***Online Dating Support Thread***

Im just waiting for e-harmony profile to end on the 29th. Waste of money i dont know which one is worse them or match.com. Im disappointed .......ah well it will happen but maybe not on-line.....

Hi cinnespice! :wave:

E-harmony was such a waste of time for me too :nono:

I make good profiles on the free sites but I had the best luck replying to the men's ads and profiles. Have you gone on the hunt? :lol:

Hi Daeuiel
What do you mean but hunt? like i go out into manhattan and chase after dudes or something......nah I havn't lol. My nook is my new best friend. It was actually my wingman on the train one day but i couldn't work up the nerve to get the digits.
Free sites i havn't tried even though i know my friend me his wife on pof the told me to try it... Oh and i have responded to guys who i thought were interesting and they never said anything back. Thats okay i give them a week and then kick them to the curb.I think i just have to get out there and do other things besides the net and go from there.

Oh by hunt I meant do you look through guys profiles and ads. Not only waiting to see who sends you a message. Lol @ go out & chase after dudes!

Lol i did that on match. I tried it on e-harmony but i don't think you can. If im doing it wrong please tell me that way i can hunt. Cause some of the guys they sent me, i just had to laugh. What im going to do with a 5'5" man?? im 6 feet tall......really i can deal with 5'9" but they just keep screwing things up. Oh the cake is when they send me guys im interested in and they live in ohhhh let's say chicago....ok i live in nyc.......come on .....

Thus far I'm keeping my online profiles up through the new year. However, I started talking to someone on POF in November (mentioned him in an earlier post) and things are going well. We met in mid December and have been out twice. It's still early so I'm not putting all of my eggs into one basket, but I'm optimistic. We'll see how things progress when I get back from vacation (2 weeks overseas). I've heard from him via facebook since I've been gone so that's a good sign.

I have upped my online thing I was going to try eharmony but Im not paying for that.I will do pof,zooks,okcupid and see what happens.

@cinnespice and @ dauiel

about half the guys i really got to know from meeting them online, or have gone out on dates with, it was me who msg'd them first. i never really mad a pass at them or anything. nor did i ever compliment them on their looks or anything like that. i would just make a short comment on something they had on their profile. or i might mention that i liked their profile, along with another comment that left it open for him to respond with something more.
if he was interested he'd w.b. making conversation. if he wasn't he'd ignore it or say thanks or something and that was that. either way i never put TOO much effort into it. i think that might make the person come off as desperate. and who wants that?

People use Craigslist for dating?!? I honestly thought it was just for those shady sex meetings. You learn something new every day!

If she thinks walking around with the whole bottle of foundation on her face works for her, then let her go on with her bad self :lol: But does she have a man though? :look: ...:giggle:

Aww thank you :blush3:

Girrrl, I've been trying to figure that out, I'm
just as puzzled:perplexed as you are :lol:, She says she does, but
I never met him!

And another question how soon do you let someone know
your REAL name or add them on FB.
I'm trying to saturate myself with information
before I try an online dating site

Girrrl, I've been trying to figure that out, I'm
just as puzzled:perplexed as you are :lol:, She says she does, but
I never met him!

And another question how soon do you let someone know
your REAL name or add them on FB.
I'm trying to saturate myself with information
before I try an online dating site

Well, I want to tell you to be as cautious as possible, but in the end you're going to do what feels right to you in that moment. I'd advise adding a guy on FB until you are exclusive. :look: I know a girl who added a guy after 3 great dates...then saw that he was chatting with her family on FB, before she'd even told them about him. It was kind of weird...:look::perplexed:ohwell: So yeah, I wouldn't add a guy until I was sure I wouldn't mind my friends and family all interacting with him.

As to telling your real name, that's something I only do after they ask me out. If you're going to go on a date then of course using your real name is kind of necessary :giggle: If you don't feel comfortable giving a guy your real name yet, then that's fine. Get to know him better until you do. If a guy is being really pushy about it...:ohwell: Lucky for me, all the guys who wanted to know before I was willing to give it, were also grammatically challenged. Made it real easy for me to move on to the next. :lol:

@ skiggle

Wait. How long have y'all been friends? And you never met her man? Where she hiding him? LOL

@ skiggle

Wait. How long have y'all been friends? And you never met her man? Where she hiding him? LOL

Friends for several years, lol, she's not the brightest
so I always get second opinions:nono:... but she's always
entertaining :drunk:.
I think I'm going to try OkCupid after I graduate!
Thanks ssoooo much Daeuiel :yep:

Friends for several years, lol, she's not the brightest
so I always get second opinions:nono:... but she's always
entertaining :drunk:.
I think I'm going to try OkCupid after I graduate!
Thanks ssoooo much Daeuiel :yep:

You're welcome :) yay for nutty & entertaining friends :lol:

Ok ladies I did pof now I got a guy who wanting to go have drinks..I dont know what to day I asked him what is looking for.Any suggestions ladies?

I've dated 3 guys on POF, and I'm ready to give it a break. 2 men that I met started out with the typical "Your gorgeous....Why arent you married? Can I keep you?". Then as soon as things got semi serious they bounced. I'm done thinking it's me. I'm thinking I should take a break from that site since I'm not having the best of luck :\

Ok ladies I did pof now I got a guy who wanting to go have drinks..I dont know what to day I asked him what is looking for.Any suggestions ladies?

Well, if I liked the guy, he seemed cute and not creepy, I'd meet him there, have a drink and see what he's like in person. If you are a light drinker or don't usually do things like that, then don't. Did you get the vibe that he is just looking to have a good time and not a serious relationship?

I've dated 3 guys on POF, and I'm ready to give it a break. 2 men that I met started out with the typical "Your gorgeous....Why arent you married? Can I keep you?". Then as soon as things got semi serious they bounced. I'm done thinking it's me. I'm thinking I should take a break from that site since I'm not having the best of luck :\

Same scenarios happened with me on POF and Okcupid. At first I was like..dang what's wrong with me? But I'm wondering if those sites attract a certain guy..namely players! Now I'm trying Match. If it's the same there then it might be a wrap for me and online dating.

If you decide to go, I would tell someone else or a few people where I was going, the name of the individual and their number. Get someone to take note of his appearance and license plate number if he drives there.

Also, if you're not up for drinks, suggest a coffeeshop like Starbuks or a local cafe.

Same scenarios happened with me on POF and Okcupid. At first I was like..dang what's wrong with me? But I'm wondering if those sites attract a certain guy..namely players! Now I'm trying Match. If it's the same there then it might be a wrap for me and online dating.

Exactly. I really get the feeling that the majority of those guys are looking for a good time. I actually want to try out EHarmony since I am looking for something serious...But I dont know if it's worth $50 bucks.

Match is...pretty okay. I met 2 gorgeous guys on there but it didnt go anywhere. It's worth a shot though :yep:

I'm actually planning on going out with another guy from POF. Completely adorable and sweet. We met up at Starbucks and shopped for books at borders months ago, but he's been traveling since then. We kept in touch and he just got back home Monday. Hopefully our 2nd date is as wonderful as the 1st :grin:

so I signed up for match.com yesterday. I got a message saying I got an e-mail from someone but I can't see it, do I have to subscribe? I really don't wanna pay

I've been going out with my e-harmony match for 2 months. Don't know where it is going but we have had lots of fun together.

so my eharmony guy (from august) met my family during christmas. i met his mom and 2 of his brothers last week in FL.

we are now at the stage where we realize that long distance can't go on forever. he is looking to move up north. i think once he moves i'll have confirmation that he's the "one" or that it won't work.

the next few months will be interesting

so my eharmony guy (from august) met my family during christmas. i met his mom and 2 of his brothers last week in FL.

we are now at the stage where we realize that long distance can't go on forever. he is looking to move up north. i think once he moves i'll have confirmation that he's the "one" or that it won't work.

Oh wow! good luck!

That sounds exciting. I hope all works well for you guys.

I signed up for EHarmony 2 days ago and I just called to get my refund. That site is not what I expected at all. Most of the matches are completely off base for me. Maybe I'll try it again another time...but it threw me off :\

so I signed up for match.com yesterday. I got a message saying I got an e-mail from someone but I can't see it, do I have to subscribe? I really don't wanna pay

Yea, you have to subscribe to see messages. Tough thing is...If you find someone your totally attracted to on there and you message them, You have no way of finding out if they didnt message you because they aren't subscribers or if they think you suck :perplexed

I met my bf on POF. He went to Morehouse and is now headed to law school. We're also both joining the army together and plan to get married in the near future. We've known each other 1.5 years, been together 1 year.

I dont know WHAT the hell he was doing on there, as fine as he is, but I'm glad I swooped him up! LOL

Do a Google search for a free trial. They always have like a free weekend or 7 days free to try.

I signed up for EHarmony 2 days ago and I just called to get my refund. That site is not what I expected at all. Most of the matches are completely off base for me. Maybe I'll try it again another time...but it threw me off :\

This was my experience with them as well. I took all that time answering those series of specific questions of what I was looking for and the matches they end up sending me ..:perplexed I needn't have even bothered filling out that questionaire.

Back