***Online Dating Support Thread***

lmao @ recoil.

Im glad that you let him know. why would he ask "what are you doing" if he remembered that you two had plans. what a weirdo

:lol:

I feel bad for saying that. But believe me, I'm not an overly critical person and these men are just not cute AT ALL.

:lol:

I feel bad for saying that. But believe me, I'm not an overly critical person and these men are just not cute AT ALL.

I really understand...:yep:
I shouldn't say this but... I can't imagine having any of them floppin up and down near me.:nono: My age group is horrid. I'm going younger now.

just look at this mess, who is going out with him:lachen: And i thought 35+ was bad.
http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=33451203

Im glad that you let him know. why would he ask "what are you doing" if he remembered that you two had plans. what a weirdo

I had a guy do that to me before. Then he had the audacity to get mad because I had plans. Don't like me know the day of unless you got it like that and you know I like you! But if we just meet mmh no..

super_SWEET no ma'am! :lol: NO MA'AM! SN: I hate when they look cute in the small pic but then you click on the profile and the pic doesn't look the same blown up.

Did this ***** just send me a message and I quote...WOW, are you completely ignoring me?

yes.jpg

I don't know you man, or owe you SMIT! REALLY.......
I never even talked to this dude! The message he sent me a couple of days ago said "your smile is simply amazing"

political-pictures-blank-stares.jpg

Pet Peeve:
Why do guys send you a message saying "Hi" WHAT THE.....is that supposed to start a conversation with me? DANG! You couldn't even think out a response with more than one word? DELETE!

Pet Peeve:
Why do guys send you a message saying "Hi" WHAT THE.....is that supposed to start a conversation with me? DANG! You couldn't even think out a response with more than one word? DELETE!

You can set a character limit, if you're talking about POF, it helps eliminate SOME of the garbage.

ugh guys i really like this guy... just waiting for the other shoe to drop i guess. i really need for him to show his true colors if there are any. he can't be this good:ohwell: I told him last night that i was celibate and he told me that that was something he was really interested in. ive pretty much let the other guys alone....

I told him last night that i was celibate and he told me that that was something he was really interested in.

what does this mean? does he intend on studying the "art of celibacy" LOL. He sounds like a Yes man but that's cool..I like puppies. :yep:

Thank goodness for Google Voice!

i gave a guy from match dot com my GV number, he txted and asked if it's a real number, said he googled it and "google came up"
then he called me manipulative b/c of it and said he'd never had anyone "give a google voice number before" :nono:

i'm like, man, it's just a gv number it's not a fake name, and you did reach the person you intended to reach!!

sorry i have too many sad stories!

UGH! look at this guy's match profile opening:

____

So I guess I should be clear since I have met DUDS up to this point on Match.com.

In order to ride this ride, please note the following:

a) If you have a weave, dont apply. I like to stroke my womans hair without the thought that it might come out.
b) If you have stretch marks, Im not interested.
c) If you aren't reading one or more books that are not bafoonery, then Im not interested.
d) If you don't have a solid earning POTENTIAL, Im not interested.
e) If you arent open to going dutch on the first date, you sound like a terrible investment, so I am not interested. Im about a partnership, so If you are looking for a dinner, coffee, brunch, or Pedicure sponsor, I am not your man.
f) If you are financially responsible, brilliant, love God, believe in the impossible, articulate, smell good, then, you are exactly what I'm looking for.
g) If your hands or feet have ever been called ugly, or even questionable, I am not interested.
h) If you look like the cookie monster without make up, Im not interested. In fact, the less makeup, the better.
i) If you dont give back to your community, dont bother with me. Im about the empowerment of my people, and a woman that doesnt have that vision is a disappointment to me.
j) If you are not progressive in thinking, creative, or have some talent that makes this world a better place, you are probably not the one for me.
k) If you arent amazing....go away.
l) If you dont envision having multiple homes, you need not apply....your world is too small.
m) If you dont want children....not a chance.
n) If you believe in a sense of entitlement, then Im not interested.
o) If you dont love kids, I dont love you.
p) If you are not affectionate....I am not in the least bit interested in dating a robot.
q) If you dont have an extensive ability to use the english language properly....this is not gonna happen.
r) If you cant have a versatile conversation that reflects your brilliance, we are probably not a good fit.
s) If you dont want to live in Chicago, LA, or overseas at some point (or all three)...Im not interested.
t) If you arent interested in changing the world...you bore me.
u) If you go to sleep before 11pm, you need to start living life.
v) If you cant cook, that means you are incapable of feeding my future children...and that, my dear, is unacceptable.
w) If you arent passionate about Barack Obama, Im not passionate about you. I cant teach you everything maam.
x) If your breath stinks, go away.
y) If you still have blackberry, that means that you ignore innovation, even when its staring you right in the face. Simply speaking you are not a visionary, no thank you.
z) If you dont appreciate the simple things in life...its unacceptable.

Those are my ABC's to dating.

Im looking for amazing, and have yet to find it.
_______

He sounds like a pure douche bag. He obviously has some MAJOR issues...all that BS and he wonders why he is single. Too bad there will be women trying to get at him; hoping and praying that they are the woman of his dreams. :rolleyes: :nono:

I have a meeting-date tonight after work and I'm pretty excited about this one. Wish me luck! I'm getting a little tired.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

i gave a guy from match dot com my GV number, he txted and asked if it's a real number, said he googled it and "google came up"
then he called me manipulative b/c of it and said he'd never had anyone "give a google voice number before" :nono:

i'm like, man, it's just a gv number it's not a fake name, and you did reach the person you intended to reach!!

sorry i have too many sad stories!

Wow that's pretty creepy! Googling TELEPHONE numbers....:nono:

Does anyone else have a problem sending EXTRA pictures? On my profile I have headshots (close) and body shots....so these people can know what they are getting.

I just get pervy vibes from guys who want more pictures. I can understand asking for another pic if the person only has headshots or just busted pics in general...but asking for more pics within two minutes of us talking?!

I also got a text from a fake number from a guy I stopped speaking to, and due to the misspelled words in the texts I know exactly who it is...I deleted his REAL number though...loser.

Also, I think someone posted some guy's laundry list of requirements...I think one of them was a grasp of the English language...I can understand where he is coming from honestly. I'm not a grammar or spelling nazi but DAMN!!!

/endrant

HauteHippie,

You seem to be really good at this, while the rest of us are struggling lol.
Do you have any tips on how we can get quality attractive guys to message us on these sites? (Photos, profile content...)

i thought i was into white guys, and i do find them attractive but, yes, i am one of those black women that prefers her own.:cry: imma be alone forever!:nono::lol:

i can't pay a blk dood to hit me up.:(

I just get pervy vibes from guys who want more pictures. I can understand asking for another pic if the person only has headshots or just busted pics in general...but asking for more pics within two minutes of us talking?!
/endrant

Be careful. If the person isnt enoughh with at least 1 or 2 pics, he is most likely a "collector". beware.

HauteHippie,

You seem to be really good at this, while the rest of us are struggling lol.
Do you have any tips on how we can get quality attractive guys to message us on these sites? (Photos, profile content...)

lushcoils

I don't think it's necessarily anything that I'm doing, just a numbers game. And... they don't message me. I message them just as often, though I do honestly prefer to go out with those who message me. I think I'm just getting lucky more than anything else, but not lucky enough!

Tips? Tips-ish:
It seems like a lot of guys in the NYC Metro area go online around 7am, 11-2, and 7-9pm, basically eating times. I'll change profile information or answer a question to show up in the activity log.

I changed my settings to show matches that are online now. That way when I visit they know and will visit my page.

I think I keep my profile pretty light. About a month ago, I added a no makeup, just woke up pic and my new profile pic is a sailing, no makeup pic.

I hope to come off as confident, passionate, genuine, low maintenance, laid back, but with high expectations and the ability to dress up nicely and go out (if that makes any sense). I also say straight out on my profile that I don't have a racial preference and I'm open to Interracial dating. My who should message me indicates exactly the kind of guy I want (mindset) and I think some guys find it an accomplishable challenge. I hope that my word choice is relatable to men.

I don't have a lot of wisdom or anything, but I hope that helps.

Also, I think someone posted some guy's laundry list of requirements...I think one of them was a grasp of the English language...I can understand where he is coming from honestly. I'm not a grammar or spelling nazi but DAMN!!!
/endrant

Yesssssssssssss! I love guys that use proper grammar and speak English fluently LOL...I use slang but geez sometimes you just need to turn it off so I can understand you. The older I get the less slang I use and the more annoyed I get with the "boyz lukz nic3" texts and the slang ALL the time. I don't even answer those msgs anymore because I know it would be a waste (not to be confused with "waist" as ppl keep using in its place) of time.

HauteHippie, do you mind critiquing my profile? Because I'm not getting messages or views at all. I looked at your page so I should be in your visitor list.

lushcoils

Sure, I'll give it a look-see. But, you know, I think it's probably fine. Your profile just might not be getting maximum exposure. I'll pm you tomorrow after I take a gander.

Hey! I'm still going to pm you, but honestly... I think your profile is great. Maybe the issue is location?

Back