC for over a month!:thud: he's definitely friend zoned. if you don't ask me out after a week, week and a half, i can't be bothered because apparently you can't either.:nono:

It's just crazy to see how many profiles he has on the same site but they all say something different.:lachen: Which one is the truth.....

Oasis
He called me today and we get on great. I was expecting days of texting but he called me. I don't want to be messaged, text or talked to for weeks on end before meeting....to me it doesn't show they are serious or are just playing games. A month is not even friends for me as i don't need a pen pal!!!!

ok. my online adventures.

It's really hard for me to find a man I'm attracted to. I'm never attracted to anyone so I always go back to my exes :nono: yeh..i learned the hard way they are exes for a reason lol. anyway back in Jan 2011 i went on match for 2 weeks cause my ex & i had an argument. I had like 200 winks, 100 emails within that 1st week. i went out on 1 date. yuck.
got back w/ ex. cancelled account after 2nd week. Sept it was over with my ex again. got on eharmony. I HATE EHARMONY! i didn't know u couldn't search. I had to sit there and wait for them to send me 2-3 matches a day. I was soo pissed. This is what I text to my friends.
I hope this ain't nobody's man or daddy. no offense :sad:
eharmony.jpg

yes ..this is the shiiit eharmony be sending me. $45 a fluckin month. Smh! :nono:
I want to sue eharmony :lachen: deactivated & lost my $$
I ran back to my ex.

Last edited:
We have our first date on Monday. We are both really looking forward to it.

During our conversation yesterday he said that he had hidden his profile. I was surprised as we both had only been on the site for 2 weeks and he said i am the only person he had prolonged messaging with and now phonecalls. He said he had seen my profile 3 days before he actually sent me a message but thought he had no chance but then decided to send me a message (which was the nicest i had ever received).

I asked him why and he got all flustered and said he just did and mumbled.
I just checked the site and he has closed his account.
Is he banking on me being 'the one' or is he hiding from someone....mmmm. From the way he comes across hiding doesn't seem to the case.

He hasn't asked me to hide my account (not that i would at this stage).

Should i bring up the subject on our date?

ETA - I talked to him about it and i'm happy with his answer.

Last edited:
sylver2 ^^^^^ the old folks would say "girl go on and give him a try, I bet he'll treat you so good" :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Now I have the opposite issue. I'm meeting men that look good but are too concieted and arrogant. :ohwell:

Ok, I'm convinced that the average guy online over the age of 35 is LYING about their age!

The 30-somethings look 45, the 40-somethings look like they are in their 50's and those that do claim 50 plus should not even be contacting me:/

Plus, I don’t trust the height listed for any man under 6’4” – you can’t fake 6’4”.

you don't have a car anymoar so i might have to pick you up? wait . . . wat?:perplexed

Plus, I don’t trust the height listed for any man under 6’4” – you can’t fake 6’4”.

why they gotta lie though? if you end up meeting you're gonna see he is 3 inches shorter than he claimed.:ohwell: i've had ONE guy tell the truth about his height.

@sylver2 a colleague of mine paid her £100 fee on eharmony and after a week deleted her account. She didn't realise you couldn't search profiles and was fed up of men like 'that' being matched with her.
That's why i'm on POF, i get to see those kind of profiles for free :lol:

ETA - everytime i look at that picture i laugh with tears in my eyes.

Last edited:
you don't have a car anymoar so i might have to pick you up? wait . . . wat?:perplexed

why they gotta lie though? if you end up meeting you're gonna see he is 3 inches shorter than he claimed.:ohwell: i've had ONE guy tell the truth about his height.

idk, man. dudes lie about their height so much that they had me wondering if i was actually taller than i thought i was. i started to think i was 5'10 because i was so much taller than these alleged 5'9, 5'8 dudes. i eventually measured myself with a measuring stick to find out the truth. turns out dudes were just a bunch of short liars :lol:

Back