***Online Dating Support Thread***

If you don't have "time" to date, why the hell are you on a dating website? I hate liars.

I recently ended it with a person I had been dating because he was on a turtle with three pace. We lived in different boroughs and he seemed to be fine with NEVER seeing each other. The final straw for me came when I asked him what he'd be doing on his day off and his answer was LAUNDRY...o rly? :lol:

We had a talk yesterday and he talked about being too busy and all of this other shullbit. So I called him out on it and said that if you don't have "time" then you shouldn't be on a dating site.

I know that if a man wants you he'll make time for you, so it was...whatever.

Funny thing happened though....his identical twin brother hits me up on the site where we met....:lachen:

My life is comedy, I tell ya!
:rofl: :rofl:

I've pretty much convinced myself that men are scary and don't have a clue as to what they want in a relationship. And half of the men on this site (POF) have NO business trying to date anybody's daughter until they get their ish together. :ohwell:

I have chatted with some thirsty, HANDSOME, desperate, fifty-leven kids having, ready to tie the knot after 3 days, perverted, scary, crazy, FINE, bipolar, pushy, abusive tendencies, talk too much, unemployed, GORGEOUS, living in hotels, homeless, no car having men on POF-all of them right here in the Atlanta area. :nono: :perplexed I can't...I just can't.... :ohwell: I just put myself back into the dating scene and less than 3 weeks later, I once again realize why I removed myself from the dating scene.

I'm gonna give this until January 1 to meet a SANE, professional, and attractive man that has a car, job, and a place to live. After that, I'm happily removing myself from the dating scene again. :look:

Last edited:
you are so sexy! I feel like you could have replaced left eye of TLC. she was sexy but you have the same demeanor and its amazing!

:rofl: this dood stays messaging me and i've not once responded. he loves my lipstick, he wants to know if i've ever dated a white guy, he thinks i'm sooo well-spoken etc. etc. etc. :lachen::nono: poor thing.

I'm finding I'm really picky since online dating (physical attraction, religion, interests, etc. have to be on point) ....I joined match.com and giving it one month....

Really, really enjoying this guy. He's so well-balanced. It hasn't been that long, but I feel like I've known him forever and the attraction is electric. I hope things continue on this path.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

Hey Ladies. On OKC, is there a function that people can set up to automatically send a message if two people chose each other?

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF app

Hey Ladies. On OKC, is there a function that people can set up to automatically send a message if two people chose each other?

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF app

Yup, if you're on your phone you can still get to it. On my Droid, it's under User Settings.

I have chatted with some men online recently and I see the black community has not been teaching them enough about morals,ethics, family values,money, life and the world. :nono:

This man is 45 years old and talks like a fantasizing pre-teen. Disgrace....

I have chatted with some men online recently and I see the black community has not been teaching them enough about morals,ethics, family values,money, life and the world. :nono:

This man is 45 years old and talks like a fantasizing pre-teen. Disgrace....

You mean like being in their late 30s/early 40s and "still" being an aspiring musician? lol.

You mean like being in their late 30s/early 40s and "still" being an aspiring musician? lol.

Grown men living like teens and kids. It's disgusting. And the attitude that accompanies them is horrendous. I'm seeing a sense of entitlement because they were born with a penis.

Self-employed meaning, NO job because they loss one not due to the economy.....poor work ethics!

Dreaming of making 15.00 hr.....

Using their mom's car....

Afraid you will eat too much at dinner so try to fill you up on bread....

5 children, 5 women and blaming women for not making them wear protection....

Ex. Dude had on his profile I work for a fortune 500 company. He was in an office dressed in a suit. We began to talk offline and he tells me he just got the job as a janitor there. I asked what did you do before this job.....NOTHING. He's 43. So I asked him about the picture he said PROUDLY "oh that was taken at my cousin's office to get the ladies interest."

I'm sorry @43 he should have had more work experience and history.....

My list could go on.....:nono:

no this dood did not just text me. i'ont even member what he looks like.:nono: boy, bye!

white doods have always shown me mad love but they really like my new pic.:ohwell:*makes vision board covered with nerdy, black hotties*

Hi ladies. I'm a newbie on this thread and would like your advice. I recently met a man on match.com. Our 1st date was yesterday evening and I had an amazing time. He took me to dinner, then an upscale bar, then he was hungry again so we went for dinner/dessert again to cap off the evening. Since our 1st phone conversation (2 days b4 date) he's mentioned that we should spend new years eve together. I said sure.

Well come to find out...it will be at his apartment. I'm hesitant now...especially because he doesn't think it would be safe for me to return home after 12 am (he's in jersey, im in manhattan) so he wants me to sleep over. He saw my surprise and hesitation and said even if he wanted to do the business with me, he would not. He just wants us to cook together, spend more time chatting and celebrate the new year with me. He plans for us to start the date at 2pm today?

He's a successful entrepreneur who's 36 years old and moved to the US 5 years ago.

My brother met his fiance on match.com in July 2012 this year and their 2nd date was also a dinner that he prepared for them at his house... He had good intentions. So that thought is what tells me I shouldn't be too worried, but I don't know.

Can you ladies share your thoughts? Thanks

Afro Puff

If you feel uncomfortable about meeting him at his home, no matter the occasion, DO NOT GO. Let's look at the facts:

1. You've talked to him for 2 days prior to meeting him, so it's safe to say that you may not know him that well just yet

2. You met in a public place for the first date which is great, but for the next date (the day after) he wants you to sleepover...already? Idk, I know you said that he said he doesn't want to get in your pants but from what you described, it *looks* like that is exactly what he is trying to do. If that is what you want, I'm not shunning it or anything, I'm just saying that appears to be his intentions. If he is concerned about you leaving too late, why can't he accompany you to your place to make sure you make it there safely?

If we give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he has completely innocent intentions, how about you two go to some cozy public place near you? That way you would feel more comfortable, y'all both get to spend time together on NYE, and you could make it back to your place after 12 when you feel ready to. If he is into you for the right reasons, then he will definitely understand.

All in all, I think the fact that you are questioning whether you should go is a sign that you should not.

Last edited:
Thanks Lilac. I spoke to him this morning. Told him I'm not staying at his place. He said he understands and mentioned some alternative plans we could make. But none pleased me. Told him I'll just see him Sun or Mon instead.

I have been down this road before but im giving this online thing a shot. we are long distance but im planning to relocate soon in the next few months. Im taking it one day at a time and im enjoying our friendship.

Last week, I went out with a guy that I met on POF. He was attractive, educated, great sense of humor...we connected very well in our phone conversations. When we met, we hit it off as well...great chemistry. During the date he asked me out again. So last week, we spoke and he was really busy and stressed with work so we didn't go out during the week and planned to go out on Saturday (NYE). I was pretty excited to have a date on NYE...have fun with good company. Too bad this New School Negro decided to show his a$$. On Thursday when we spoke he was telling how stressed he was at work....Friday...I get a TEXT message from him late in the evening about how he's been knocked out since he got home and how he thinks he's coming down with something because of being worn out :rolleyes:. So I'm like okay...I see where this is headed, when I get the call on the day we're supposed to be going out that he has to cancel I shouldn't feel upset because he did give the "warning signal".

Saturday arrives and I don't hear from him at all, I give him a call early in the afternoon and he doesn't answer his phone, so I leave a voicemail. I get a call from him at 5PM...he doesn't call to apologize for not calling me earlier, or even say that's he canceling our date. He calls as though, we had no plans and everything is all good. He tells me how he's been out all day at a mechanic getting his car fixed, and how he still feels like crap....then this is the KICKER....he says "So what are you up...what are you getting into later?" :lol:

I tell him that since I hadn't heard from him I made other plans and would be going out with a friend. He then pulls another trick...he says yeah I just feel so bad, I can't wait to get married so I can have someone at home to take care of me when I'm sick. I think this is new school negro thought I was gonna volunteer to come over and "take care" of him. So I told him that I had to go and finish getting ready. Won't be seeing him again.

Since he's a new school negro, I'm pretty sure that I'll be getting a call from him asking me out again, etc....because that's how they are...they feel entitled. They think that we're waiting in the wings for their call. When he does call I will definitely be telling him about himself.

He's younger than I am, and I didn't want to use that against him at all...but his behavior is typical of his age.

I made some resolutions, and few them included relationships. To be honest in the past I would've probably stood for something like that...and would've given him another chance...now...HELL NO! Dude can kiss the blackest part of my a$$! :lol:

Saturday arrives and I don't hear from him at all, I give him a call early in the afternoon and he doesn't answer his phone, so I leave a voicemail. I get a call from him at 5PM...he doesn't call to apologize for not calling me earlier, or even say that's he canceling our date. He calls as though, we had no plans and everything is all good. He tells me how he's been out all day at a mechanic getting his car fixed, and how he still feels like crap....then this is the KICKER....he says "So what are you up...what are you getting into later?"

I hate this... why do people do this? My mom is like this all the time. Instead of acting like plans changed or you don't want to do what you originally planned to do, they pretend like they never commented on the issue in the first place!

Like I had a conversation - multiple conversations really - with my mom about her moving back to the city and selling her house... and I talked to her today and she acted like she had never planned to move and avoiding steering the conversation to where I would point out that she already said she wanted to move... why do people do this? He sucks lol.

wow i got a TEXT from a guy asking me, at 5:30 to go out with him at 6. i had plans, and told him that. he said he'd like to see me soon and maybe we can work something out. that was wednesday. haven't heard from him other than a txt asking what i was doing for NYE -on- nye at 7pm. I did see that he was "online now!" on match today. huh?? he could have planned something for today, since we both had the day off. he's been online ALLL day. i dont get it, and i'm getting really discouraged. I mean, these guys make NO SENSE at all. what am I doing to make him think i'm the 'option' or 'last min. girl' ? I haven't gone out with him at the last min, so i dont know why he thinks its okay to act this way.

wow i got a TEXT from a guy asking me, at 5:30 to go out with him at 6. i had plans, and told him that. he said he'd like to see me soon and maybe we can work something out. that was wednesday. haven't heard from him other than a txt asking what i was doing for NYE -on- nye at 7pm. I did see that he was "online now!" on match today. huh?? he could have planned something for today, since we both had the day off. he's been online ALLL day. i dont get it, and i'm getting really discouraged. I mean, these guys make NO SENSE at all. what am I doing to make him think i'm the 'option' or 'last min. girl' ? I haven't gone out with him at the last min, so i dont know why he thinks its okay to act this way.

Please don't be discouraged over one guy, the same way that he's treating you like an option...treat him the same way. Continue to search for and meet other men.

How many dates have you been on with him?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I hate this... why do people do this? My mom is like this all the time. Instead of acting like plans changed or you don't want to do what you originally planned to do, they pretend like they never commented on the issue in the first place!

Like I had a conversation - multiple conversations really - with my mom about her moving back to the city and selling her house... and I talked to her today and she acted like she had never planned to move and avoiding steering the conversation to where I would point out that she already said she wanted to move... why do people do this? He sucks lol.

He does suck, and he did what he did because he's disrespectful and rude. I'm just happy when people show their a$$ early.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

OMG, so I decided to give the online thing a try, just to get back out there (had a recent break up) and lock in a few quick dates-nothing serious. I really feel like a snob right now. First of all, is it customary to misspell everything and type in incomplete sentences now? I know that may sound petty, but I have been over here rolling at some of these messages. (I may have to come back and give you an actual example)

Not to mention, getting the messages that JUST say; "you're beautiful" or "Hi" or "holla back"....ummm no sir.

And, what is up with guys taking photos of themselves where you can clearly see them aiming the phone at the mirror? Am I really the only one who thinks this is hilarious?

I've gotten a lot of messages, but nothing even close to what I'd be interested in. I kinda feel bad, I don't even want to respond to anyone.

Please don't be discouraged over one guy, the same way that he's treating you like an option...treat him the same way. Continue to search for and meet other men.

How many dates have you been on with him?

only one date with him, about 3 weeks ago. I feel like all of a sudden he started trying to manage me via txt and he keeps talking about getting together every week and it hasn't happened.(he asks the same day and i genuinely have had conflicts with such short notice)

i'm just discouraged from this kind of behavior from many guys overall. it seems to be an epidemic.

you're right, i'll just keep on dating!

Back