***Online Dating Support Thread***

It's nice to see people having luck with online dating!
I'm getting the itch to join POF again, but I must refrain until I know that I am for sure ready to date.
I mean dating is HARD enough, but dating someone you met online seems even harder :/

But the way my life is right now, I doubt I'll meet any date-worthy guys irl. Decisions. Decisions.

wtf is the purpose of rating someone? am i supposed to rate back? am i supposed to send a message saying thanks? what.is.the.point?

i'm srsly about to add something to my profile about putting all those that rate but don't message on some sort of black list.:lol: [/rant]

Hi girls! :wave:

Just wanted to chime in and say a quick hello. :yep: I've been lurking for a bit but have definitely been keeping updated on your dating adventures. I see the POF/OKC pool has remained.. interesting. :lol:

Stay positive nonetheless, good things are coming.

For whatever reason, I've started logging back into my POF account. I chatted with this guy on and off yesterday and gave him my number.

I've actually gotten quite a few messages, but umm...most of these dudes. :nono: I'm sorry, attraction is important to me and most of these individuals are facially challenged. I don't need a drop-dead gorgeous guy, but if I recoil at your pic, that's not a good sign.

So I haven't heard back from homeboy yet, not on the phone or on the site and we've both logged on at the same time on a few occasions.

Whatever man...

I told myself no more online dating, but I saw the post on free communication weekend so I re-activated my profile. I never was a paying member and looking at who they matched me to, I won't be. They matched me with guys that do not have a preference for black girls. Weird.

^^
Most of those men on the paid dating sites don't list black women under their preferences. :look:
That's why I like the free sites. I already know they don't prefer bw, but at least I don't have to see it on their page.

do you really believe this is true?

I don't know. Maybe just the ones online. Whenever, I would go to a man's page on one of those paid sites, (98% of the time) bw wouldn't be listed under his preferences. I don't know if it's their true preference or some kind of defense mechanism...like they're either ashamed to admit it online or only like bw if they find one attractive who is open to them.

ETA: This is just in my experience online. I know this doesn't apply to most of you all as you have tons of men who prefer bw messaging you daily. So feel free to ignore what I just said. :lol:

Last edited:
i personally wouldn't message/respond to a man that didn't have black women listed. however, i think a lot of those guys don't have us as a preference because they're idiots :lol:. being with a black woman romantically has probably not crossed their mind but when they see/meet one they (meaning non-black men) like that kinda goes out the window.

So this guy on chemistry wants to take me out. But he hasn't asked crap about me. This was his first email to me. I just...sigh. Though I may just say yes because for once we are in the same town. um.

So I didn't deactivate my profile but I hid it so that I wouldn't show in search engines anymore. Im so tired of these anybodys sending me messages. I really want to type if you wouldn't normally approach me IRL, then don't approach me online :look: But then I do have guys who I do like who probably wouldn't approach me IRL that approach me online. Double edged sword!

I think ur sexy as hell and i want to take u out....

Says the yt guy who has a strong racial preference for yt women. I can't, not tonight:nono::lol:

just had the BEST first date with a really NICE AMAZING SWEET FUNNY CUTE AND SEXY guy. crossing my fingers. i'm scared out my mind that he didnt like me and was just being polite.

just had the BEST first date with a really NICE AMAZING SWEET FUNNY CUTE AND SEXY guy. crossing my fingers. i'm scared out my mind that he didnt like me and was just being polite.

I had a date like that on Tuesday and thought, "Well, at least we had a good time and new experience with each other. Back to the drawing board." But then a couple of days later he surprised me with a nice note and asked to see me again. Like, the date itself went well, but I couldn't tell if he was into me as a girl. I mean, I still don't know exactly, but... at least there's another chance to find out.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

Just talked to this guy from ATL bwo Little Rock and I swear...either my slang dictionary is outdated or something because I could barely understand what he was talking about. Either or he just rambled, rambled, rambled, made me laugh, rambled some more until I kept laughing and 30 minutes later Im still confused. I want to hook him up with one of my hoodrat cousins because I dont think anything is poppin off with us, but somehow he thinks it is :look:

Really great date last night with the guy I went out with on Tuesday. I invited him over for dinner b/c my fridge broke and I had to cook. And he might as well know that I can.

I'm a little worried b/c he just got out of a year and a half relationship with someone 2 months ago. He says they knew the breakup was coming and just decided to end it for various reasons that he told me. And that breaking up was more of a decision of the mind than the heart, but that he's completely moved on.

-_-

I'm just not sure that's possible quite like that in that kind of situation where it's a decision of the mind and I don't want to be his rebound. I'm going to try to move very slowly. Ya know, in case she makes a reappearance and his mind changes.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

I really can't believe this dude never called. What the **** you ask for my number for then?

This is exactly why I can't be bothered with this crap.

So I didn't respond to messages from a guy who sent me a note TWICE...I don't know why he didn't get the hint the first time but anyway. I hadn't seen a note from him in awhile so he sent me a 3rd note saying :

"I didn't realize you were illiterate...take and thank you."

When I went to respond with a smart aleck comment, this fool has blocked me LOL! Chronicles of An Online Dater SMDH

ETA: I guess he thought he was a lucky catch. He wasn't even in my age range either! http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=21608778

Last edited:
So this guy messaged me on chemistry during the free communication weekend. He seemed stable so I responded back. I met him this past Monday. He wanted to take me out, but then only ordered a drink and I ate. He also kept calling me sweetheart, and honestly I hate that especially when we don't know each other.

He seems fantastic on paper but I don't have that initial attraction to him. I am used to athletic men and while he is a firefighter he wouldn't be invited to do the calendar. I don't know what is wrong with me, I have been into guys who weren't cut, but I suppose it took me a few dates to get there with them.

My friend gave me a great pep talk, she was like don't think that you need to decide NOW on a man. So that is what I will do.

Hey Ladies, how do you respond when a guy rates your profile? Do you send him a message or just leave it alone? I'm not sure what to do in circumstances like this and its been happening frequently since I updated my photos. TIA :)

Hey Ladies, how do you respond when a guy rates your profile? Do you send him a message or just leave it alone? I'm not sure what to do in circumstances like this and its been happening frequently since I updated my photos. TIA :)

Um, never used this rating thing. I would just message them if you may like what he has to say.

If they really want to get to know you, they would message you. You could rate them back or visit their page a lot to show interest. If they don't do anything, I would move on.

So I didn't respond to messages from a guy who sent me a note TWICE...I don't know why he didn't get the hint the first time but anyway. I hadn't seen a note from him in awhile so he sent me a 3rd note saying :

"I didn't realize you were illiterate...take and thank you."

When I went to respond with a smart aleck comment, this fool has blocked me LOL! Chronicles of An Online Dater SMDH

ETA: I guess he thought he was a lucky catch. He wasn't even in my age range either! http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=21608778

Ewww not with that tacky a$$ leopard couch with matching drapes...and that bed shot....GTFOH!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Back